Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only.

[Post New]by lindajewell on Sep 24, 10 4:50 AM
Game won't load at all, my screen just sits and flashes and I have to reboot to get it to stop. There is no error message just my screen flashing. My flash player is up to date as are my windows updates. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell Inspron 1525 Laptop.

Kassy9
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Kassy9 on Sep 24, 10 1:23 PM
I only tried 12 minutes of the free trial and I uninstalled from my computer. You have little or no control over the game. It is all over the place. All and all the worst gaming experience I have ever encountered.

[Post New]by SquareKitty on Sep 25, 10 1:04 PM

Help please BigFish!

This has never happened to me before - the game has installed, but I can't even open it. The screen just flickers and flickers on my desktop and I have to restart my computer to make it stop.

Usually an error can be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling, but it didn't work this time

JudeW
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by JudeW on Sep 26, 10 12:37 PM
heron wrote:Good Morning All,
I am having problems with the curser .It just won,t move the objects ie the gears in the gear puzzle. I most have spent 15 min just to finish this puzzle. I have now backed out of the demo and will try the patch and Dr felix. Hopefully something works It looks like a game I woud enjoy

Hi,
I have the same problem - I see that a few people posted it, I did not see a reply from BF - is there a way to solve this issue?
I have very little control of the cursor, and can't really play.
It seems like an interesting game... it's a shame
Jude

[Post New]by Yankeegirl22 on Sep 27, 10 8:13 AM
I am giving up too, after only a few minutes. Cursor control is impossible. Never had this happen on any other of the many many games I own.

[Post New]by rescuecat on Sep 29, 10 9:58 AM
I love this type of game BUT can't play it because of the cursor problem,it won't pick up anything. Does BF test these games before we get them?? I loved "Woman in White", couldn't get out of the grave yard,how upsetting is it when we pay for a game to play,look forward to it and it dosen't deliver.Wow , is this something like throwing away good money??? Are you reading this BF.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 3, 10 10:43 AM
The cursor is bad, but what really is terrible is the answer time in the puzzles. It took the game a few seconds just for the simple ring rotation in the church door puzzle. If it wasn't so trivial to solve I would have skipped it because it was painful to play.
I hope there will be a second patch, because there seems to be a major bug in there if the performance is that bad on a computer that can run games with better graphics/animations without any problems. I had those problems with no other game here until now. I liked the story, but it is hardly playable now...

[Post New]by sparkplugannie on Oct 5, 10 11:18 AM
When I try to run the game, an error message appears saying "load library failed with error 126, specified module could not be found"

any idea how to resolve this

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 5, 10 11:43 AM
Hey Fishies,

If you're having display issues, like the gray lines, or are unable to load the game, you may want to check to see that your system is up to date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The 126 error is usually related to Microsoft Direct X and a simple update should help:

Error 126

Save issues? Please check to make sure that you have administrative rights:

Save Errors

If you've already referenced these articles, please get in touch with a Tech rep for further help and do include any steps/updates you've already taken!

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

JosieB5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by JosieB5 on Oct 6, 10 4:30 AM
I am still having the same cursor problem - impossible to control it. I have the latest DirectX and Graphics drivers and I installed the revised game from early September but still no change.

I am so disappointed as it seems a great game

Jo

[Post New]by pepperrat on Oct 6, 10 8:04 PM
Ditto, such great potential made unplayable by an ice skating cursor. I did as recomended, I uninstalled then reinstalled game with little or no change. I have faith that BIG FISH games will resolve the problem they always do!
thank you

[Post New]by chrwgn2 on Oct 7, 10 11:44 AM
At the frame where the casket opens and I click next, Error message pops up saying ( Error reading PNG File IDAT: CRC error ) and it kicks me out of game. HELP????

[Post New]by gamefever on Oct 12, 10 1:12 PM
Well, in spite of all the problems I saw mentioned out here, I did purchase and download the game. I put up with the cursor problem until I got to the puzzle with the pipes. I gave up in total frustration.

Problems like this are totally un-acc-cept-able. I love BFG and the game itself is a good one, I think. But is is virtually unplayable in the current state it is in.

I have not had this type of a problem with a game from BFG in a long while, maybe never.

I have the most current version of the game, latest update (just dowloaded today) and BFG - the cursor problem is NOT solved.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Oct 29, 10 12:41 PM
I downloaded the demo and started to play this game but it is very difficult to control the cursor... it seems to be floating and cannot go where it is directed. I know that this issue is not on my computer because I have other games and they play fine. I even tried playing some of my other previously purchased games to confirm that the problem was not on my computer because those games played fine, so I can confirm that the problem is not on my computer, but the game itself. I would like to be able to continue playing the demo, because I would like to be able to purchase this game, but if it has too many technical issues, then it would not be a purchase from me...too sad, too bad.... because it seems to be a very interesting and fun game. Please fix these technical problems so that we can buy the game, and continue playing and enjoying it. Thank you.
Marty

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 29, 10 1:01 PM
Have you let CS know about your cursor problem? Posting in this forum just tells other players.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Oct 29, 10 1:20 PM
Hi LIFEISBLESSED and thanks to Mr_Russ for swimming by to help!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

The following help article has helped resolve common cursor issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. Just let them know what steps you’ve already tried and they’ll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages. If these haven’t helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

BZME
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by BZME on Nov 1, 10 11:08 AM
The game played great for the one hour free play, but after downloading the full game I am unable to get anywhere. I have been able to grab the ladder and it shows as 3 ladders in my inventory, but I cannot get it to lean against the tree. I also cannot get the rag to stay wet. I dip it into the water and it says it is wet, but once I go to the glass to clean it, it says the rag is too dry. I even uninstalled the game and re-installed it. I get the same errors. I played well beyond this scene in the trial version, so I know it is not my computer.

[Post New]by pixiedoll33 on Nov 2, 10 6:59 PM
This game looks very interesting but it is just too painfull to play. It is so slow I keep getting frustrated and give up. I have never had this problem with any of big fish games and I am so disappointed. I plan to let them know about my problem and I hope it gets fixed soon.

[Post New]by katek88 on Nov 8, 10 5:43 PM
I bought and played some of this game several times with no problems; now suddenly when I try to start the game, my screen flashes over and over and the game won't open. I have to shut down the computer to get the flashing to stop. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it didn't fix the problem. Help!

[Post New]by Sososo on Nov 9, 10 3:28 PM
I have a problem with the mini-puzzle with the numbers (adding up the rows and columns).

I have completed it (i've checked the walkthrough and it is right) but it won't give me the Sun tile.

I've tried shutting the game and opening it again and it doesn't change anything. I've also tried skipping the puzzle but it does nothing.

What do I do???

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 3:28:57 PM PST

Go to: