Whisper of a Rose

Re:Whisper of a Rose

[Post New]by RosePortalGames on Sep 17, 10 3:03 AM
itchypoo wrote:I have been to the butterfly area and am now trying to get the cure to move the butterflies. I have been to the cave and only found one bug to kill when I did what I found was 3 eggs. Am I missing a cave?

Hi, Itchypoo! To find the Dragonfly Droppings, you must go to the little cave in the far south-west of the Anatta woods. You can take a "short-cut" by going into the cave where you found Hellena, entering the doorway there and following the tunnel. It will lead to a little cave with some Dragonflies and a pile of droppings (brown-ish..things.. ).

Sincerely,

Founder of RosePortal Games
Producer of Whisper of a Rose

Demiguise
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Demiguise on Sep 17, 10 6:21 AM
Slite wrote:Demiguise -- cool name and an interesting source!

I'll confess I haven't yet read all the Harry Potters so I'm not surprised I didn't catch it. Yes, I realize this makes me a Bad Person.

However, let me point out that I haven't seen all the films either because I want to make sure I read the books first. Redeemed?

Slite - Thank you!

No, you are not a Bad Person. HP isn't everyone's cup of tea. I do agree with you waiting to see the movies until after reading the books, since some things are glossed over or left out (of necessity, I suppose), and it can get a tad confusing at times.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 17, 10 6:14 PM
Demiguise wrote:I am glad to see more of these games. Sometimes it seems as though HOGs and the horror-themed games are taking over (ready to escape from yet another insane asylum?). Having grown up on the early Nintendo games, I actually like these and don't mind the "clunkier" graphics.

Enjoyed the demo and will likely buy this, especially since I have a couple of credits hanging around.

Hey.....i like escaping from the insane asylum!!!!

But I still like this game. i buy all the RPG's that I find on this website. I found them all lovely. And let's face it. At 6.99 any RPg is worth it's weight in gold!!!

Edited on 09/17/2010 at 6:17:59 PM PST

avalonks
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by avalonks on Sep 18, 10 10:36 AM
RosePortalGames wrote:
itchypoo wrote:I have been to the butterfly area and am now trying to get the cure to move the butterflies. I have been to the cave and only found one bug to kill when I did what I found was 3 eggs. Am I missing a cave?

Hi, Itchypoo! To find the Dragonfly Droppings, you must go to the little cave in the far south-west of the Anatta woods. You can take a "short-cut" by going into the cave where you found Hellena, entering the doorway there and following the tunnel. It will lead to a little cave with some Dragonflies and a pile of droppings (brown-ish..things.. ).

Sincerely,

Founder of RosePortal Games
Producer of Whisper of a Rose

Hi,
soooo I've been to the cave in the far south-west of Anatta Woods. I have fought the 3 dragonfly. I see the brownish things in the lower right hand corner but can not pick them up. Is this a glitch or am I just in the wrong location ?

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 18, 10 11:14 AM
CasualGran wrote:Oldfashioned stuff. You even have to quit in a very complicated way (hold the left arrow and press F12). Man! Like we're back in the beginning days of gaming.

And you can also just use red x in bottom corner when you are not in fight mode. You can also save just by clicking about two icons over by just tapping your cursor on the save icon. Instead of using multiple buttons to push.
the red x will give you a choice of quitting the game and then you will be out quickly....but make sure you save first.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 18, 10 12:33 PM
Slite wrote:Aww, thanks Cordia! No response from Lisa522 however...
So... the wedding may be off.

Whitepriestess and Demiguise -- yeah, totally agree. It may be a small thing, but I think it would be for the good of both BF and the customers. Those of us who love RPGs will immediately spot new ones, remove our soiled pants, and demo them -- instead of missing them because we think they are IHOGs or Adventure games. Those who don't like them won't fill up the first pages of reviews commenting on how they don't like this type of game, potentially turning off people who might or do like it. Everyone wins! Plus, IHOGers who are curious about RPG games will know they are trying something different, rather than just being disappointed because it isn't what they were hoping for.

Better a late response than no response! I'm with ya, Slite, let's go!

And btw, totally agree with the above. Disappointing to see the whole first page be negative feedback from those who were expecting to play an iHOG adventure. RPG definitely deserves its own category ... plus, it might even inspire BFG to work to fill the category a little more with additional RPGs.

Still sitting on the demo of Whisper of a Rose - need to put aside some time to actually try it but from what I have read and heard so far (that actually pertains TO the game rather than the vision of what iHOG'ers expected it to be), I think I will like it and eventually end up purchasing.

[Post New]by steveslady66 on Sep 19, 10 10:18 AM
I am appalled by the outright child abuse reflected; a bad game to offer and especially without warnings of the content. IF I had purchased this for a child, I would have been thoroughly angry. Not the normal quality I have come to expect from big fish games.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 19, 10 4:58 PM
Hi,.....I found it graphic but did not find it offensive. I would have no problem with my child seeing it. I actually suffered from child abuse as a child. It's not a pretty depiction but it's a story that needs to be told. It's something that can open windows of discussion...but this is just my opinion.

somoia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by somoia on Sep 23, 10 6:16 AM
That is just the short cut to the cave you need. Go all the way to the end and exit the cave. Then go south. You will see another cave entrance with 3 dragonflies. That is the one you need.

Go to: