Re:Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by JLAatPlay on Sep 19, 10 9:13 AM
I got all the way to the attic door when I played the first game. I found and picked up the "hook" in the Trophy Room. I tried to use it as a clock weight which didn't work but it made the hook disappear and I could not recover it or get in to the attic trap door.

So I created a new player and played a second time. The second game I was only able to get through the first house and out to the chapel and graveyard. I found and created the letter with the Asylum receipt and all scenes say that there is nothing left to do. I get the arrow pointing to the gate but nothing happens when I click on it. The game is stuck and won't move forward. I am reluctant to spend anymore time on this game If I can't get the triggers and inventory items to work properly. There should be some way to recover items that get "lost" or bypass "sticky" triggers.

[Post New]by Cynthia_00 on Sep 19, 10 9:16 AM
I am also very angry because the clock ate my rope and now I am stucked in the game.
What should we do?????

Is there a solution for this issue?
I also want my money back because I do not have to restart a game because it is not working well

I am very sorry, but I wish Bigfish will solve this question briefly

[Post New]by mrs82nd on Sep 19, 10 9:17 AM
Why is it that technical support keeps addressing the game crashing, but makes no mention of the issue of the game not letting you back where you left off? Is there a plan to fix this? Or did we all just waste our money?

jma0909
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jma0909 on Sep 19, 10 9:57 AM
got to asylum, closed game and when I came back, I am at beginning, but can't do anything or go anywhere that does not say, nothing more to do here.

P.S. Love the game so far, is there anyway to finish it?

Edited on 09/19/2010 at 10:01:27 AM PST

addiegag
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by addiegag on Sep 19, 10 10:06 AM
I'm having the same problems. Couldn't get the faucet handle to go onto the sink and went out of the game to check the walkthrough. When I went back into the game, I was at the front of the house and couldn't go back to the place I was when I left. Yet another game with major problems. Getting really tired of using my credits on games that don't work. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BF or you will lose me as a customer for good!

TSM5960
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by TSM5960 on Sep 19, 10 10:13 AM
same problem, was at lake had to stop. went back at front of house with no place to go. can not get back inventory items are still there. please fix BF

[Post New]by maxx_1 on Sep 19, 10 10:41 AM
I am also stuck in graveyard, I cannot get thru the gate. Doesn't BFG test games before they offer them to public?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 19, 10 10:52 AM
maxx_1 wrote:I am also stuck in graveyard, I cannot get thru the gate. Doesn't BFG test games before they offer them to public?
They would have tested this if it was their game. They aren't the developer here.

cmmerritt
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cmmerritt on Sep 19, 10 10:59 AM
I has some of the same issues other players did but finally they worked after restarting game over and over. Then I got to the part of the graveyard. I have completed everything and it even says, "Nothing left to do here". But when I try to exit through the gate, nothing happens, except an arrow showing thats the way out. So how do I get out of the graveyard so I can complete this game?
Thanks,
Carolyn (A purchaser of over 315 BFG games in under 3 years..so far)

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Sep 19, 10 11:00 AM
I have to disagree with you Mr. Russ. Would you buy something and put your name on it without testing it first? I think not. If it takes them a couple of hours to play a game before agreeing to distribute it, it should be well worth it. Guess I won't be buying this one.

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Sep 19, 10 12:02 PM
tried to play 60 minutes free ,,went back later would not open after 50 min. am uninstalling,,,,waiting for update

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 19, 10 12:13 PM
Pertigal wrote:I have to disagree with you Mr. Russ. Would you buy something and put your name on it without testing it first? I think not. If it takes them a couple of hours to play a game before agreeing to distribute it, it should be well worth it. Guess I won't be buying this one.
So BFG does a quick test on one PC and it works ... ? Margie B did the walkthrough for this without any technical problems, so you could argue that the program has been tested first.

Edited on 09/19/2010 at 12:16:20 PM PST

[Post New]by marytheelder on Sep 19, 10 1:50 PM
cluekitty wrote:I made it all the way to the labyrinth in the 2nd house, I exited the game for about a half hour and came back only to find I am in front of the first house with the lions again. All of my inventory and journal notes are still there, I just can't get back to the labyrinth.

I am in the same "boat", so to speak --- in the labyrinth at the 2nd house, left the game briefly, and when I started up the game again, I am at the front of the first house - went inside and tried and tried to figure out how to get to the 2nd house, but to no avail. My inventory is the same as it was before I left. This was a great game, up to that point. Unfortunately, I have encountered problems with two other games I have purchased recently, and was very encouraged when I started this one and was able to get as far as I did --- until now. Would appreciate some insight soon, as I am beginning to think that perhaps purchasing these games when they are first introduced is not a good idea.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Sep 19, 10 2:47 PM
I am having the same problems as SavemeJack. I downloaded the game to try because I have been having a lot of games that won't play on my computer and CS advised me to demo them first. When I click on play, the screen flashes a couple times but will not open.

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 7:15:29 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 19, 10 3:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience! We are still looking into any issues and if you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Thank you again for your patience,

bfgTigris

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Sep 19, 10 3:31 PM
KatzHome wrote:I downloaded the game this morning, September 18th, and the game played fine until I exited the game ~ I was almost at the end... When I went in to play again ~ same thing happened ~ I was brought to the beginning of the game ~ dropped off at the front stair entrance ~ whit nothing I could do and no way to get back to where I was in the game ~ I was at the asylum....

Same here and this was my second time starting over as the first time I was at the lake and could not get back. Started at the beginning the second time and went out -- came back and could not get back to the point I stopped in the game. Am always at the front of the house with my inventory and can't go anywhere without starting over again. Please try to solve this saving error.

Deleted and reinstalled but did not find an update to this game.

[Post New]by dawnie0256 on Sep 19, 10 3:45 PM
Cromaxgal wrote:I got all the way to the gazebo, then closed the game and now today can't get back to the gazebo without starting over. You were originally suppose to be able to go into the bedroom and out the window, but now it won't let you. So do I have to start over?

I've got the exact same problem; tried the "Dr. Felix" and it came up binary goobly ****. Went to customer support but none of the options are applicable. HELP!!
OR can I get my money back, please?

[Post New]by Nanaofrm on Sep 19, 10 4:02 PM
Can't get past the graveyard gate either. Also, game manager says I have no updates, but I bought before the update.
I have bought several games from BF and usually no problems. Hopefully, they will get this fixed soon. I know it is only a game, so I am not going to get too irate, but sure wish I had spent my money on another game so I could play something. LOL

[Post New]by BroncoGirl2007 on Sep 19, 10 4:23 PM
I want to ask: I downloaded the game yesterday (September 18), and when I start it, after the Big Fish logo, it crashes every time. And, I am at the part of the game where Anne is captured. When that happens, the game goes back to the very beginning and did not save where it left off. The journal shows that part of the story, but it keeps starting the game over, and does not pick up where it is supposed to. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there going to be a bug fix for this? :-(

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Sep 19, 10 5:00 PM
Everyone seems to be having the same issues. I, too, cannot get back into the game. Can't get by the BF logo. I have requested a refund!!! Don't usually do that but this game has frustrated me to that level. Too many technical issues to be bothered anymore. To bad, seemed like this game had great potential. Oh well, I will never know.

Go to: