Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Youda Survivor

[Post New]by crissimorris on Sep 15, 10 10:18 PM
Cute game A lot like Farm Frenzy, but I think I like this one a little better. Fairly challenging, at least for me. Had to restart a couple levels to get done within the gold time.

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Sep 21, 10 9:29 PM
Completed with All gold... Last 2 levels are Very very hard. had to play many times to get gold.

[Post New]by Britt_39 on Sep 21, 10 9:33 PM
Just took a look at the Video! Looks like a good game to buy, Will have to do some persuading to be allowed to buy this.

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Sep 29, 10 1:48 AM
I'm enjoying the game so far. Finding the levels difficult but not so difficult that I can't complete them. I think that fighting the pirates adds to the game because although it uses energy it gives some good rewards. However I don't like that you don't keep machine upgrades and recipes from the previous levels.

[Post New]by ms_goodwench on Sep 29, 10 8:14 AM
I love it! Those pirates are hilarious - even though they can be aggravating.

I did find a glitch - some of the items "dropped" by the pirates on some levels of play cannot be used. You can "click to pick it up" a hundred times and it just sits there, stuck in place. Seems to occur a lot when the Parrots happen to get whacked by a pirate and I click on the pirate at the same time. The hogs can get frozen on top of the equipment when running from the pirates. Then you have to start that level over again, since you can't see the machine to add and remove products.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 8:15:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Dancingcrone on Sep 29, 10 1:30 PM
Just tried the demo and - well, rather dull. Dig holes, collect eggs, fight a pirate - and boiled eggs - why? Much better TM games out there, won't be buying.

GranDash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by GranDash on Oct 1, 10 7:57 AM
I am a serious TM player and find this one is the worst for RSI as it is constant clicking. This is also the only game I've played where the screen freezes up for a while (trying to catch up with all the clicking). Having said that, it is still enjoyable to play (in small bursts at a time) and has loads & loads of levels. The golds are not easy to achieve so it is a challenging game but also frustrating at the same time because of the clicking.

[Post New]by Barbandsage on Oct 11, 10 5:36 PM
I have enjoyed playng this game. The graphics are good. It keeps my mind alert. I am aiming for the gold on all levels. So far, so good. I sometimes go back to earn a gold from and silver or a bronze. Thanl you BFG

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 12, 10 1:22 AM
I'm not all that impressed with this game. Plays alot like Farm Frenzy but not as fun.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Oct 12, 10 2:00 AM
Welcome to the pond Twig.

Why don't you try tech support that is the green envelope on the right side of the screen, they will do everything they can to help you. Good Luck I hope you get your problem solved quickly.

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Oct 12, 10 11:41 AM
I love this game. I am really glad we do not have a time limit to finish a level, otherwise I would be stuck at the beginning levels. Youda Survivor keeps one on his/her toes

[Post New]by midnightrizer on Oct 18, 10 9:16 AM
ms_goodwench wrote:I love it! Those pirates are hilarious - even though they can be aggravating.

I did find a glitch - some of the items "dropped" by the pirates on some levels of play cannot be used. You can "click to pick it up" a hundred times and it just sits there, stuck in place. its not a Glitch it means your storage is full

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 9:17:17 AM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Oct 30, 10 10:03 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I love the graphics and the game play is reminiscent of Farm Frenzy. I was only waiting for a sale to buy it. Thank you for the SPOOKY sale. This game is now mine!

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Nov 7, 10 6:26 AM
My first "youda game", and while I like to have at least one (non hog or ihog - I do not like those) game that is on-going and where I can progress (albeit) slowly, but surely, however, this game is far too difficult for me - not even playing levels for more money in order to upgrade items or upgrade levels seem to make no difference.

I did the demo, and bought the game - but think I will have to call this a 3 out of 10.

I probably do not really "get " the youda-theme - so please feel free to take this comment with a grain of salt.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Dec 18, 10 11:19 AM
I absolutely love this game. Came here to post that, for me, replayability is at an all time high. I got Youda Survivor a few months ago and I keep replaying it under new user names. Five times now!

Some of the posts above have me confused, so here is my humble game review. This is a pure time managment game. You dig watering holes to attract animals. You feed the animals, collect eggs, meat, coconuts and use machines to produce more valuable products. Your cook converts product into potions, which you pick up for extra money that you can spend on that level only (to buy/upgrade machines).

Someone above posted that you could play in untimed mode, but I couldn't find it. You can take as long as you like to finish a level. If you complete the assigned tasks in a certain amount of time, you get a gold star and so many points (dollars) that you can spend in the 'store' to buy new machines/upgrades. For silver, you get fewer points. Etc.

Someone above posted that you could cheat by playing a few levels over again to get more points to buy more upgrades, which do provide an advantage in the game. I don't see how this is cheating. I just seems like good sense to me, especially since you have to buy certain upgrades to play certain levels. So find a level you like and play it an extra time or two.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Dec 18, 10 11:28 AM
The game is loooong. There are a lot of levels and things get progressively harder as you go along. The levels are, unfortunately, not numbered in a useful way so you can't ask for help on level 21a. Bummer.

The games does get more and more involved. You have to send the Diver underwater to collect food for the birds/pigs/tapirs. And, you have to instruct your cook.

You have to stop the following: Pirates that attack and scare the animals away and steal you stuff. Lobsters that sneak around taking your stuff. Vulture that fly by scaring the animals and after a certain level the pirates an vultures are carrying bombs.

And stay hydrated and meet your goals.

There is a lot of variation that keeps it interesting. Some levels--lots of pirates. Others have no pirates but lots of lobsters, for example.

The higher levels can really be frenetic with A LOT going on. If you want a gold star, you are going to habve to work for it.

[Post New]by ataraxic on Mar 4, 11 10:02 AM
Great game! Same idea as the Farm Frenzy series, but with some fun and interesting differences. I bought it, and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It was also quite challenging after the initial levels, especially towards the last half, when game play changes to "Siege" mode, which was a little like endless mode in Farm Frenzy, only with a timer. You definitely needed a specific strategy to finish the levels in gold time. I would recommend this game for those who like Time Management and Strategy games.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Mar 10, 11 4:19 PM
This game is a good game filled with many levels. Sometimes the game can be hard. You have to make sure you have enough heart and make sure you don't die from dehydration. It was an enjoyable couple days playing this game. I played it because Youda Survivor 2 is supposed to be released soon.

[Post New]by LuckyEmma on Jun 16, 11 1:30 PM
I am somewhat of a fan of youda games. They tend not to be the best games, but you know that you are getting a lot of game play for your money.
That is no different with Youda Survivor. The game is nice and long, and very long to people like me that like to get expert/gold on every level, haha. Hoenestly, I didn't finish this game because i was getting frustrated with not being able to achieve gold and had to replay levels in order to get it. Yet, I still like the game.
A small opinion: I wish I was able to choose my gender, rather than be this skinny weird looking guy.
I don't know what else to say...except that it's a game worth it if you like farming games like FarmFrenzy, but want something other than farming. The concept for Youda Survivor is refreshing.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Jul 27, 12 12:16 PM
I have to be honest, I got bored after about ten levels of digging holes, collecting eggs, boiling eggs, collecting shrimp, fighting pirates, stewing recipes... It doesn't have enough variety in the tasking for me, it's all just increasingly frantic clicking and (let's be honest) very little strategy - you can win every level if you can click fast enough, but if you can't (I have arthritic hands) then no amount of thought will get you through. I prefer Roads to Rome, Chocolatier, or the Virtual Villagers games.

Go to: