MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White

[Post New]by MargieB on Sep 17, 10 4:23 AM

Good Morning Fishies

The walkthrough for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White is posted on the Big Fish Games Blog and can be found here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/victorian-mysteries-woman-in-white-walkthrough/

Just copy and paste the link above into your address bar.

Good Luck!

MargieB

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 17, 10 5:33 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Belamba, see my answer on your special thread.

Hi,
Thanks for your replies!
I did and replied to it! It is a glitch, and posted so that other fishies know not to click on clock with wrong items :-)
I finished the game under a different profile. And as I really liked the game, replaying it was no big deal. But these kind of glitches are annoying when you get that far in a game, only to have to restart.

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on Sep 18, 10 3:53 AM
Birmaangels wrote:
tinkz2007 wrote:
walcroft wrote:i have downloaded it but every time i go to play it shuts itself down HELP

Im having same problem

Tried uninstalling and redownloading today hoping BFG fixed the issue. But I still can't get the game to open. I'm using Firefox and Windows 7. Do you think that could be the problem?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 18, 10 4:16 AM
jerimeri wrote:Tried uninstalling and redownloading today hoping BFG fixed the issue.
jerimeri, unless you see a new thread in this forum by one of the Mods with "new version available" in the title, no need to re-download and re-trying.
If you like, you can look in the thread "Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only" which is stickied at the top of the forum. On page 7, bfgOkeechobee wrote a msg what can be done by the players to support the procedure of getting an updated version.

[Post New]by Susiebruce on Sep 18, 10 7:13 PM
No probleming loading. But, when I exit out of the game and go back in to play later, it doesn't put me back where I was and once it evan lost two of my inventory items. It would be a really great game, if I had time to start it and continue playing without closing, to do anything. NOT feasible.

Hope BFG comes up with a fix for this otherwise fun game.

Spur1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Spur1 on Sep 19, 10 2:27 PM
When I got to the second house, Percival Glyde, I played for awhile and then had to leave the game. When I came back, it had not saved where I was, but put me back at the front entrance of Limmeridge. I still had all the inventory items that I had found at Gylde's house but they are useless and there is no way to get back to Glydes. Has anyone else had that happen? I assume I have to start all over again.

jg123
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jg123 on Sep 19, 10 4:34 PM
This game looks good, but my try it version shuts down and ticks off a minute right after the load screen. Too bad I can't try it. I've already tried trashcanning it and reloading. Same thing happened.

Edited on 09/19/2010 at 4:35:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Splash09 on Sep 19, 10 4:48 PM
ARGH!! Well, here's my scoop, Like the game BUT: have had the problem of it just shutting down on me, however MORE of a problem is: whn I leave - then come back to resume playing it will NOT & I mean NOT let me pick up "outside" of the house - I'm frustrated!!!!

[Post New]by Splash09 on Sep 19, 10 4:50 PM
WHAT????? the Hell? Is this Forum....just a place to vent? Are there NO helpful suggestion? I'm mad !

[Post New]by Splash09 on Sep 19, 10 4:54 PM
HEy You guys...after readin "ALL" of the reviews & comments on here I want to warn ANYONE that might see this & haven't already gotten their foot in this trap....STOP - don't buy - steer away. Big Fish needs to give all of us a game credit BACK!!!

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Sep 19, 10 5:20 PM
Hello Splash09,
Welcome to the pond!

I do understand that you are frustrated. Honestly. As a longtime member who has periodically had trouble with a game I can tell you that BF is superior in customer service. They are very aware of the problems that players are having with this game and are working with the developers to get the game fixed.

If you report your game problem to customer service via the green envelope (lower right side of page) they will help you. They do stand behind the games that they provide 100%. Please give them a chance.

[Post New]by buttonsmom on Sep 19, 10 5:40 PM
Cant load this game. Are those of us having problems on Windows 7? Maybe it works with an older version of Windows????

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Sep 19, 10 7:11 PM
well sounds like a good game...think I'm going to try it,where we have windows 7,but all see I guess

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Sep 20, 10 9:33 AM
I too had problems keeping the game open, so instead of opening it from the game manager, I right clicked on the desktop icon and clicked open. Ever since then I've had no problem opening it from the game manager. Now my problem is that I was in Percy's house and accidently clicked out of the game and when I went back in I couldn't get back to where I left off, any ideas.

[Post New]by lovecountry on Sep 20, 10 10:04 AM
hope smeone can help, after downloading can't play say key error appdata, also attribute error tells me to look in program files.

[Post New]by simpsod on Sep 20, 10 7:18 PM
I'm running 2 for 2 on games that wont work. This one just keeps closing on me. What's the best way to get it fixed or refunded?

[Post New]by lynnykw on Sep 20, 10 7:29 PM
I had problems getting the game to start as well. I restarted my computer and was prompted to update my flash player. I updated and then the game started up just fine. BUT I did make the mistake of buying the game and just like so many of you have realized that I can't get back to the gazebo. I will be contacting the "live help" person tomorrow and keep asking questions until they fix this or refund those of us who purchased this game.

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Sep 20, 10 7:37 PM
by simpsod on September 20, 7:18 PM
I'm running 2 for 2 on games that wont work. This one just keeps closing on me. What's the best way to get it fixed or refunded?

The best way to get help is to click on the green envelope on the right side of the page. Customer Support at BF is excellant. They will do everything that they can to get your game running. And getting a refund is never a hassle.

[Post New]by Mauvreen on Sep 21, 10 1:29 AM
This game wouldn't open for me either so I went to security in Control Panel and gave permission for the firewall to allow my game through. It worked!

[Post New]by j3nn73 on Sep 23, 10 6:29 AM
I had the same thing happen. It's soooooooooo frustrating. I enjoy the game but I don't have the time to keep starting over.

Go to: