Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 12, 10 1:19 PM
I have played today also the trialtime without any glitches. Graphic is very nice (I like that sweet comicstyle), items are okay to find (neither to easy or to hard), storyline is not so special, but interesting enough to want me continue the game. Its a buy for me.

The game reminds me on the game "Alabama Smith", I wonder if its from the same developers?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 12, 10 1:26 PM
SusanBStephens wrote:I am at the end of chapter 3 making the elixer and I have no crusher. Does anyone else have this problem or am I suppose to find it some where? I am following the walkthrough. Thanks

You don`t need a crusher for making the elixier. You need only the flower, full container, charged ball and the medaillon. Here is the link for the elixier forum: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1834.page

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 12, 10 1:43 PM
After reading the comments here I was a bit apprehensive about trying this game. More comments on technical issues than game play... But I went ahead anyway and lo and behold....I like it!!! I'm not that good at adventure games, I'm an industrious hint and walk through user but a lot of the stuff I could actually figure out on my own.
The graphics are good, I like the music and LOVE that hint button lol.
So this goes on my buy list.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 1:45:38 PM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 12, 10 3:35 PM
The game seemed pretty good until about 45 minutes in for me everything started going around in circlesYou would ask for a hint and be told to go a certain place, get there and be told to go back where you came from. I just didn't find the game compelling enough to go to the bother of using the walk through. Not the worst game ever but definitely not for me.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Sep 12, 10 4:08 PM
birdie5 wrote:I am 45 minutes into the demo and am really enjoying the game. The hint system is great so I don't have to rack my brain on what to do--have enough of that all week at work. I would like to buy it but my concern is that there are a lot of entries stating there are glitches. I have not had one yet but has anyone completed the game without a glitch?

Not one glitch for me and I finished it. Loved it.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Sep 12, 10 6:51 PM
Sheesh! There's no in between for me with games lately. They're either too hard or too easy. This in my estimation is for beginners. Nice clear graphics tho & that's always the bonus for me. The music rode my last nerve almost immediately so it got turned down. It's a great game for new adventurers but not for me this time around.

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Sep 12, 10 10:38 PM
auntj38 wrote:[b] I like this game. Still playing the demo and I'm already in trouble. Can't seem to collect the lemon's. Can anyone help. there is a lock that open's and closes and none of the leomon's fall when I click on them. It's a buy for me if I can get passed this.
Wasn't paying close attention as to what came first but did you get the branch yet? The ony other thing I had at that point that couldbe connected was the 'empty bottle'. Hope this helps.I realize it's really late to be answering but this is when I do most of my games. I usually work midnights but am off for a bit right now.

[Post New]by mlishiss on Sep 12, 10 10:55 PM
I hate to give a bad review b/c I think BFG is pretty awesome and usually delivers the casual games that I want to play. I'm mainly an Adventure/HOGer so I gave this game a try since I had just finished playing and completing Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cat CE and was hungry for more. This game was an immediate and huge no-go for me. BFG, please don't send us lame games like this especially right after a great release like the aforementioned Dark Tales!

Everything was wrong from the start. From the incontinuity of the gameplay, to the graphics, the music, and more. It just gave me a headache and I deleted it after about 10 minutes of trying to last through the demo. I usually know by the time the demo is up or sooner if it is a worthwhile game and buy the game because I am hooked. This absolutely was not a buy. I'm thinking I was spoiled by Dark Tales and YES, I paid $13.99 for a CE, but it was well worth it and will gladly pay that price again for a game of that quality rather than pay more than half that price for a shoddy piece of work along the same lines of Mystic Gateways...

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Sep 12, 10 11:17 PM
I think that a new genre name should be created for these types of games...Adventure game and you find a few items you need along the way. Something like Hadventure or Ventog,since the adventure aspect is the main part of the game but not the lrg. file,time consuming adventure games. This game is perfect for nights when you want a game that keeps your mind pleasantly occupied after a hard day. I'll agree that it didn't 'grip me' with the repetitive storyline but had enough going on to be enjoyable and not boring. I always play the easy mode for demos. That way I'll know that if it is in the least bit challenging then the difficult level should only be better, plus I want to get through as much of the demo as possible so I don't waste my $.. . I liked the part when you asked for a hint outside the pyramid it gave you three choices where to go.That kind of thing helped make up for the excessive hand indicators. I got about 2/3rds of the way in the demo (had a couple distractions) but figure the game should be good for about three hours of play. I'm on the fence as to whether it's going into my 'purchase soon' list or 'wait for DD' list. That's a great part of BF's system..choice. Wow, just noticed how much I'm rambling, my opologies. Thanks BF. /

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Sep 13, 10 4:57 AM
I almost did not try the game as it looked like the same old Egyptian artifact genre, however...The graphics and resolution are top drawer. The puzzles are fun, slightly different take on the usual suspects. There is a hint system that is helpful. The demo (I did not play advanced ) but did take some thought on my part to fgure out.
Eye candy...enjoy.

Edit: It did run without any glitches for me. NVIDIA graphics, Vista 64 bit. I can see why older cpus are crashing.

Edited on 09/13/2010 at 5:00:36 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 14, 10 12:50 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this game!!!

or
out of whichever you prefer.

It's the PERFECT blend of hog/adventure... sort of like an ihog without all the boring straight hog scenes to wade through to get to the good stuff. And not like a LFG where you wander in circles until you finally give up and look up the walkthru. My REAL LIFE is stressful and hard... I play casual games because they are, well, CASUAL!!!

No glitches here either and I have a wide screen large (25.5 inch) monitor as well. I think, as someone else mentioned, that it's the older rigs that have a problem. But the graphics are nice and bright and it has the "flash" that make them fun to watch... engages your brain enough without being arduous... just an all around fun game. Plus... it's an Egyptian theme... my FAVORITE!!

So this is a definate buy for me. (It was probably made even nicer by the fact I tried the COW first... now THAT is a stupifying, put you to sleep, BORE. (Defenders of Law in case someone reads this after it changes.)

Who won't like it? Those with an older computer. Those who are into the LFG that you have to figure out every tiny thing. And those who want a straight hog. BUT if you want an inbetween, fun, rewarding game to play this is the one. Definate buy for me. Oh oops, already said that.

[Post New]by jennydawn7405 on Sep 14, 10 5:35 AM
I played the demo...it was ok, but not a buy for me. A bit to easy, and I was getting bored. I've been buying alot of games recently, so I'm trying to be more picky

[Post New]by Betty_hines on Sep 14, 10 11:07 AM
How can you finish demo when you cannot find all 15 lemons...got 13 and that was it. use hint...says go back to camp...not!!! Not for me.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 14, 10 2:08 PM
Played it all the way through (used the walkthrough once or twice), and it is a good game.....until you get to the portal, see Edwin and the birdman wants revenge. There Edwin goes and "to be continued" pops up! I will get the second one too. I didn't have any "freezes" or problems....lucky I guess.

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on Sep 14, 10 3:05 PM
More of the same please, not to taxing on the old grey cells and every so often you need a nice pleasant game, I ENJOYED IT ANYWAY.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 14, 10 5:16 PM
cherbtoo wrote:I have just had one of those deja vu moments where you start playing a game and you know exactly where everything is and what you have to do. I exited the game and came and searched my purchase history but it wasn't there and I sat here all when all of a sudden I had a blinding of it was the game I had beta tested under another name ... anybody got any memory enhancing pills because I have only demoed 2 games and the other was a TM so you think I would have remembered quicker.

My comments at the time of the beta was that it was a good game but too easy so I am hoping that they have made it a bit more challenging in the advanced mode. I said I would buy it when it came out and I have so I now know how I will be spending my Saturday afternoon. ... Ciao

C

Oh Cherb, just saw this post. You crack me up. Sending you some memory enhancing pills overnight express mail

[Post New]by Intrepid_51 on Sep 14, 10 11:18 PM
I was a bit reluctant of buying this one as I started the demo but by the time the hour was up I was so engrossed I had to finish it. It was refreshing after playing so many dark, gory and macabre HOGS lately! I enjoyed it alot. I was a bit "put out" with the (ah-hum) ending of this game. Oh man!!! I hate when it does that!! LOL

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suede46 on Sep 15, 10 7:17 AM
I have just finished this game and thoroughly enjoyed it! It is the sort of game that I love to play. I didn’t have the music playing – I never do, so I cannot comment on that.

My computer is a 5 year old HP Pavilion17.5 inch laptop running XP. I only had one little problem, and that was in the miners cave, I couldn’t put the nails on the wood, I tried and tried and in the end I got so mad I just kept clicking the mouse over the wood, and all of a sudden the nails stayed there!

I don’t know how long it took me to play it, because I played over a few days, but I was sorry when it ended, I could have carried on playing quite happily. Looking forward to next one.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Sep 15, 10 6:04 PM
thanx BF for sorting all the probs with this game!

I like this one and so many probs, but thanx for fixing it!

love you xx

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Sep 16, 10 11:04 AM
I am glad I bought this one - good game overall

Go to: