teeney12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by teeney12 on Jan 28, 12 5:33 AM
I can't get game to show in full screen, I have a black border all aroiund it. Anyone else having this problem?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 28, 12 10:11 AM
I always start with a new profile when I don't remember the game. After getting stuck behind the bookcase, I remembered it messed up behind the bookcase last time I demoed. Had to turn off my computer to get out. Then I had to waste 2 hrs with disk clean-up and defrag just to be able to cpen my IE. This game is one big mess. I thought there had been a fix. Not much of a fix that I can see. What a mess!

[Post New]by EarthCleaner on Feb 29, 12 12:44 PM
I'm stuck trying to make the elixir in the monkey kingdom.
There is no "crusher" to mix the ingredients.
Any ideas from anyone how to find the "crusher" ??
Appreciate any help.
Thanks.

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Mar 4, 12 8:21 PM
I downloaded the demo. I cannot play at all, screen is totally black, sound seems fine. When the game is playing, I have to use task manager to kill it (I cannot alt +tab out of it). Windows 7, up to date on all drivers and patches. Too bad, it looked interesting. .

[Post New]by dogtrainer389 on Mar 4, 12 10:51 PM
rainangel5301 wrote:I got all the way to the last gate, and the walkthrough doesn't provide any help in finding the tubes needed. It says to click on the raised podium and take two pieces. I click, nothing happens, and still no word about the tubes missing!! This is so frustrating - darn, I've come this far, and now at the very end, I can't finish!! HELP!
'

I am at the same place. Can't retrieve the gold coins, can't find the tubes, the hint button is sending me back and forth, but no success. How did you resolve your problem?

[Post New]by mystic202 on Mar 20, 12 3:20 PM
Coronagold wrote:Same experience....hidden room, no cursor, no task/inventory bar on bottom. I noticed though that the laser cage on the right is animated. I get a new frame every 6 seconds. Otherwise, that's it. Had to Alt F4 out.

I'm beginning to think that most recent games are being created with Windows7 and DirectX 10, increasing incompatibilities with a LOT of gamers. See there's this little thing called the economy. And if you haven't noticed it's currently lying face down in a wood chipper. Thus nobody's buying newer PC stuff.

I have the same trouble and feedback as coronagold. I too am getting disgusted with the amount of tech issues with the newer games. I have been a customer for years because I could always depend on BF games being reliable. No more. I have followed all of the recommendations for updating drivers, etc. and still the same problems. You HAVE to enforce backward compatibility with versions of Windows and directx like most other companies do. Your reputation is getting smeared and I'm sad to see it. I always test drive the games before I buy. But this one requires me to reboot my computer to get out of it.

Please just fix the games.

Linda

Edited on 03/20/2012 at 3:27:33 PM PST

dannsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dannsh on Apr 14, 12 6:36 PM
Akela16 wrote:I had contacted BF on the above issue. They recommended that I delete the data file for the game - Users/Username/Library/Preferences/mystic gateways.
Then restart the game .... you will have to start from the beginning and replay it to the spot where you were having difficulty, I did this and was able to complete the game without any more glitches.

OK BUT I do not think this games is worth starting over. I got to the miners cave and lost one of the two torches and the game will not continue.

[Post New]by Sportz_Chick on Aug 7, 12 6:47 PM
I cant even get past the study, no graphics what so ever and just freezes up which is a shame because the opening of the game was fine. Now nothing...

[Post New]by Sportz_Chick on Aug 7, 12 7:39 PM
Okay checked a few suggestions and found restarting seem to fix it so will continue. Looks like a great game...

[Post New]by krmw1268 on Jan 4, 13 3:39 PM
I am stuck in the miner's cave. There was a puzzle under the "grit" area that required the brush to clean it off. I started the puzzle but had to leave the game mid-way. When I returned to that scene again, the puzzle no longer appears - no matter how much I brush the grit.

Help!! What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by gloria789 on Jun 23, 13 1:32 AM
i have got to the part where the dinasaur skeleton. where you find things shaped like the signs on the stone. i found 2 of them. it says one is on the dinasaur i can not find it. help. i like this game until now, gloria789

Edited on 06/23/2013 at 1:33:51 AM PST

Go to: