Re:Welcome to Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison forum

[Post New]by FunFamily4 on Jan 20, 11 8:33 AM
Help me please! I'm stuck in the riddle on the box in the laboratory! How can I solve it? I tried for over an hour!!! Thank you for your help!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 20, 11 8:44 AM
FunFamily4 wrote:Help me please! I'm stuck in the riddle on the box in the laboratory! How can I solve it? I tried for over an hour!!! Thank you for your help!

Hi FunFamily,
Do you mean the box with arrows on it?
The thread "triangle keys on keyboard" further down the page gives a lot of helpful info. That's what I read to get me through it.

If this isn't what you need or doesn't help you, post under the appropriate topic or start a new one. This thread for comments is usually not one where people look when they are trying to help others. I just happened upon it by chance.

m

[Post New]by FunFamily4 on Jan 20, 11 8:57 AM
Thank you so much! I've had a look for this thread - and finally made it! Thank you! This game won't let me go...

8dognight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 8dognight on Jan 30, 11 11:00 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post how much I enjoyed this game: great graphics, puzzles, exploration. Trying to use objects, notably the red rag, in the wrong places produced amusing comments. The story held up with almost no voice over, and the limitation of voice over to ominous remarks from the witch worked well.

This is a wonderful game that I missed when it was released, and I am looking forward to a sequel. The great thing about game sequels is that they are usually even better than the original.

I wind up playing some IHOGs because I can't find more games like this one. The HOG parody screen in Witch's Prison made me laugh. Searching for objects is dull. Witch's Prison is a step toward more adventure lite gaming.

Jo_la
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Jo_la on Feb 4, 11 8:40 AM
I like this game.

But, I have to find the DNA for the analysis that will open the box./ je dois trouver le sang qui avec le code secret me permettra d'ouvrir le coffre.

It seem I have all I need and I do not know where to go./ Il semble que j'ai tout ce qu'il me faut, sauf le sang, et je ne sais plus où aller.

I am stoked in those cemetery with no escape./ Je suis prisonnier dans les 3 cimetières, la vieille chapelle et la crypte.

Tanks for the help./ Merci de m'aider.
Jo_la

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 4, 11 10:39 PM
I answered your other request already.

Hi Jo_la,
The blood is in the chapel (old wooden building) in the cemetery. Did you find the sun that goes on the door to start the puzzle to get it open? That is gotten from the angel, I think, in the crypt after you get all the names correct.
m

You need to get the middle initials correct on the crypts in the mausoleum. Then the angel opens her box and you get a sun to put in the door of the old wood chapel. Inside the chapel are the things you need to continue.

[Post New]by onlineshopinmama on Feb 5, 11 2:38 PM
stuck in hallway outside the bird office and bedroom study. Need to solve puzzle on door with tiles but cannot get back to that door!

HELP

[Post New]by lajudy on Feb 7, 11 8:31 PM
In the lab on the puzzle with the arrows. As I hit each square in the direction it sends me I come to the green middle button before 3 other squares! not the first glitch I have had in the game. frustration

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 7, 11 9:18 PM
Hi all,
@lajudy -- If I remember right, you need to make sure the path you chose covers all the squares.

@onlineshopinmama -- I don't really understand why you can't get back to that door.

Have you both checked out the Walkthrough for this game. It will tell you how to do all the puzzles and to get around. It is in the yellow topics at the top of the page. Click on that topic and follow directions. Find the place you are at in the game and it should help you out. I played this game too long ago to remember all the details.
m

[Post New]by atan34 on Feb 17, 11 10:50 PM
I'm stuck at 'trial has expired'. I've read the 2 memos but I can't get out.

mrwritesf
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mrwritesf on Feb 21, 11 12:18 PM
i am stuck. i need the last coin. it tells me that i amy have forgotten something by the fountain. when i go there, it tells me to go to the front door. when i go there, it tells me to go to the fountain. PLEASE HELP!! aaarrrggghh!

Help!!! I'm stuck at finding the 4th coin in the Asylum!! Clicked everthing but still couldn't find!! And the "hint" takes me nowhere

Yeah...this hint system isn't very helpful. It tells the user to go to the fountain, but that's not where you'll find the last coin. Without giving too much away (at least for now):

--In the lobby area, re-read the text about the witch who wouldn't burn
--In the left-hand room off the lobby area, there's an unsolved puzzle
--These 2 items should help you find Coin #3.

mrwritesf
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mrwritesf on Feb 21, 11 12:29 PM
In the lab on the puzzle with the arrows. As I hit each square in the direction it sends me I come to the green middle button before 3 other squares! not the first glitch I have had in the game. frustration

Not sure why the puzzle doesn't reset itself, but perhaps the following helps:

1. If you don't know already, direction isn't the only important factor in solving this; you need to count too.
2. If you are already counting, then perhaps you started in the wrong place.

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Mar 28, 11 6:11 PM
I am having trouble locating the 4th coin??? # 4... any help??

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Mar 28, 11 7:05 PM
There is a walkthrough for this.

Go to the Home page. Click on Blog. Click on Walkthroughs. The walkthroughs are in alphabetical prder

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 6, 11 10:03 PM
I'm enjoying both the game play and the sly humor in this game. I'm playing it without the tutorial and I'm managing to figure out what I should be doing. I'm just turning to the Walkthrough for the first time tonight re the directional puzzle that's on the shelving in the laboratory.

I loved the parody of HOG games. I took the worm and held it up against the saw blade and the game's comment was "Sicko!". The comment that popped up when I clicked on one of the shrubs sounded like something Roger the Shrubber would have said in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Glad I got this game.

I am noticing that at times my cursor is a bit sluggish at times, but I'm also hearing my laptop fan kick on when that happens. I'm thinking that the game is spiking the CPU. I've already shut down my antispyware programs and put my AV on quiet mode, but maybe I'll just disconnect from the internet when next I play it, in case some component is calling home when this game is running and is interfering with the process.

Welcome to Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison forum

[Post New]by Callneb on Apr 28, 11 10:00 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by Callneb on Apr 28, 11 10:06 AM
How can I retrieve a lost frog?
Glass jars were superimposed in inventory. I tried to get to the empty one but was only able to access the full one. Finally put the full one in one of the frogs' mouths, but then the empty one was gone from my inventory, and one of the frogs had an empty mouth. I went back to the scene where I got the jars in the first place, & both spots were empty. So now I'm missing one of the jars. How can I fill it and get it back & place it in the mouth of the other frog?

[Post New]by GrammyLori on May 30, 11 5:31 AM
Can someone help me please? I am stuck with the lion's head and the hanger. It shows to use at the top of the wall, but hint shows using the hanger to unclog the lions head. It wont do anything. Stuck!

[Post New]by blackelephant on Jul 11, 11 5:42 PM
I am so angry, I am deleting this game. I never got past the digging of the grave, I was having trouble with my cursor floating everywhere. Trying to control it at this point was impossible. What a rip-off. I don't want to be a member as I don't play that often.
I don't mind paying full price for the few games i do buy, BUT I want them to work properly!!!!!!

[Post New]by yourtinybell777 on Jul 24, 11 12:34 AM
i just finished the game and i love it!!! i was curious to know if anyone knows when the next one will be coming out? i mean after watching the end; its quiet obvious that there will be more. is there a release date yet?

Go to: