Silka
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

Re:Post any Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by Silka on Sep 11, 10 10:16 PM

Major problems with this game. I've reinstalled, changed profiles, shutdown completely, etc, all to no avail, I hope they provide some fixes for this game,

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bgarcia on Sep 12, 10 12:20 AM
flaxin wrote:I'm just finished the claw game and have all the jewels for the miner, but it just stays frozen at the claw game. My tools all work and the hints and the journal, but I can't close out the game at all or move back up from the well. I bought the game but didn't really want to start over again. Any suggestions?

Same here, but not exact same place, mine is on the left stone face just can't get out of it. Everything else works. Oh well, they'll get a fix. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.

[Post New]by vindictive666 on Sep 12, 10 12:54 AM
made it to the captains quarters

got the cups screen froze on the hook wont exit the mini game

not my computer for sure a bug in the game

can use tools open the book ect ect

regards john

[Post New]by sonicflood132 on Sep 12, 10 2:04 AM
Got to the Great Pyramids.
Matched all the scarabs, left with a screen of bricks...can't X out.
Going back to the menu, then coming back into the game puts me back on the screen.
Same with quitting the game and then going back on.
Game is incredibly glitchy. I was enjoying it but definitely won't be buying it now.

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Sep 12, 10 2:22 AM
Same problem with the scarabs. I decided to buy the game as the only problems I had been having with it was of my own making (I forgot about the extra tools top right). I am now regretting my decision. From these comments it looks as if it is not worth starting again as I am likely to hit glitches elsewhere in the game.

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Sep 12, 10 4:32 AM
I decided to start the game again, changed profiles and this time the computer froze on the start screen and I had to restart the computer. I am done with this game until the glitches are sorted.

[Post New]by DBGIRL on Sep 12, 10 6:06 AM
Ljay2007 wrote:I've just got past the caterpillars and now the game won't let me exit the mini-game screen - I can use all the tools so it's not frozen as such - the tools are no good there though - the item I have I can't use

I've bought the game though so I hope there will be an update to sort it out - shame as until then it was a good game

Same here, re-installed, started over with no help.

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Sep 12, 10 6:08 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

Just popping in to thank you for posting the issues you've run into in this tech thread. We are now aware of them and they are being looked into. If there is an update, we will post here first, so please check back.

Thank you so much for you patience during this time. We really do appreciate it.

-bfgArnoStyx

I had 20 mins left on the demo but when I downloaded the demo again, it said "expired". I think it's time BFG pulled this one so no one else can download until the bugs are fixed.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Sep 12, 10 6:31 AM
Same problem for me with the scarabs. Whilst I appreciate BFG's undertaking to provide a new game every day, I am starting to be concerned that, in order to do this, they are compromising quality in some cases. As my problem happened well within the hour's demo time, I was surprised that nobody in the production company for this game (not BFG, as I realise this would be impossible) had tested it at least that far, but even more preferably, right to the end. It can't give them much kudos with BFG if all BFG can see is complaint after complaint in the Technical Issues forum.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. For those of you who did not experience any problems, hope you enjoyed it

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Sep 12, 10 7:02 AM
Get as far a the main temple complet the sliding puzzle and a waterfall appers in the middle of the picture, then the sliding puzzle will not disapear.

I am of the opinion that you should not put a game up for one a day, until better tested, or you start paying us to play the games, TO SORT OUT THE GLITCHES. i have just finnished edger alan poe one fantastic, was worth the money, take a leaf out of there book and get it right.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 7:06:37 AM PST

Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by 4120 on Sep 12, 10 7:14 AM
I am having a problem with the ship can't find what I need after I opened the drawer In the hand keeps moving. The walk thru says to get something above the ghost head but nothing is there. This is suppose to be the last pully not working

[Post New]by judyc456 on Sep 12, 10 8:54 AM
i'm having the same problem with the game after i got all of the cups. I can't get out of the screen. i bought the game and now am disappointed that i can't finish.

I see that alot of other people have the same issue in the same place. When is there going to be a fix.

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Sep 12, 10 9:06 AM
Hi;
when all i got was a black screen and couldn't find the light switch, i checked this forum. And, when I turned off the 'special' cursor, the game worked. It was frustrating to waste so much time in the beginning of a free trial

Rhondalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Rhondalay on Sep 12, 10 9:09 AM
Just my two cents...same issue as others, at the mine in the mountain...got rid of all the catepillars, now the game is stuck, can't place the blue bar, can't exit the mini-game, stuck...tried closing, restarting, changing screen size, nothing kicked it into gear...stuck. I bought the game, hope there is a fix or a credit.

jcp11
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by jcp11 on Sep 12, 10 9:14 AM
"I've just got past the caterpillars and now the game won't let me exit the mini-game screen - I can use all the tools so it's not frozen as such - the tools are no good there though - the item I have I can't use

I've bought the game though so I hope there will be an update to sort it out - shame as until then it was a good game"

I'm having exactly the same problem. Very frustrating since I bought the game and was really enjoying it!

Ditto for me, too!

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Sep 12, 10 10:51 AM
Same for me...I'm stuck under the ship because the claw won't go away...I also agree that there are way too many "issues" with these games. Maybe we don;t need a new one every day, but a new one that really works once a week!!!!!

photograph
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by photograph on Sep 12, 10 11:25 AM
tinkz2007 wrote:ive got the first screen asking to turn on a lamp, but the whole screen is black - cannot see a thing!!! Help

Diane6648
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Diane6648 on Sep 12, 10 11:36 AM
Having the same problem, mini game in last quest to get the cups will not close. Very frustrating. I've closed the game many times but still stuck.

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Sep 12, 10 11:43 AM

I'm stuck at the wall of the great pyramid having completed the match two mini game. Interestingly my demo ended just after that point and as I was enjoying the game so much I decided to purchase it. When I went back to play I was stuck with the wall and can do nothing except get to the main menu. I thought I was doing something wrong but having looked at this forum I now know better.

Silver

Full-screen vs windowed mode

[Post New]by Soprano91396 on Sep 12, 10 12:18 PM
This is probably a minor problem by comparison, but I can't run the game in full screen mode without the image being vertically distorted (as in squashed from side to side); things look fine in windowed mode, but that detracts from the game. I'm running on a Dell laptop with 1366x768 resolution and Windows 7; this is the first game with which I've encountered this problem. Any suggestions?

Other than this problem, I'm loving the game

Thanks in advance!

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 12:19:25 PM PST

Go to: