Bone Fragement

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Bone Fragement

[Post New]by MacLaura on Sep 10, 10 12:42 PM
widgetwilk

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game and the process. and especially your drive to see if your work around "works"

But I am not a tester for the game

So I respectfully decline a replay, besides it seems the only way this works is to grab the WT and follow a very strict path up to this point - which is not fun for me.

If a strict path is necessary to play through the game without stumbling into a glitch, and who's to say playing from that point won;t result in more bugs triggered by any action off of some very straight path?

Then what? replay all over agan and totally from the walk through without exploration or free playing?

If this is the case, the developers should have made the game totally linear without choice

Of course it might not sell as well

I think the problem lies in the "fit between the game as coded to run on PC's and adapting it to fit the BFG game manager

Anyways if everyone replays games to work around problems there is less incentive to test games AFTER they have been altered to work with the BFG game manager - which is where I think the testing has broken down

But cheers to all who play through and have fun doing so.

[Post New]by widgetwilk on Sep 11, 10 12:22 AM
hi MacLaura,
I will try and close this now, but I agree with what you are saying, but if I have bought a game I want to play it, whichever way possible,

have still not had a reply from BF,

Keep playing games, it's fun, and the end is always worth it!!!!

[Post New]by Lee1966 on Sep 13, 10 2:57 PM
I had the same problem. I did try under a new player name and got the bone fragment. The only thing that was different was that this time I completed the puzzle on the alchemy table. The first time I got frustrated and skipped the puzzle. That 's the only thing I could think of why I couldn't get the bone. Did anyone else skip the puzzle for the medallion?

[Post New]by Katiejay on Sep 16, 10 12:54 PM
I am having no luck getting the bone either. I have tried everything I can think of & nothing works. Now what? That sort of ends the game right there?

[Post New]by ccfiveball on Sep 16, 10 7:10 PM
that bone is so irritating! I have tried clicking all over the place and all I get is the dialogue. I really do not want to start the game over, at all! To get one piece of the puzzle to move on to the next level is such a nussence.

[Post New]by widgetwilk on Sep 17, 10 12:53 AM
Lee1966 wrote:I had the same problem. I did try under a new player name and got the bone fragment. The only thing that was different was that this time I completed the puzzle on the alchemy table. The first time I got frustrated and skipped the puzzle. That 's the only thing I could think of why I couldn't get the bone. Did anyone else skip the puzzle for the medallion?

when I replayed it in new name I skip all the puzzles and got the bone, cannot remember if I skip that medallion puzzle to start with,

ccfiveball, have you tried to play with a different name??

Had a reply from BF asking a few more questions,

CAG30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by CAG30 on Sep 17, 10 6:49 AM
Same problem here trying to get the bone fragment! I've tried over and over and still only getting dialog. So tired of these glitches and having to redo games to get past them. It takes all the fun out of it! I'm also like many of you and don't want to repeat the game to try and make it work especially with the chance it will do the same thing again. I will email BFG for a replacement game!

pindy51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by pindy51 on Sep 17, 10 11:45 AM
You have to click on the orange bottle. Then view memory to see formula. Then click on orange bottle again. Then get the bone fragment from the kitchen storage. Put the fragment into the orange bottle. Then you have to move the piping around until all the bottles are flowing into each other.

Yea!

[Post New]by Miloma on Sep 17, 10 3:11 PM
[quote = ] catblackman he probado de esa manera , pero tuvo que reiniciar todo el juego de nuevo para tener éxito realmente en hacerlo [ / quote]

Please were is the bone every tell me what hapeng , Iam frita and not can play
what help me.

tank you

Miloma

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Sep 17, 10 8:12 PM
Miloma, when you get thru the fireplace in the banquet hall - grab the flower on the table on your way to the fireplace - you're in a dungeon area. To the right is an alchemy lab. You click on the memories tab and look at Victor's notes. Then you click on the large orange beaker in the center of the table and it tells you need a bone fragment and, in theory, adds the requirement to your task list. Go back to the kitchen storage area and on the left there's a large crack with the skeleton where, in theory, you can get the required bone.

Good luck. I've clicked on that orange beaker until I'm about to turn red. It doesn't add the bone to my task list and, so far, I've been unable to grab the needed bone. If you read the other posts, it sounds like a lot of folks had to start the entire game over with a new name to get the bone fragment part to work right. I'd have never bought the game if this problem had been posted back when.

JIMLIP
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JIMLIP on Sep 18, 10 2:00 PM
Took me 3 restarts. Very important to first time you get to the oil machine you click on large red container. That puts a line item in that says get bone fragment. Then when you go back to the corpse and talk to Isabella the bone fragment will show up in your inventory automatically. I finally just escaped the castle. Good luck.

[Post New]by flowerpower14 on Sep 18, 10 10:50 PM
Lee1966 wrote:I had the same problem. I did try under a new player name and got the bone fragment. The only thing that was different was that this time I completed the puzzle on the alchemy table. The first time I got frustrated and skipped the puzzle. That 's the only thing I could think of why I couldn't get the bone. Did anyone else skip the puzzle for the medallion?

[Post New]by flowerpower14 on Sep 18, 10 10:52 PM
I didn't skip any of the puzzles, and I still can't get the bone fragment.
Until this problem, I really liked the game....I have lost interest in it now.
This is September 18......you'd think a fix was out there by now.

JIMLIP
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JIMLIP on Sep 19, 10 8:50 AM
Fairynuff44 may have the answer. First and second time I put the six books in the bookshelf and could not get the bone fragment. Last time like Fairynuff44 I kept the six books in inventory until the end of the game and had no problem with the bone fragment. Ya'll try that and see if it works for you.....

Willieshan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Willieshan on Sep 22, 10 9:34 AM
So I have always been one of BFG's biggest supporters and have sung their praises to anyone who will listen. But I'm concerned that this is the 2nd game in a week that has a glitch, when I have been a member for well over a year with rarely a problem. What concerns me more is that in trying to find a solution to the bone fragment problem I just reviewed all the posts and see that the thread was started on Sept 2nd. Today is the 22nd, THREE weeks later, and BFG has not posted a solution to this problem?? I'm not going to start dinging BFG because they've always been very good to me, but like I said, I'm starting to get concerned....

snailysue
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by snailysue on Sep 23, 10 5:03 AM
Willieshan wrote:So I have always been one of BFG's biggest supporters and have sung their praises to anyone who will listen. But I'm concerned that this is the 2nd game in a week that has a glitch, when I have been a member for well over a year with rarely a problem. What concerns me more is that in trying to find a solution to the bone fragment problem I just reviewed all the posts and see that the thread was started on Sept 2nd. Today is the 22nd, THREE weeks later, and BFG has not posted a solution to this problem?? I'm not going to start dinging BFG because they've always been very good to me, but like I said, I'm starting to get concerned....

I completely agree. I've been with BigFish for a few years and have always been happy with their brilliant ethic and excellent customer service, but I am concerned about the lack of a fix for this one, and also the increasing number of 'Collector's Editions'. Part of the joy of BFG has been the realistic pricing, and this seems like a way of steadily charging us more for what are basically the same games but with a bonus level that's not always worth playing. I started buying the Collector's Editions because it didn't look as if the basic games were being released at a later date. If they can guarantee a chance to buy just the basic version each time I won't be buying any more of the others.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Sep 23, 10 8:34 PM
If misery really does love company, looks like we're a happy crowd. I've done everything except restart from the beginning as a new player and that darned bone just isn't getting added to the task list or coming out of the wall. I've been checking this forum to see if there'd been anything like a "fix" mentioned but no such luck. Soooo, looks like I'll just forget about it a bit longer so, when I do try again from the beginning, maybe it'll feel sort of "new." This makes #2 in that particular category or games.

[Post New]by desertyankee on Sep 26, 10 8:23 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

*SPOILER ALERT*

Have you had a chance to check the steps in the walkthrough (at the top of the Game Forum)? If not, here is what I found:

* Click on the Orange Solution (D) to trigger a new task: a bone fragment for the orange solution.
* Return to the Storage Room in the Kitchen and then click on the Mysterious Crack on the left side of the wall.

* Take the BONE FRAGMENT by clicking on the skeleton in the wall (E).

And here is a <a href="http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Escape-from-Frankensteins-Castle/escape-from-frankensteins-castle029.jpg">screenshot</a> to help as well.

Good luck!

-bfgArnoStyx

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Oct 9, 10 8:06 PM
Answer: to bone fragment.
I started over again, under a new profile. When you get to the kitchen storage after making sandwich, click on crack in wall, listen to Isab., but don`t click anything else!!Go back to apocrathy,click everything you need ( perfume,orange bottle, and Vic.`s note. Go back to Kithchen storage, click on crack in wall,Isab. will converse again, and bone will go to inventory.
I thought with all the loading.... it would take a long time ...,but didn`t,
Too bad , on first try, it didn`t call us "clicky pants", Remember Ravenhearst 2??

[Post New]by veebonair on Oct 10, 10 9:02 PM
Here it is, Oct. 11, 2010 and I can't get the bone fragment either, I just bought this last night but wish I had read this before. I too am tired of the reloads, coupled with I will probably have to start over, very frustrating.

Edited on 10/10/2010 at 9:08:07 PM PST

Go to: