Problems with cursor

thika7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Problems with cursor

[Post New]by thika7777 on Sep 5, 10 8:22 AM
Pleasantly surprised that I am not having a cursor problem.

suehorse
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by suehorse on Sep 5, 10 8:24 AM
My problem with the cursor isn't only when I try to pick something up I also have a hard time just getting to look at something because it is so jumpy. I would like to buy this game but not until it is fixed.

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Sep 5, 10 8:29 AM
I have also had problems with the cursor. I was unable to pick up, move or use items accurately in the inventory. The cursor was slow and jerky. Even removing the custom cursor made no difference. I managed to dust just about everything except what I wanted to. It is a real shame because this looks to be a promising game. I may have considered buying it, especially as the $4.99 sale is still on. Instead I had to give up after only 9 minutes as it was impossible to play.
If the glitches are sorted out I would give it another go.

diwlaw
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by diwlaw on Sep 5, 10 8:32 AM
I too am having problems with the cursor. I have turned off the custom cursor but it hasn't helped. Looks like the kind of game I would like, BF let me know when this issue is resolved.

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 5, 10 8:35 AM
looks like a good game
but completly useless with the cursor prob
wont be buying

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Sep 5, 10 8:50 AM
thika7777 wrote:Pleasantly surprised that I am not having a cursor problem.

Me too, I am glad I did not assume that I would have a cursor problem and tried it out on my system. I am enjoying the demo and will be buying the game.

[Post New]by Happy_Gardener on Sep 5, 10 9:36 AM
I had the same problems with the cursor that everyone else has mentioned. Tried turning off custom cursor, with no positive result. I, too, would have purchased this game from the view of the walkthrough. I like games like this, however, this problem creates too much annoyance for an activity I am doing for enjoyment. I hope the problem gets resolved SOON! Will not buy, as is!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 5, 10 9:46 AM
Catghost wrote:For those with cursorproblems: did you try and adjust the cursorsettings in Configuration? I've got mine set to fast and all the other things turned off (like pointers etc.) I have never had cursor-issues (that needed to be mentioned )
Hope this helps.

Posted in another thread too

THANK YOU CATGHOST

Having already turned the custom cursor off (see my comments at the top of the page) and experienced a slight improvement I followed Catghost's suggestion and altered my mouse configuration and the GAME IS NOW PLAYABLE ... not perfect but enough of an improvement to be PLAYABLE and so I am now going to buy it.

C

[Post New]by teacher123abc on Sep 5, 10 9:47 AM
When I turned off the custom cursor it worked great for about two minutes but now it won't let me pick up anything. Aren't they supposed to test these games before selling them? I really want to buy this game but I will wait till this issue is fixed.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 5, 10 9:54 AM
Just bought this and loving it. No problems with the cursor (using Vista) but I always turn off custom cursors where possible. Really enjoyable game!

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Sep 5, 10 10:19 AM
I am having major problem with the cursor. I will not buy the game until it is workrd out.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Sep 5, 10 10:29 AM
Yep me too Wanted to buy but unless the problems with the cursor is sorted it is a no go for me.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Sep 5, 10 11:27 AM
I can't get into the game to enjoy it, because I was so frustrated struggling for the first 5 minutes, with the cursor. It's jumping, and glitching all around. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it to see if that would work. I've changed my cursor speed, and that only helped enough to continue struggling through the demo for a few more minutes. I stopped playing with about 30 minutes left on my demo. The game really looks interesting enough to buy, but not like this. please fix the problem, or it's a NO buy for me too.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 12:03:38 PM PST

nandog
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nandog on Sep 5, 10 11:31 AM
3rd. time i installed game. Slow but played demo. I first removed Adobe flash player, from my comp. . Maybe this will also help some else.

Kowgirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Kowgirl on Sep 5, 10 2:51 PM
Well, hec, I feel like an idiot....the cursor is just HORRIBLE, turned off the custom cursor and doesn't help much. I, unfortunately bought the game before trying it, something I rarer, if ever, do, so I'm stuck with a game with a cursor stuck on herky jerky and completely frustrating. Will try trashing and reloading, not holding out much hope. What a disappointment. Is there going to be a fix to this problem????

[Post New]by 50dartplayer on Sep 5, 10 3:07 PM
Please fix this problem. Cursor will not pick up the items. Very annoying.

[Post New]by corijo on Sep 5, 10 3:13 PM
I'm new to the forums. Can anyone tell me if these kinds of problems are usually fixed by Bigfish? My cursors also don't work in the inventory.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Sep 5, 10 4:10 PM
Same problem as everyone else. This really looks like a good game. I was hoping to purchase with the ENDLESS deal. I hope that get a fix by tomorrow --

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 5, 10 4:54 PM
MaryLiLamb wrote:
thika7777 wrote:Pleasantly surprised that I am not having a cursor problem.

Me too, I am glad I did not assume that I would have a cursor problem and tried it out on my system. I am enjoying the demo and will be buying the game.

I'm so glad, no problems here either. Enjoying the game, the only
annoying thing I find which is minor is she tells you what you just did,
rather redundant. I like her comment about the fish over the door

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 5, 10 5:53 PM
Guess I'm not alone; trouble with the cursor, even after turning off the custom one. I did like that it gave the opton of brightness. Might try on my other computer, but doesn't look good at the moment. What's up with all the asylum games suddenly?

Go to: