ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Trouble

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Sep 11, 10 4:55 AM
I loved this game! Nice take on an adventure game playing the two characters, interesting story line, lots of little puzzles of just the right difficulty for me and it wasn't too short, I got about 3hrs of play out of it, which I know isn't long, but is enough to satisfy me. Graphics are cute and I really hope there is a Royal Trouble 2!!!

Thank you very much for a morning's enjoyment!!

MarieNomad
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by MarieNomad on Sep 11, 10 6:15 AM
This game is very fun and engrossing. I found myself playing right through the demo and not realize an hour had passed.

The puzzles are challenging but you can skip them if you want. It's also pretty funny and light hearted. I hope there is a sequel.

SnappyPeas
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SnappyPeas on Sep 11, 10 7:27 AM
It's alright, I almost finished all of it before the free trial was up. Didn't know that though... it was far too short. And I was disappointed when I finished because there was no incentive to play it again.

[Post New]by ccaannddyy on Sep 11, 10 8:05 AM
I really loved this game .. I am definitely planning on buying this game

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Sep 11, 10 8:59 AM
This was one tested. I thought the banter back and forth was hysterical. Liked it immediately. A nice change (at least for me) from some of the darker games, which I tend to draw to. Nice puzzle game, good hints and I definitely want to see how this one ends. Might not be for everyone, but I found it fun.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 11, 10 9:20 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Very relaxing and didn't feel exhausted playing it like many other games. Quite different and adorable. Take your time, don't rush it and it will last for hours. Agree, hint system was great, wish all games had similar hints.

jq134
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jq134 on Sep 11, 10 9:47 AM
The dialogue is a bit long winded but the game is very cute and comical. the graphics were good and i loved the hint system. A good break from some of the recent games that have been posted.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Sep 11, 10 10:10 AM
I'm frankly surprised that more folks aren't enjoying the delightful dialogue in this game. I loved it; thoroughly appreciated the art, the wit, the creativity that went into this game. Lots of fun filled hours trying to get these two out of the clutches of the dastardly Black Knight. More please...

Sheila

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 10:11:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Emperess on Sep 11, 10 12:57 PM
I realy loved the demo I think it's a light, funny and relaxing game and if you're not in a rush, you won't need the hints. Enjoy!!!

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Sep 11, 10 2:19 PM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:Hmm looks interesting... Is there a skip option for puzzles?

yep in the lower right hand corner you open the book and just click tell me more.

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Sep 11, 10 2:21 PM
Its one of those games that you either love or hate. Some might find it stupid, some might find it charming. I loved it and found it very light and a breath of fresh air.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 11, 10 2:27 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The dialogue was funny and engaging. Good graphics, too. Yes, a little easy but definitely worth playing.

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Sep 11, 10 2:46 PM
i hope there's a sequal

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Sep 11, 10 2:52 PM
The graphics were good - the game went quickly - the hint system is great [too great actually] the story line is more childlike soap opera and irritating
A no buy for me

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Sep 11, 10 3:27 PM
I only played this game for about 15 min. It seemed okay but the dialogue was kind of annoying for me. I'm sure it made the game more entertaining for some. It was funny, I will say that. I did like the hint system a bit, it games a little information to a lot. I would probably buy this game on sale.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Sep 11, 10 11:39 PM
Adventure Game Lite.That's the best way to describe this. I like adventure games but I stink at them. This one is a great starter game for the genre. I had a lot of fun playing the demo.
Some people said there was too much talk but the dialogue is funny and not a chore to keep up with.
The hint system was totally new to me.It is one of the reasons I call this what I do.More than once it was a big help to an adventure gamer newb like me.
Would I say buy it? Yes,I would.I may get this one for myself.

Pea511
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Reviews for Royal Trouble

[Post New]by Pea511 on Sep 12, 10 3:55 AM
I played the demo for an hour and really liked this game. Liked the story - though because I was playing the demo I did find there was too much dialogue.

I was going to purchase it after the hour demo - however when the hour was up, I was 45% of the way through the game - so thought not worth a game credit - as only another 1-2 hours play left.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 12, 10 7:11 AM
played the demo and it was so funny I bought it straight away. Nice to see a bit of humour in a game for change. However it is very short and I was almost expecting it to have one of those hung endings indicating that the developers were stringing it out for a sequel but it did not even have that. Can't say that this was a hidden object game as it was more puzzle base. I liked the concept of more than one player, not quite HOG or RPG.. a hybrid but in a good way. I would recommend a buy and see for yourself, apart from the game length I had no qualms about playing. Overall it was enjoyable. I would be surprised if there was not another adventure to follow this up.

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Sep 12, 10 5:10 PM
I really liked this game, it was cute. There was a lot of talking, and it was pretty short, but I still thought it was a fun game.

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Sep 12, 10 6:45 PM
Just finished playing Royal Trouble.....What a delight!!!! It was as much fun as Vampireville..which I have replayed many times just for laughs.

Royal Trouble is a 'light', happy game and the developers have as weird a sense of humour as I do. It just makes you smile.

A number of other fishes have said that it is rather short...but I didn't really find it that way...I play oodles of **** and Adventure games and while not a wizz I'm not that slow....this game kept me occupied for over 4 hours. I played at the 'advance' level and only skipped one puzzle.

The graphics are charming, bright, clear and very well done. This games makes a very pleasant 'interlude' from other great games like RTR/Dire Grove etc.

Definitely worth the money, IMO. Thanks Big Fish....and more please.

ps...if you like this game and haven't tried Vampireville, you really should.!!

Go to: