Re:Post any Puzzle Quest 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by artaith on Dec 3, 10 2:22 AM
It won't load for me either. It has worked occasionally, but not enough times for me to narrow down the conditions under which it will run.

It loads into Vista task manager, few turns of the hourglass, then nothing. I have to End Process in task manager to try again, but in my many attempts to get this to work, if it doesn't run the first time, it won't run the second without rebooting.

Unfortunately, rebooting isn't a sure fix either. See first paragraph.

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 2:24:28 AM PST

[Post New]by Liz_the_Lucky on Dec 26, 10 12:35 PM
Well huh. My computer crashed a couple weeks ago and I ended up with a new hard drive. Yesterday, on a hunch, I redownloaded PQ2 and it now plays. Go fig.

[Post New]by CeeCeeMee on Jan 5, 11 3:52 PM
I am unable to get this game to load. It starts to load and gets as far as the "D3 Publisher" screen when the game freezes. No mouse, no keyboard, nothing.

My computer uses Windows 7 and is using DirectX 11, so I know that isn't the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

[Post New]by bluevanduzen on Jan 15, 11 10:46 AM
chopstix2022 wrote:
Liz_the_Lucky wrote:From what I've found, the game requires DirectX 11, which is meant for Windows 7. Would've been nice to know before downloading it onto my WinXP computer. At least it'll run on my Mini.

I really hope this is not the case, as I do not have Windows 7 at this time. I have been browsing all over the internet though in search of answers, and cannot seem to find anything to help. Here is to hoping Big Fish support can help, or refund if it really is a Directx11 only game.

I am sorry that I have come soooo late to the forums... First: thanks for posting your problems here - makes me feel better when my computer has a tizzy...

Second: I have Windows XP 2005 and have never had any probs with this game (but, believe me, my computer is a tad of a prima dona). So, you do NOT have to have Windows 7.

I have had this very problem with other games - and from other sites... so I don't know the reason why, but there is always some way to get this, or any other game, up and running...even if it is defective. I purchased a game on disk and received a credit because the game on the disk itself was defective. Rare, but does happen.

Thanks BigFish for ALWAYS being so great with customer service!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 15, 11 11:58 AM
banshe01 wrote:No save and quit key.

FayRowe wrote:But for the life of me, I can't find where to interrupt the game to exit. Normally, there's a "Menu" button somewhere that takes you to an option to exit.

I don't know why they wouldn't just put a "Menu" button in, but you can hit the Esc key to bring up the menu. This has the Save, Save and Exit, etc. menu options on it.

I only knew to try this because it's a convention of "normal" computer games. As this is a console port, presumably console players would just press "Start" or equivalent on their controllers to bring up the menu and they'd never need a UI element to do it.

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 11:59:31 AM PST

****************************************************** *********************************************

[Post New]by jenny_johanne on Jan 30, 12 8:55 AM
I bought the game yesterday from BigFish downloads as I love the first Puzzle Quest. I could not find it on CD anywhere. Anyway, the game does not run for me. Just like the others I only see it in the TaskManager, the game won't start!
My system is WinXP Professional. All drivers up to date!

Edited on 09/02/2012 at 11:13:41 AM PST

[Post New]by Acadia on Jan 31, 12 10:39 AM
Hello,
I keep getting error 126. I don't know what this means. I have a brand new computer with windows 7 so the graphics can't be the problem. I can't start the game. It's funny, I never buy games without a trial first but I liked the first puzzle quest so much that I thought I'd give it a try. If anybody has any idea please help. Thank you.

[Post New]by Acadia on Jan 31, 12 10:48 AM
Hello,
I keep getting error 126. I don't know what this means. I have a brand new computer with windows 7 so the graphics can't be the problem. I can't start the game. It's funny, I never buy games without a trial first but I liked the first puzzle quest so much that I thought I'd give it a try. If anybody has any idea please help. Thank you.

Voup
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Voup on Mar 27, 12 9:54 AM
Played game on iPad 1 and 3 with different iOS versions and every time the multiplayer for game center crashes the game if you go and try and change default service from open feint to game center it crashes. Many people have this problem as a result online play is not possible. Fix the damn game the issue has been around forever

jgo555
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jgo555 on Apr 10, 12 10:33 AM
To Acadia,

If you keep getting the erro 126 is because you are supposed to install Direct X at the beginning of the game's installation process. It is offered to you by the game, but it has to be downloaded BEFORE the game is installed. You have to accept the terms & conditions & install the Direct X.

Why is my game in German??

[Post New]by Fayfrog on Sep 29, 12 5:54 AM
I have just bought this game and have been looking forward to playing it for a while now. But when I opened it it was in German! I'm a BigFish.com member although I live in Germany, because I absolutely dislike playing games in German, I would never consider spending even one cent on a game in German language, so please help me change it to English! In a week I'll be visiting my boyfriend in California and I want to play it with him...Thank you very much in advance.

[Post New]by ladyhawke21 on Nov 29, 12 9:19 AM
Can any one tell me how to get out of the game to close it. I cannot find a menu button or X or anything when i want to quit playing.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 7, 12 5:04 PM
ladyhawke21 wrote:Can any one tell me how to get out of the game to close it. I cannot find a menu button or X or anything when i want to quit playing.

Press Esc and a menu will open.

[Post New]by mel141215 on Feb 3, 13 11:19 AM
The travel portals randomly stopped working so I can not get through to go back to Verloran. The game then exits completely if I do try to go through the portals. How do I fix this?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 3, 13 12:09 PM
Hi mel141215 and welcome to the Pond!

It sounds like the game is crashing on you now. With that sort of issue, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card and graphics driver. You can read more about how to do that in our help article here.

But if you try that and you're still not able to use the travel portals, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be causing the trouble and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by mel141215 on Feb 3, 13 1:08 PM
I forgot to mention, it's on a Kindle Fire HD, not a computer.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 3, 13 4:17 PM
Hi again mel141215,

Thanks for clarifying which version you're playing. In that case, the article I linked above, isn't going to apply to your Kindle. Instead, please use our Contact Us page to get in touch with our Mobile Support Team. They'll be able to go through some device-specific troubleshooting with you and hopefully get everything all straightened out.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post any Puzzle Quest 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 19, 13 9:00 AM
There's a locked thread headed "Sound shuts off when I minimize game", at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/222280.page:
ivorybow wrote:I play Puzzle Quest 2 on Windows XP. If I minimize the game, when I come back to it the sound is gone. I have to exit the game and restart it to get the sound back. Why is this happening and what is the fix?
There, bfgMonongahela offers some suggestions as to how to remove the problem.

A simpler fix that I've finally found works when PQ2 switches out--for instance, when a new game finishes downloading to the Game Manager and needs to brag about its arrival --is this:

From anywhere inside the game (not at an opening screen or just after), choose <Esc>, Options, Settings. Change each of the two Sound Options, Music and Sound Effects (what you change them to doesn't matter), which will immediately bring the sound back. Then restore your preferred settings.

Click Done twice and Resume Game.

Edited on 09/05/2013 at 10:06:25 PM PST

Desert007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Desert007 on Aug 9, 14 9:25 AM
My only problem is how do you "quit" without having to use my computer's task manager?

There are no buttons or links on my play pages....

However, now that I'm here, this seems to be a minor issue.

Game is playing well, as far as I can tell, on my Windows 8.1 with the Direct X that I downloaded.

Go to: