Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farmers Market

[Post New]by doreestone on Nov 21, 10 9:56 PM
HELP!!! Lvl 38 won't count down customers served after it gets to 6 remaining customers. I've played for hours and it won't finish the lvl. Just keeps saying I have 6 remaining customers to serve.

[Post New]by johnsonfamnyc on Aug 3, 11 8:46 AM
Very good graphics, music, story and game play. I don't play many games more than once after beating "Expert" or "Gold". This one I just did. Fun, relaxing and challenging too.

I would LOVE to see a Farmer's Market 2.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Aug 28, 11 1:28 AM
Bought this when it first came out and played the first 20 levels or so then ran into one where I couldn't get expert after a few tries and was feeling lazy, so instead of trying to think of a strategy, I just switched to a different game. Recently came back and finished it today.

Pros:
- Graphics are fun, colourful and cartoony. The different vendors look good, and I liked the animations. Food looked quite yummy! I especially liked the level map, which was done as a coloured chalk drawing.
- Most levels require some strategy in choice of buildings, and the order in which to build them, to complete in the expert time, but there are usually several different approaches you can take to be successful.
- The expert timing is such that you're always busy but there is never too much to keep track of at once and you don't need to click frantically.
- Good variety of buildings and upgrades (ingredients and recipes); the judging booth and bandstands were good gameplay elements

Cons:
- On some of the levels there are goals that only appear after you've finished certain other goals, so it's tough to achieve expert time on these on the first try as you don't know what's coming and can't plan accordingly.
- Final three levels were way too easy. Ideally they should be the toughest in the game, but I would have been happy even if they were just on part with most of the other levels.
- Not much of a plot at all. I realize that TM games in general don't have great plots but a little more story would have added to the fun and sense of accomplishment.

The Bottom Line:
A fun and satisfying TM game that indulged my love of food. The levels were well balanced so that you had to actually plan and strategize to get expert time (except for the early beginner levels and the last few levels). One of the better TM games I've played.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

4 years later....

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 10, 14 11:41 PM
I just noticed this game. I have been doing a lot of digging (fishing?) for TM games around thsi site since they all seem to be so hidden (punny) and I found this. I figured it must be new??
As it began, I said - OK. Either this game is 5+ years old or its supposed to show retro graphics. TBH, it seemed more like 12, 14 years old. Maybe something for DOS!

I have played around 7 levels. I am not impressed, but I am kinda having fun, I have to say. Its just that I dont know what the heck I'm doing. I blame that partly on myself, so thats why I'm going easy on the review. But I suspect its not me & my inability to keep up with the instructions. I suspect the game itself might be a liiiiittle meh.

But its a farming game & so I like it. I think. I am sorry for being so wishy washy, its just that Farmers Market doesnt quite stand out one way or the other.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Aug 2, 14 11:44 AM
Looking at the build date of the forum, one would notice that the game was released here roughly four years ago - as the title to your post would suggest. So why would you figure it must be new?

But nothing about this game suggests DOS. The game is very fast moving and many of the instructions are given in the levels. So if you don't pay attention while you are playing, you are going to miss some valuable hints.

A few years ago, this was quite a great game. Nowadays, it pales in comparison. But back then, it was quite a thing.

Go to: