pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dominic Crane 2: Dark Mystery Revealed

[Post New]by pungstress on Sep 6, 10 11:49 AM
Played the whole demo hour and then bought it; don't know if I would have done so without the weekend discount. I remembered enjoying the first one; this one is more of the same. HOG only in part; it's mostly a logic/puzzle adventure game and the puzzles are very challenging, mostly because there's no prompt to tell you what you need to do. You need to figure it out for yourself but after the first few I started noticing there are clues before you reach the puzzles, you just have to recognize them for what they are. Good graphics, inobtrusive sound. As an aside, I'm looking forward to a new good straight HOG *soon*!

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Sep 6, 10 11:56 AM
I agree with Maclin....No buy for me either.Don't understand this game at all....

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Sep 6, 10 12:13 PM
After about twenty minutes bouncing from one room to the next, I stopped and deleted it. The first Dominic wasn't all that great either and I did not buy that one as well. I thought the music dull and the graphics weren't much better. Guess I'll save my money for ones I enjoy.
But we all can't like the same thing all the time. So if it's your cup of tea, have a good time with it!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 6, 10 12:19 PM
I liked this game as I did the first Dominic Crane. The graphics were fine for me, music a little different and repetative but who cares, I have a volume button. Every puzzle had logic to it which I appreciate. No problems running game, cursor, changing scenes, etc. The only downside to this one for me was the length. I played the hour demo and used 2 hints and got over halfway according to walkthrough. I'm on a budget right now so won't be buying unless it's a DD later on. Good game though IMO and if I had extra I'd get it.

[Post New]by browneyesnsc on Sep 6, 10 1:06 PM
This game is not for me. I think I lasted 15 minutes before deleting.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Sep 6, 10 1:11 PM
MMMMM.....it is vague without a doubt. I needed the walkthrough to get instuctions on some of the minigames. I like a challenge, don't need handholding, but this game is just lacking in instructions. Hints are somewhat helpful. dden objects listed 3 at a time, Interactive aspects varies from too easy to huh?? Not the worst game, not the best. Graphics a re clear and bright. Would like to know what these item are that end up in the inventory. Story is not skippable, minis are. Only as a DD.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 6, 10 1:33 PM
Its an okay hog for me.
Pros: - Graphic is okay, but not special
- You can search and figure out things on your own
Contras: - Uninteresting story
- Hintbutton takes very long to reload, thats annoying
- You can see only three items in the hog-scenes at one time
- Easy minigames
Will I buy it? Only if I need another game for a punchcard.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Sep 6, 10 2:58 PM
I like this game as it is different from most **** games. I had no trouble firguring out that where there was one portrait you needed another but I did have to use the walkthrough a couple of times--and then slapped myself for missing something so simple! The graphics are nice and clear and I got a howl out of the solution for the lion. if you just remmber that you are not given an object unless you need to use it, then the question becomes where to use it. There's limited areas sooo just keep trying. its a buy for me --especially at the bargain price this weekend.

2thick4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by 2thick4u on Sep 6, 10 3:12 PM
Well this one is a buy for me. I enjoyed the first game and since I move along kinda slow I usally take a little longer than most of you. The graphics are fine especially since it is supposed to be a dream being relived.

I like that you travel from spot to spot and have to thing on your own. Since I can't usually figure alot of the games out and have to use the walkthrough it's kinda nice to have one I can actually figure out

So for me I will buy this one and enjoy the last day of the sale. I still haven't gotten me free punch from last month but from the looks of things I will have plenty to buy before the month is out.

Happy gaming!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 6, 10 3:23 PM
I just bought the game. Although the HOs are pretty easy to find, I like the fact that there are no directions - you are really left on your own to figure out what to do next (unless you resort to the Walkthrough, which I admit I did once!). You get the objects in your inventory, and then need to find out how to use them. It makes it much more interesting than having every move spelled out for you. In the 1 hour demo, I found 2 scrolls (there are 8) , so the length is pretty good, especially at the Endless price. I definitely recommend this game.

jma0909
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jma0909 on Sep 6, 10 4:11 PM
Like several others, I would like this game if I knew a little more what to do. No instructions for mini games is frustrating. Why buy a game if you have to skip half of it. I can usually figure out mini games if I know what the goal is. Was hoping for another good one on discount weekend

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Sep 6, 10 4:20 PM
I ended up buying this game, and once I figured out the hint system, I enjoyed it a lot. I did avail myself of the walkthrough a few times, I admit, but for the price of a magazine, I had an enjoyable afternoon. I give it a 6 out of 10 rating.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 6, 10 5:10 PM
Undecided, have to use the hints a lot and I wish there were directions for the minigames, I'm downloading the demo for the first one to see if I like it. At least there are no demons and gore in this one, kinda getting tired of them

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 5:12:09 PM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Sep 6, 10 5:50 PM
I was in the middle of finding the 4th scroll when the demo ended, so I think the game will be too short for me, like the 1st one was (I had one more key to find when that demo ended). I do like the game mechanics, but the graphics are far too grainy to enjoy.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Sep 6, 10 6:00 PM
I've changed my mind, I'm going to buy it after all! It's longer than the 1st one, at any rate.
I did have to skip the teeth puzzle as I can never do those (the same type was in another game, think it was Unicorn Castle, and I had to skip that also). But I've looked up the solution for next time.

joyamlf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by joyamlf on Sep 6, 10 6:45 PM
A horrible game!

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Sep 6, 10 7:11 PM
The worst part of this game is that there is no SAVE when you exit! I left to look at the Walkthru, since I had no rat to give the cheese to. When I went back in to the preview, it started me all over again, including adding my name as if I had never been there!

Definitely a no buy for me!

[Post New]by TX_Teddybear on Sep 6, 10 7:54 PM
Didnt make it 15 mins, this game is awful from graphics, story line, to all out boring, no dialoge, you have no idea where or what to do.... not worth the time!

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Sep 6, 10 8:22 PM
Sad! Pitiful! Was really disappointed, was not well thought out, kinda boring to be honest, the games didnt have ANY instructions on how to do the games, not that I mind a challenge, but if I CAN'T figure it out, I like some directions, I rate this game POOR

Nice Puzzle game

[Post New]by destinytd on Sep 7, 10 2:22 AM
The graphics are clear, very clear, the movement is smooth, the music is ok, the story is boring but the puzzles are fun and you actually need to think about what to do with noone holding your hand. I bought it. give a 4 star so far. I think people who like to figure things out hunt for objects and not have them tell you exactly what needs to be done, but have to think your way through will like this game.

Go to: