magshev
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by magshev on Sep 15, 10 11:58 PM
srgparker wrote:Really enjoying the game...had some issues a few times, started playing and got booted out a few times, nothing saved "save file is corrupt" error...uninstalled, reinstalled, everything was running smoothly again. Now am mid way through chapter 2/3 and have been booted out again. When I attempt to 'play again' I get the "save file is corrupt" message. This is frustrating as I have made a lot progress this time around from the first reinstall.
Any patches or solutions for this? Anybody? Thanks!

I am having the same problems and it has only ever happenen with EAP games. I have written to CS but no reply as yet. I do not recall having problems with any other games from BF. It's realy frustrating because what I have seen of the games I realy realy would like to play them, any suggestions plz.

Also can anyone recommend any similar games, I am waiting for a couple of CE's to come down in price before I buy lol. Going to get withdrawal syptoms if I don't get a good game soon.

Thanks to all who read this post

P.S Anyone who can help plz pm me, saves trying to find any solutions in posts....

Edited on 09/16/2010 at 12:15:46 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 16, 10 12:57 AM
bpurdum2 wrote:
tillybaby wrote:I am having a real problem trying to use items that are in my inventory. The hand icon comes on but then I have to try numerous times to get the things to actually work, it is very frustrating and spoils the whole flow of the game play. At the moment I have to assemble the boiler and must say I have given up because I've been trying for over ten minutes to pick up an item to fix the thing

I am having the same problem. I just started the game and at the gate with the dog. Found the ball but cannot pick up the razor to use. The rope and stick will not combine. I guess I cannot go any into the game. I was going to buy this game but am not happy that I cannot access the strategy guide for help and that it is hard to pick up items with the hand.

Dibbydoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by Dibbydoo on Sep 16, 10 5:27 PM
srgparker wrote:Really enjoying the game...had some issues a few times, started playing and got booted out a few times, nothing saved "save file is corrupt" error...uninstalled, reinstalled, everything was running smoothly again. Now am mid way through chapter 2/3 and have been booted out again. When I attempt to 'play again' I get the "save file is corrupt" message. This is frustrating as I have made a lot progress this time around from the first reinstall.
Any patches or solutions for this? Anybody? Thanks!

I am having the same problem. Are there any fixes?

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by BNBSCHRACK on Sep 16, 10 10:34 PM
Ok I'm having a problem picking up the leather strap to attach to the fretsaw blade. I get the hand icon..but no matter where I click it wont pick it up. I have enjoyed the game so far, but I find this problem rather annoying and makes me want to ditch the game...anyone else having problems with this area?

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Sep 16, 10 11:02 PM
i can't pickup the rope on left bench. my cursor stays an eyeball - have the razor & branch !!!
can anyone make a suggestion about how i can solve this dilemma. i need the to put between the razor & branch !!??

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 17, 10 3:18 PM
I also got booted out toward the end of chapter 2 and when I went back in it said save file had been corrupted. Now I have to start over at the beginning again. It's a shame because this is a good game. If it happens again I will ask BF for a refund. My only other complaint about the game is the strategy guide goes back to the index every time you close it. That's a pain in the hiney.

stareis
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stareis on Sep 18, 10 6:39 AM
please address the issue many of us are having, of finishing the game and going into the bonus, after one time in bonus land, it no longer loads....i am so frustated that many have complained about ths yet BFGs has not responded to the problem, if the bonus area can't be played, i would like a refund

slink73
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by slink73 on Sep 18, 10 11:50 AM
Having finished this great game - when it came to the bonus level I clicked that I wanted to play and it just took me back to the beginning - infuriating

Can anyone help as the thought of doing this very long game (although enjoyable) does not appeal?

Thanks

stareis
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stareis on Sep 18, 10 12:23 PM
please address the issue many of us are having, of finishing the game and going into the bonus, after one time in bonus land, it no longer loads....i am so frustated that many have complained about ths yet BFGs has not responded to the problem, if the bonus area can't be played, i would like a refund

[Post New]by deb481 on Sep 18, 10 5:52 PM
My time is running however I can't even play because it says that it has stopped working

af623985
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by af623985 on Sep 18, 10 6:30 PM
tillybaby wrote:I am having a real problem trying to use items that are in my inventory. The hand icon comes on but then I have to try numerous times to get the things to actually work, it is very frustrating and spoils the whole flow of the game play. At the moment I have to assemble the boiler and must say I have given up because I've been trying for over ten minutes to pick up an item to fix the thing

af623985
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by af623985 on Sep 18, 10 6:42 PM
Dark Tales Black Cat CE: Game keeps telling me corrupted file.Have started 3 times,on 3rd time I got as far as the Labyrinth and then crashed. I have tried everything to no avail.Same thing has happened to Woman in White and I don't want to start over again. I also would like a refund,I have never had this happen before I am very apprehensive about purchasing any more games.

What's going on????

[Post New]by greatnanaruth on Sep 19, 10 9:45 AM
please big fish games, help us. several of us are having a problem playing the extras part of the game. i click on play and the screen freezes up and an error pops up. i know it can't be in my settings. i don't have this problem when i play the first part of the game and didn't at first with the extras. but now i can not play the extras. it's very dishearting to pay the extra money to have the collectors edition but if you can't fix this problem can i please have a refund and i'll purchase a regular game that won't freeze up on me. thanks. please help us.

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Sep 19, 10 5:56 PM
It would be nice if the repeated boots out of the game followed by notice of a corrupted file would be fixed too! I will be starting my third attempt soon.

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by cottagecrafts on Sep 20, 10 1:18 AM
swtndsr2 wrote:I'm having the same problem too!! NEVER had this before...being booted off game many times...have uninstalled and reinstalled game...still getting the message of "save file is corrupt". I'm able to get to the garden and then the game slows down and take me back to my desktop. All the other games that I've bought through BF have worked...so I know that it's NOT my computer. Hope that they get this fixed or I want my $$ back.

Im having the same problem, have got a real long way in the game about 5 times and then it boots me off and when i try to play it again it says corrupt save file and i have to start from the beginning again PLEASE HELP getting really fed up with playing the same bit and want to reach the end XXXX

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Sep 20, 10 8:38 AM
Game crashes for me after every 3 -5 moves from one room to the next. Have also noticed that it crashes within one move or so after looking at the journal. Same problem as others - my save game file is corrupt & I have to start over. The only way I have been able to get ahead in the game is copy my save game file to another folder, then when game crashes, recopy into the saved games folder. This works, but very very very tedious & slow going as I have to save every 3 - 5 minutes in case the game crashes. I am running Windows 7 on an HP notebook that is less than one yr. old. All drivers are up to date, have installed & reinstalled game several times to no avail. Reinstalled flash & shockwave. Have tried running the game with all programs, including background apps, closed, still no luck with the frequent crashing..I have never had a problem with any bf game, very sorry about this one as it is such a good game. I would LOVE to just simply play the game.....I am hoping I will get some answers from tech support & hopefully a resolution.

[Post New]by Prairie_Belle on Sep 21, 10 8:55 AM
I am also having trouble with the magnet pulling up the gear in the jar. I've dragged the magnet down to the gear and have placed the magnet everywhere on the gear that I can think of. Nothing happens.
Now I'm stuck - SO close to the end.

[Post New]by Prairie_Belle on Sep 21, 10 8:56 AM
I am also having trouble with the magnet pulling up the gear in the jar. I've dragged the magnet down to the gear and have placed the magnet everywhere on the gear that I can think of. Nothing happens.
Now I'm stuck - SO close to the end.

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Sep 22, 10 7:55 AM
debdeb11 wrote:Game crashes for me after every 3 -5 moves from one room to the next. Have also noticed that it crashes within one move or so after looking at the journal. Same problem as others - my save game file is corrupt & I have to start over. The only way I have been able to get ahead in the game is copy my save game file to another folder, then when game crashes, recopy into the saved games folder. This works, but very very very tedious & slow going as I have to save every 3 - 5 minutes in case the game crashes. I am running Windows 7 on an HP notebook that is less than one yr. old. All drivers are up to date, have installed & reinstalled game several times to no avail. Reinstalled flash & shockwave. Have tried running the game with all programs, including background apps, closed, still no luck with the frequent crashing..I have never had a problem with any bf game, very sorry about this one as it is such a good game. I would LOVE to just simply play the game.....I am hoping I will get some answers from tech support & hopefully a resolution.

You've described exactly everything I've also done to try and get this game to work. I have a HP PC <6 mos. old. I e-mailed Cust. Supp. on Sun., the 19th. No reply so far and usually they are pretty quick to respond. This makes me think that BFG techs don't really know what's going on with this @#$&* game either.

Nice to know I'm not alone ~ Anne S.

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 7:56:50 AM PST

[Post New]by snoopysue on Sep 22, 10 9:58 AM
I am also having the 'drops out and now has a corrupted save file' problem.

I am running on a 2 month old HP laptop - Windows 7, fully updated.

Has anyone tried running in XP compatability mode ?

Go to: