Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 13, 10 7:35 PM
minipoo2 wrote:Could you Please help me 'whack the wolves'? I have Windows 7 and can't even get to the program files to change anything.

Sorry I can't help you with Windows 7. You will have to ask someone who has Windows 7. I only have Windows XP.

maggieB95
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by maggieB95 on Sep 13, 10 7:39 PM
Really appreciate this fun little "adjustment" to the game!

I have my little guys running at 25 and it is working quite well!

Thank you for sharing and explaining!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 13, 10 7:43 PM
kelvy0303 wrote:But may I ask? What is spawn/respawn?

That's the frequency of the Bats, Tornados, and Storm Clouds, which are produced during Gameplay.

[Post New]by dove_of_serenity on Sep 14, 10 8:04 AM
Bows down to Your Highness Cherubabies

With your help, I finished it today; in ALL GOLD. tytytyty.

pinkorbit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pinkorbit on Sep 14, 10 12:00 PM
pfalcioni wrote:If you are unable to save after editing, you will need to change the permissions for the entire file. Be sure you're logged in as adminstrator, then go to the "data" file, right click on "levels" file, select Properties, the Security tab, in the top box choose Users, below that choose Edit, then in the bottom box, put a check mark next to each of the permissions. Save and close out of this, then go back and try modifying the file in Notepad again, it should work.

this did it! thanks to cherubabies as well...i spent days trying to get gold on level 2.5, and it didnt happen. normally, i don't like to use cheats, but girlfriend's going to town now, lol!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 14, 10 12:10 PM
Cherubabies wrote:OK there is a way to change the format of this game so it plays the way YOU want.

Using Windows XP -

Go to -
C:\Program Files\My Kingdom for the Princess II\data\levels
Within "levels" find the files with the extension .dsc
Open it with Notepad
Then change whatever you want on that level
Close Notepad and it will ask you to Save Changes or not.
Click YES, Save Changes.

For example: Change your deadline to 2000 to give yourself plenty of time to finish! Change the number of Wolfs attacking you to 1, for those who cannot pass the wacking levels.

Cool hey? No need to thank me!

I absolutely thank you!!!!

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Sep 14, 10 5:31 PM
I thought I saw this answered already, but either I'm really tired , brain dead or going blind, but do these changes we make to the level stay there or do they go back to what they were if we play again. Assuming another profile, starting from scratch, that is.

[Post New]by dove_of_serenity on Sep 14, 10 6:06 PM
kelvy0303 wrote:I thought I saw this answered already, but either I'm really tired , brain dead or going blind, but do these changes we make to the level stay there or do they go back to what they were if we play again. Assuming another profile, starting from scratch, that is.

They stay there through different profiles. But if you need to redownload the game for some reason, the original numbers will be what gets redownloaded.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 14, 10 7:20 PM
I'm really glad I could help out. I know how frustrating this Game was, some levels were just way too hard!

And to those who say: I will never use the Cheat Sheet, to them I say: You'll be Back! (said with the famous Arnold Schwarzenegger accent).

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Sep 15, 10 5:35 PM
Thanks dove. Cherubabies, thanks for letting us in on this. I still prefer finding tips on gameplay, and they usually work for me. But when they don't, nice to know about another alternative. So far, I've only adjusted time and it's worked well for me.

I was so excited with getting this sequel, but tm's are not my strong point. This one, imo, is much harder than the first. But love it.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 15, 10 8:36 PM

nelly153
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by nelly153 on Sep 16, 10 6:04 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had two wacking levels and level 4.10 to go to get all gold - I hate the wacking levels so I made these stupidly easy just to avoid playing them but to register gold. With the 4.10 I was always only a couple of flowers short of gold so only made minor changes, like speeding up the men slightly and increasing the amount I could store to 25 instead of 20. This was sufficient to help me get gold.

Can I suggest to anyone using Vista and having problems follow the instructions given earlier in this post re saving to desktop and then replacing the file - this worked perfectly for me.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Sep 16, 10 5:14 PM
Misty40 wrote:
Cherubabies wrote:The point is - If the Developers make the Game so hard that you can't win then I don't mind using the Cheat Sheet. After all, I paid GOOD money for this Game, and I didn't pay it so that I can only finish half the game, did I?

Amen to that! Thank you for this info. I passed all of the whacking levels the first time I played the game. I'm playing under a different profile and can't pass the one with wolves. Thanks to you, I can kiss that part of the game goodbye! LOL

I have to say thank you, also. I actually had to do the same thing when I played "Collapse!" because some levels were just too hard for me and I hadn't played any of the previous versions. I agree, when you spend money on a game you want to finish it. I've had to quit a few games before because it just got too hard.

It's unfortunate that more developers don't offer an easy, medium, or hard mode like with "Puzzle Quest 2" or like "Delicious: Emily's Taste of Fame." That would solve some of the problems. Another example is "Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action" that offers an untimed mode. If only more developers would do the same and just recognize that not everyone plays at the same level.

This is why I asked for an untimed option earlier. Then people wouldn't have to go in and make all of these adjustments. The customer shouldn't have to rewrite the entire game just to finish it.

I still haven't purchased this and I don't know if I'm going to either. But I loved the first one.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 16, 10 6:30 PM
Glad I could help.

I definitely agree - there should be different Game Modes - Easy, Medium and Hard. That gives the Game added value too because it's replayable on different levels!

Someone tell the Developers to get their act together!

notesmom
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by notesmom on Sep 19, 10 5:04 PM
THANK YOU, CHERUBABIES, SO MUCH! Now I can WIN & see the castle!
notesmom

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Sep 20, 10 10:40 AM
thank you!!! thank you!!!
4.10 was driving me bonkers.....saw your post and knew I had a backup plan. after 3 days I added a few seconds and got past.
I am looking forward to finishing the game (without using the cheat again) and going back in the game and tweaking each level for giggles.
thanks again!

[Post New]by drgonfli on Sep 20, 10 11:45 PM
Ok call me dumb, but I think I'm losing it here. I can get into the file on vista, I have all administrator rights. I still cant save and for the love of God How do I get the notepad file to save to my desktop?
See what this game has done to my brain?! Simple things are no longer easy..LOL Thanks for the cheats if I can get this to work.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 24, 10 12:27 AM
Notepad will automatically ask you whether to Save changes or not upon Closing - if you have made any changes.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 24, 10 1:06 AM
Well clearly I am in the minority, since my post is the only one that doesn't think this is the answer to getting through this game. Of course players must do as they think best and if cheating is your choice then that's up to you. Personally even if I could be bothered to go to the effort of changing the game to suit, there would be no sense of achievement at the end. I have got through the game with gold on all levels without changing the parameters and on some levels have beaten the developers record. That is far more satisfying (in my opinion) than doing it by altering the game to make it easier.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 24, 10 4:39 PM
angelfish106 wrote:Well clearly I am in the minority, since my post is the only one that doesn't think this is the answer to getting through this game. Of course players must do as they think best and if cheating is your choice then that's up to you. Personally even if I could be bothered to go to the effort of changing the game to suit, there would be no sense of achievement at the end. I have got through the game with gold on all levels without changing the parameters and on some levels have beaten the developers record. That is far more satisfying (in my opinion) than doing it by altering the game to make it easier.

I strongly DISAGREE. Just because YOU were able to finish it with Gold on all levels doesn't mean everyone else can. I paid GOOD MONEY for this Game and I expect to be able to play and finish ALL of it, NOT some of it or half of it, but ALL of it. Get it? So try thinking about other people struggling through this Game instead of YOURSELF.

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 4:40:41 PM PST

Go to: