Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vampire Brides: Love Over Death

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Sep 15, 10 6:05 AM
I agree with almost everyone who said the objects were small. But not only that but they would show you like 1/10th of the object and you were supposed to recognize it! As for those stupid coins... One was the same size a the bird on the fence the other was smaller than a thimble. One was grey one was gold - all in all very confusing. While you were able to skip the mini games it took FOREVER for the skip button to load. Music was cheesey and the background noises - wow like out of an old 50's horror flick. Definitely a no buy for me!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 15, 10 9:36 AM
I was a bit weary with all the negative comments here to even try the game , especially since there seemed so many technical issues with it, too. I had to install the game twice to have it work properly, the first time it kept throwing me out of the game anytime I clicked on something.
But I gave it a try anyway and I liked the game. Granted, some of the items are pretty small and sometimes they're hidden behind other things so they are almost impossible to find but mostly they were not as small as I feared after reading the posts here.
The graphics on my pc were quite nice, I couldn't tell you anything about the audio though since I play mostly with it turned off.
So altogether it' s a buy for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 15, 10 10:06 AM
After playing the hour demo, I realized that I really didn't like this game. The graphics are poor to fair. The objects are easy to find or completely hidden. The puzzles are simple, but the skip feature takes way too long to charge, so if they were hard, it would be a long time until you could skip the puzzle. The story is pretty much a rehash of Dracula, with a different girl. Poor Vlad, he never gets any rest.

This game is a C in my book. Demo first to see if you want to buy. I sure didn't

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Sep 15, 10 10:29 AM
I kind of liked the game...yes, some objects were very small, but usually not impossible to find. Used a punch card credit to buy.

[Post New]by Bevjsc on Sep 15, 10 11:14 AM
Tried the demo for the hr. and thought would be great game so I bought it. Wow was I wrong. Had no trouble with the hidden objects. The storyline got really weak and the end not worth commenting. The worst of all was how short the game was. I couldn't believe how short the game was. I thought something must have happened, but nothing. Way too short and not worth the money compared to the other Bigfish games.

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Sep 15, 10 12:56 PM
An OK game, what there was to it. Far too short in my opinion. Maybe there will be a part 2, but I didn't get the hint that there would be.
I think this may be the shortest game in the history of BFG, or any others for that matter. Here you are, just entered the Count's castle, expecting some good scarey action, and the game just ends.....kapooie that's it.

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 3:01:43 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 15, 10 5:06 PM
I am glad I decided to go ahead and try this game for myself, after reading a lot of negative comments about objects being tiny, and hard to find.
I didn't find the items to be to tiny, some where well hidden, which gave it a little bit of a challenge, for me anyway.
After my trial was up, and it went by pretty quick, I found myself enjoying this game, so I purchased it, and am happy that I did.
I thought Count Vladimir was pretty HOT, he had that mesmerizing quality, that vampires have, that just suck you in...literally...he can suck my blood anytime..lol!
I enjoyed the story, the graphics looked fine on my monitor, and I didn't have any technical issue's with the game.
I got 3 hours of game play, out of this, so I was satisfied, after finishing another game in less than 2 hrs, I was so glad this one lasted longer for me.
I am a sucker for vampire games, so this was right up my alley !
I would suggest trying this for yourself, like me you might be surprised, and really enjoy it :-)

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Sep 15, 10 8:54 PM
Finished the game and must say I was very disappointed in the ending. Great graphics and good story line but the end was awful..

AlaLady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AlaLady on Sep 15, 10 10:44 PM
Just finished this game,I can say that I enjoyed it..Some item were hard to find but that is part of hidden objects.Also I like vampire story

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Sep 16, 10 1:11 PM
Save your money on this one. Played 10 minutes, and couldn't take it anymore. Poor fuzzy graphics, some items were very hard to find. Storyline was "weak". Okay game for a rainy day. I'll pass on this one.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Sep 16, 10 5:16 PM
LoveYa24 wrote:I played for about 7 minutes and stopped to check the forum to see if I was the only one thinking the objects were too small and hard to find. From reading others posts, I am not.

I am also a bit tired of most HOGs starting out with trying to get into the front door of a house.

No buy for me. Sorry.

LOL--she didn't try to get in the front door! Got in thru a door that had always been off-limits to her!

I like the game and once I got used to how this game's graphics are, didn't have too much trouble finding items, even with my old eyes.

Only thing that i felt was annoying was that you have to keep clicking "continue," "OK", etc instead of just clicking anywhere.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Sep 16, 10 7:31 PM
Decidied to give it another go and judging from other posters~I'm not the only one having trouble 'seeing'. I'd reallllllllllly like to play this one!! C'mon devs!!!! Blow it up a bit & lets give 'er' another go!!

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Sep 16, 10 10:37 PM
The graphics are very good and using the game cursor did not seem to slow it down any. I can not speak about the music as I had it turned down rather low. I felt the intro was rather long and I know I could have skipped it, but I always read them as that sets the story.

Now on the other side of the coin, I only played 15 minutes and quit. the HOs were just to small. How about hiding them well instead of making them so small. With all the games I have bought in the past and not finished, it is not as if I have no games to play. I also have others I play over and over and over.

Vamipre Brides: Love Over Death is

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 16, 10 11:48 PM
I played the whole game (about 4 hours but I'm slow).

After the last Dream Day Wedding offering, I have a whole new idea of small objects. ( I lost hair and weight obver that one before finally chucking it)

I didn't find the objects that small but I do have a very large moniter so that might be a factor in my favor.

[Post New]by fisheyenomiko on Sep 17, 10 4:52 PM
Bevjsc wrote:The storyline got really weak and the end not worth commenting.

Well, dang. I enjoyed the demo ok, and was thinking of getting it to continue it to follow the plot. Sounds like I shouldn't bother. You're not the first to mention a disappointing ending, either, so... Too bad, cuz the plot synopsis makes it sound really interesting. Plus, I really like vampire stories. (note to BFG: Make a vampire smiley!)... Ah, well.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 17, 10 8:22 PM
I am so not into vampires, but I still demoed this game with an open mind. Unfortunately I didn't care for it at all. In my hour demo, I got the part where the vampire's wife was decoding his message. Up until that point, the storyline was a bit disjointed and because of this very uninteresting to me. Also, at one point you are playing in the home and the main character is being forced to marry. The very next scene has her in Budapest having fun on the town. What? A female wouldn't be on her own during that time period and there was no mention of her and/or the father leaving to go on this trip. No connection really between some of the scenes. It just seemed like the story was contrived.

I found the main character very irritating. She seemed to be very flighty. To me she seemed like Scarlett O'Hara in that she figured she just go have fun and not worry about things until the forced marriage. The difference being that Scarlett had backbone and was an interesting character.

As far as technical aspects, the music was fine and the graphics were okay. A little dark in some areas and some of the items were hidden under some objects with only a sliver of the item showing.

Overall, just a really boring and unenjoyable game for me. Glad others liked it, but not for me.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 19, 10 3:51 AM
I have only played half of the demo so far. Why you might ask?? Because of the ghastly eye for a hint button. It is so distracting - if I did buy the game I would have to put a post-it note there to cover it up...I hate it and a half hour was all I could bear of that for now.

Also, in that time period and that upper-class setting, did people really say "Yuck" all of the time. It just seemed out of place. The first time I laughed, the second time I wanted to smack her... "Yuck, dust!" "Yuck, cobwebs!!" Zip it, you sissy. LOLOL

Anyway - no review here, just peeves....
I would probably pick this game up as a DD though.

Just thought I would throw in my two cents since there hasn't been much activity in this thread for a couple of days.

shadowfax

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on Sep 19, 10 4:20 AM
Nope- not for me. The objects are hard to find and it just leaves you standing there if you can't get the parts to fit like on the suit of armor. I came back to that one several times before I could get the gauntlet to actually fit on it. Crazy game. Not my thing.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Sep 19, 10 11:58 AM
Yet another BFG that is much too short. I played the demo, enjoyed it, and used a Game Club credit to get it. I enjoyed the game, but frankly, I am glad I did not have to actually pay for it, as it was barely two hours long, if that.

Really, Big Fish, these short games are starting to become a problem.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 22, 10 2:16 PM
Vampire Brides - Love Over Death (Adventure/IHOG-lite)

This is an adventure-HOG with light interaction.

*WARNING* Spiders, roaches, flies and other such critters abound. Your "hint" button is an eye, which turns red and/or rolls up in its socket when you can't use it. If you are one who does NOT like creepy-crawlies, I would not recommend this game for you.

The the music is pleasant (or at least I felt no need to turn it off), as is the artwork. Items are sometimes small, sometimes almost totally obscured, but overall fairly good. There have been a few items that seemed a bit out of place, but overall, they have made the time period believable.

You will, at times, not just pick up items via hidden object scenes, and there is no sparkly cursor to tell you that there's something there to pick up. This is actually a good thing, for it makes the gameplay a bit more challenging. Think, "OK, I probably need a crowbar for this. Now where did I see a crowbar..."

I was pleasantly surprised to find that you do not just play the main female lead, but jump to another's perspective now and again. <--highlight to read spoiler

I find the story fascinating. I think I know what's going on, but then, maybe I don't after all... The storyline is not flawless - there are a few instances where you go, "Wait a minute, now..." For instance, walking into the greenhouse you will find a plethora of giant-sized flowers. The flowers are real, yes - the biggest flowers in the world, actually... but rafflesia?? Did the designers not realize that these parasites (for they are not actually flowers) reek of carrion?? Ah well, perhaps that's not common knowledge?

They've thrown a few curves in there, and it definitely drew me in enough that I purchased straight away. If you can suspend disbelief just a bit, at least give the game a try. I have been enjoying it very much.

EDIT: I have now finished the game. There are some holes in the story, and I would surely have liked a bit more to the ending, but overall, I am happy with the game

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 3:02:38 PM PST

Go to: