mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Goddess Chronicles

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 22, 10 7:34 AM
CasualGran wrote:To be punished in a game is rediculous IMO. Cause, what the heck is it good for? Who benefits if you can't play anymore for several seconds or minutes?

Really, I don't understand developers using any kind of punishment in their games. It's good for nothing.

So... this game is nothing to me too. Not only do I dislike the story and the light blue and pink colours, I simply detest the shaking of the screen when I misclick, let alone being send to some sort of a time out room to pay for my crimes.

How stupid can you get?

This is a rediculous game IMO, good only to be flushed down the toilet.

Well said casualgran

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Sep 22, 10 7:39 AM
In light of the HOG, FROG, IHOG drought lately, I had high hopes for this game. Less than 30 minutes into it, I couldn't take it anymore! I never got "punished", thank goodness. Playing the demo was punishment enough for me and I am a HOG junkie! I'm afraid this is a no buy for me. I am so sad! Back to already played games in hopes that tomorrow will bring a really good HOG.

Happy gaming fishies!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 22, 10 7:46 AM
Swimming against the tide of appalling reviews, I really liked this game. Played the entire demo without getting sent to the 'penalty room' once, so not sure why so many players are! I'm 60 next month so eyesight is by no means 20/20 but I didn't have many problems finding the items. I liked the graphics, got plenty of hints if needed by finding the gems or playing a puzzle game, so far got 2 powers and look forward to getting more! Perhaps the 'shaking for wrong clicks' wasn't the developers best idea but overall give this 4 out of 5. And I can buy it for less with the 'secret coupon' that came in email, so a winner all round as far as I'm concerned!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 22, 10 7:53 AM
I'm probably one of the few who bought the game, but only because of the sale today AND because I'm getting tired of replaying Al Emmo's with different characters because there is nothing else to play.

I made it through the whole game without getting into the time-out room, thanks to the hints in this forum. The whole game took me about 3 hours to play, which isn't too bad, but I will now delete it from my computer because I can't see playing it again. It was OK at the sale price, but JUST ok.

I got ticked about the constant warnings about wrong cicks, especially since most of the warnings I got were for actual objects, but I just clicked on them too soon after the last one - I learned quickly to delay a couple of seconds between objects.

The game was longer than I expected, given that I was almost all the way though earning the 3rd power when my trial expired (I got it only a few screens later). After you earn the 5th power and you think the game is over, there are several other "trials" to endure, but by that time it wasn't too much of a challenge.

SPOILER ALERT (and a warning that this could go on and on) The ending strongly implies that there is a sequel in the works. RUN!! Save yourselves!!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Sep 22, 10 8:04 AM

SPOILER ALERT (and a warning that this could go on and on) The ending strongly implies that there is a sequel in the works. RUN!! Save yourselves!!

Too funny !!!!! Other then being annoying as hell it was just as much boring as hell !!! Two bad weeks in a row for games ...

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 8:05:21 AM PST

[Post New]by k1rhea on Sep 22, 10 8:11 AM
I enjoy the variety we get in the HOG arena. Yes, some are better than others but with such a wide variety of players, it is nice to know they are providing different type games.

I am stuck however! I am in the Courtyard and have the portal open behind the water pump. It will not let me entering until I finish exploring the courtyard. I have no object left to find. I cannot locate any objects to destroy or break.

Can anyone advise?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 22, 10 8:19 AM
k1rhea wrote:I am stuck however! I am in the Courtyard and have the portal open behind the water pump. It will not let me entering until I finish exploring the courtyard. I have no object left to find. I cannot locate any objects to destroy or break.

Can anyone advise?

Slowly mouse over the entire scene, being careful not to click on anything. Somewhere there will be an area that sparkles, either one of the never-ending rotating wheel puzzles or another game. It could be something as stupid as a rock or statue that you should have had to move to click on a part, but the part was showing enough that you clicked on it anyway - the stupid rock or statue stil needs to be moved to satisfy the "gods."

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 8:21:21 AM PST

[Post New]by chris122049 on Sep 22, 10 8:23 AM
If there is sequel, maybe they will get rid of the clicking problems and the time out room.

I haven't gone to the time out room at all ...........

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 22, 10 9:24 AM
The graphics are well done. Gameplay is easy. The storyline is interesting. All in all a fun time.

It's an A-.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Sep 22, 10 9:39 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I seem to be stuck! No more objects to find but it won't let me move on to next scene down a well, and of course if I click around - maybe I need a lantern I'm thinking - I get sent to time out room. Did want to like this but.........
Found it, done the demo now I think I've had enough!

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Sep 22, 10 9:53 AM
Is there a walk through. Am going to trial this game but may not buy if there is no walk through.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 22, 10 10:14 AM
First of all....YOWZA!!!!!! It actually worked....after all the games we had trouble with lately. So that's already a big plus for me )
The game itself.....I'm a bit torn......it IS a good game. The graphics are really nice, you HAVE to be patient looking for stuff(which is really hard for me), you need to be very meticulous going over the whole scene with your cursor otherwise you'll probably miss something you need. Some of the items are very well hidden.Advancing through the game you earn "powers" i. e. wind, you can also earn extra hints through mini games and by finding marbles in the scene itself.

The thing that bugs me the most so far is any time you click on something wrong you get a warning...it gets on my nerves! So far I haven't managed a "time out" yet

I don't know if that game actually would need a walk through....seriously - if I can play it without - any one can!!!

So I need to do some thinking....especially since has a sale going on today and I already have a list of games I want to purchase.

OK.....went on a shopping spree and bought this one, too.
Finished the game, there are some head scratching mini games toward the end

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 12:56:29 PM PST

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Sep 22, 10 12:05 PM

Sale?!?

What sale?!?

I got no heads up about a sale!!

I wanna sale!

How do I get my own sale?

Angel

[Post New]by glennewhite on Sep 22, 10 1:18 PM
I have never felt compelled to post a comment before, BUT THIS is the most frustrating game ever. I had an hour before a meeting and thought I'd try the demo.
I got to the Pandora's box - fill-in the tiles - and I don't know whether it was right or wrong, but I am back to the circle in the hole in the floor and don't know where to go next. So, one clicks. OOPS, wrong choice. I got sent to the "punishment" room AGAIN! Will NOT purchase this one!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 22, 10 1:41 PM
_Angel_angel wrote:
Sale?!?

What sale?!?

I got no heads up about a sale!!

I wanna sale!

How do I get my own sale?

Angel

I got a email from BFG today...'Game Splash: Subscribers Only Sale'. If you're a member you should have got one,

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 1:51:00 PM PST

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Sep 22, 10 1:44 PM
While the penalty system does suck, it is overall a great game. I would buy future games from the people who produced this - as long as they learn from their mistakes here.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Sep 22, 10 2:33 PM
I have to echo many of the same issues - did not get sent to the punishment / time out room but the earthquake movement thing is irritating for one bad click

And I did have a couple of questions - what is the point? what is this woman doing? why are we going through these rooms? the story is not developed and the clicking and odd noises of the sound effects are distracting
this is a no buy for me even on discount

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 22, 10 2:34 PM
I don't want to be sent to time out like a child. I was even yelled at for clicking on the hint! Not for me.

And I did not get an email about a sale today. Not that there have been any good game (for me) lately. I have 2 credits and nothing to buy.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 22, 10 2:45 PM
gpherder wrote:While the penalty system does suck, it is overall a great game. I would buy future games from the people who produced this - as long as they learn from their mistakes here.

I liked it after I bought it with the sale. I could take my time then and do stuff to suit me. I would buy also even tho it seems childish with the penalty room, after getting into the game I didn't mind it so much. If the cursor jumped or circled or such for too many clicks the game would be very good. It kind of reminded me of the Samantha series.

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 2:47:01 PM PST

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Sep 22, 10 3:25 PM
NO WAY....life is too short for this game...

Go to: