LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 5, 10 11:30 AM
Game play "herky jerky" and lags for me, just as it was for Secrets of the Dragon's Wheel, even without the custom cursor. That issue was never resolved, even with no DirectX problems and latest graphics card drivers. Dr. Felix showed no problems, and with no further word from the devs, I have to assume those of us having problems have incompatible graphics cards.

Too bad. I would have purchased this one.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 11:39:34 AM PST

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Sep 5, 10 11:31 AM
Bouncing curser. Wanted to buy with weekend sale, but not with problems.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 5, 10 11:35 AM
I'm having cursor problems with this game also. (And I'm using the regular cursor NOT the custom cursor.) Just updated my video card driver and DirectX a week or two ago, so that shouldn't be the issue. When trying to move objects from Inventory to where they need to be used, the lag time is so slow that it is almost impossible to do what needs to be done. I've wasted almost 15 minutes of my Demo time just trying to do tasks outside the gate so I can get inside and see if I like this game enough to buy it. In that event, I had HOPED to get it at the sale price, but I doubt that Customer Service will be able to get back to me in time for that.

Is BFG planning a "game update" since so many are experiencing this problem? I surely hope so.

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by katamoxie on Sep 5, 10 11:39 AM
Also having the dreaded cursor issue - video driver & DirectX are up to date. From what I saw, this game looks like it's just my type, too. Darn.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Sep 5, 10 11:40 AM
Problems with the cursor and the slow reaction to commands. Can't pick up objects or replace them in inventory without much placing and replacing. I've wasted the majority of the Try It game playing with the cursor and not enjoying the game. I think I would like the game if the tech issues were resolved. I won't buy a game with tech issues or if I have to call for tech support all the time. It's just not worth the time or money. When you get it fixed let me know as I might consider buying it....but I won't buy it without trying it again and thats impossible.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Sep 5, 10 11:40 AM
I didn't get past the first inventory item...Can't get the cursor to pick up the rag or the ladder...Tried both cursors no luck...Hope we get an update..I have a new graphics card and have recently updated drivers...With so many people having the same problem,there must be a glitch in the game...

[Post New]by ScrapppingALL on Sep 5, 10 11:53 AM
Jumpy cursor problem just like everybody else. Seems like it would be a fun game, but definitely need to make changes. Very frustrating.

dizzypd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dizzypd on Sep 5, 10 11:57 AM
what a pity its looks a good game but i have the cursor problem its the second game iv tried this week with this prob very dissapointing if you correct prob post it please so we can play it

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 5, 10 12:08 PM
Just like everyone else, I too have a problem picking up inventory items with the cursor. I uninstalled the game. I will buy it when it gets fixed. What I did play of it, I loved. I can't believe we all have a problem, with our so called video card. My computer is brand new. The game has a glich. Until BFG fixes it, the problem will remain.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 12:28:38 PM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 5, 10 12:19 PM
Used reg. cursor but the game is so slow and jumpy and it loses so much without music. Dev., work on this puppy if you want people to buy it! Pretty cheesy as is.

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Sep 5, 10 12:35 PM
Played for about 10 minutes and it seems to be my type of game. I also wanted to buy it with the weekend sale, but not as long as there are problems with it. I'm having the same problem with the cursor too. Very frustrating!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 5, 10 12:35 PM
I just started playing the demo and here goes my list of problems!! Custom cursor doesn't work right (regular cursor is ok), Items more VERY slowly to inventory and then when I want to use them, I can't pick them up. This kind of c--- makes me very angry and frustrated. Might be a good game, who can tell???? Would have been a great buy for the specials weekend.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 12:37:14 PM PST

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Sep 5, 10 12:51 PM
Just to add my two cents - cursor jumpy, changed to regular cursor, same problem. Items from inventory come out and jump all over the screen as does the directions i.e. "go back" when I haven't even gone anywhere.

Elsa1997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Elsa1997 on Sep 5, 10 1:03 PM
I, too, have the cursor problem. Send a message to the technical support people and they will probably issue you a coupon to download the update. I hope it's soon. I plan to purchase it. If it works correctly, it looks like my kind of game.

rubywilms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rubywilms on Sep 5, 10 1:11 PM
having the same////////// problem as everyone else. let me know when the cursor ,jumping, doing nothing problem is solved. for now i will delete it. this is the worst problem i have ever had with big fish games

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Sep 5, 10 1:19 PM
Cursor problem as well... to me it's pretty obvious that when you have three pages of complaints and multiple other threads about the cursor problems less than a day after releasing a game, it's the game, not the users' computers.

Just to be 100% sure, I updated DirectX and my graphics driver. Didn't help. I tried playing without the custom cursor. I tried playing in full screen vs. wide screen. No matter what I tried, the cursor lags and jumps, particularly when zooming in on interactive screens or when accessing the inventory.

I'm hoping BF will address this and the game creator will come out with some sort of patch or updated version. Otherwise I have no problems asking for a credit refund. But I'm disappointed nonetheless.

(Running on Windows XP Pro, 2.80GHz CPU, 2.5 GB RAM, Direct X 9.0c with NVIDIA 8400 GS graphics card... all well above minimum requirements.)

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Sep 5, 10 1:23 PM
It is remember me the Sherlock Holmes's games . With the menu it was possible to unselected some options but with this game, there are no options to help us.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Sep 5, 10 1:36 PM
Just finished 37 minutes of the demo and spent it trying to pick up things. I tried both cursors and the custom one was floaty and once I got it to stop on the item, I could pick up the item. If I switched to the regular cursor I had to keep trying over and over to pick up the item. Looks really good though, would love to buy on the sale.

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Sep 5, 10 1:37 PM
Will the cursor issue be resolved before the $4.99 sale expires?

cheyenne96
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by cheyenne96 on Sep 5, 10 1:39 PM
Same as everyone cursor really making me mad please fix

Go to: