auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

Re:Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold-What do you think about the game?

[Post New]by auds7466 on May 24, 09 7:28 AM
i really love this game

[Post New]by veronique875 on Jun 2, 09 12:24 PM
bootsie21 wrote:Loved the game! Have just downloaded the new build, the end of the game continually looped and I couldn`t get out of it.

The puzzles were easy, but the game is longer than some others I have played and challenging in parts. The fishing part was great.

Loved the graphics, all in all excellent.

I never figured out fishing.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Jun 12, 09 6:52 AM
I love **** games. I thought this one would be more challanging but it was very easy. I had no problem with the mini games either. Some of the objects were hard to find but all in all I thought this game was made for children. I had no problem exiting the game. The second time I played the game I finish in very short time.

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Jul 2, 09 7:40 AM
veronique875 wrote:
bootsie21 wrote:Loved the game! Have just downloaded the new build, the end of the game continually looped and I couldn`t get out of it.

The puzzles were easy, but the game is longer than some others I have played and challenging in parts. The fishing part was great.

Loved the graphics, all in all excellent.

I never figured out fishing.

You only had to work out the bait and the depth of the float according to the book and, once you tossed the line, you caught the target fish. For the mid distance fish try the longer float and if that doesn't work use the shorter float. Click on the caught fish near the hook and it ends up in the bucket.

Dooriya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dooriya on Jul 6, 09 5:06 AM
Just finished the game. I really enjoyed this game. The game is not hard, very interesting I have played for several hours. Loved the graphics, all in all excellent.

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Jul 6, 09 2:12 PM
the game is OK. the timer takes forever to reload hints and the way the objects are hidden, it is really a hidden object game. some of the objects are invisible. I would purchase it but get the walk-through first. it's on walkthrough4games web site. the game does not have the complexity that i wish it had. LM

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Jul 24, 09 3:40 PM
It's not hard: the scenes are beautiful. It's sometimes hard to make out some of the
items and the game moves slow. wish there was more sound effects

[Post New]by 30AndHolding on Sep 20, 09 2:38 PM
[i]OK, I guess I'm missing something but I don't see how the hints work!

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 14, 09 9:01 AM
This is a beautiful and well crafted game; but I found the whole hidden object wheel format after a time to be tedious and dull. I think it does add to the challenge at times, which is normally something that adds to a game for me, but not in this case. I actually uninstalled before finishing to make room for something else.

[Post New]by SandeeBeach on Nov 14, 09 9:17 AM
Great game and great deal @2.99

However, I should be called VISIONS NOT FOR OLD eyes and small laptop.

Dark and teeny tiny objects I am tired of squinting

I could have really enjoyed this except ,,,

[Post New]by sunshine_1963 on Nov 15, 09 3:20 AM
I do not like finding objects blind - this is tiresome and is just a clickfest - not sure who this game is aimed at but not for me

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 15, 09 9:57 AM
This is a good game, though not a great game, and definitively not the second best adventure game of 2008.

What makes it only good? Well, I can swallow the story line (doesn't anybody bother about the kids?) with the pirates, the ghost and the treasure, and even the fisherman who just lets children travel down a river unguarded. I liked most puzzles, save for one I did not get and one that I had to work out trial and erroring.

But what i can't swallow is objects that are about the size of 10 pixels. Some items are light brown on a dark gray background, making them effectively invisible. Even a big steering wheel was hidden behind a pillar on black background, and you could only see about 1/16th of the item. Also, what's the deal with having to hoover around the screen in hope of finding the next item you have to manipulate?

Bottom Line: Get it for 3 bucks in another daily deal, otherwise it's overpaid.

[Post New]by Nekhro on Nov 26, 09 2:19 AM
Must say that Treasure Seekers is my favorite type of adventure game. Great graphics and storyline. Overall good one!

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Apr 3, 10 2:41 AM
Life's too short to search for tiny objects in the shadows of dark rooms.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 3, 10 9:12 AM
Looks like one of those Love it or Hate it. I'm in the Hate it group.
When I find more objects by random clicking than I do otherwise,
not for me. Brown on brown just becomes work. For those who
Love it, enjoy

Edited, 'cause I forgot to say I did buy TS Enchanted Canvases and
am enjoying that one.

What I do Love is Big Fish. Something for every taste

Edited on 04/03/2010 at 12:24:45 PM PST

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 3, 10 9:49 AM
Hi,

I played the demos of the two Treasure Seekers and they were on my not-to-buy list. However I got this one for free from Big Fish (public coupon) in January and decided to buy the Enchanted Canvases for $2.99 last month.

So three bucks for two games I will not complain.

I have not played them yet but as I said, I had decided not to buy them.

Have a beautiful day fishies.

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Apr 3, 10 2:46 PM
Thanks everybody youve help me make up my mind. Even though its cheap being the DD I agree with Mistickle lifes too short for looking fofr tiny objects, thats not relaxing at all.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 3, 10 3:04 PM
As a Daily Deal, it's fine.

But having to mouse around to find the active objects that open a search wheel is not something I enjoy much, and then you only have a handful of objects to search for before having to mouse around again for the next active object.

So few objects to search for at a time felt frustrating, and I felt like I was using 1 hint for every 4 objects. I've only played it for a couple hours though, so maybe I will get aclimated eventually... don't know that yet.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Apr 3, 10 5:13 PM
Last night I demoed this game for 45 minutes. I found it a very frustrating game because sometimes I could NOT get the "Wheel with the Silhouettes". I found many of the objects, but without that wheel the objects go back to their original place. Unless there is an easy way to ACTIVATE that wheel, I will not be buying this game, even for $2.99. So far

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Apr 4, 10 8:58 AM
I bought this as a DD because I had bought the other two Treasure Seekers and enjoyed playing them. This one is pretty much the same only much slower. If you want to skip a puzzle you can wait up to 10 minutes for the skip button to activate. Artogon has greatly improved developing Treasure Seekers. This one I believe is the first one they did so it is to be expected it has some annoyances. Overall, it was worth the $2.99.

Go to: