gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 10, 10 2:19 PM
mhatfie wrote:Just curious why this game did not show up under the daily offering...... or did I miss it? I almost bought this game on another game site and am glad I didn't. It has really good reviews A+ on some sites. Also what are the genre pages? (pardon my stupidity). thanks.

This game shows up on the 50% Off Sale E-mail sent by BFG on Saturday morning. I just opened it up 'cause my computer was on the fritz. Can't wait to play!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 10, 10 2:52 PM
gailweis wrote:
mhatfie wrote:Just curious why this game did not show up under the daily offering...... or did I miss it? I almost bought this game on another game site and am glad I didn't. It has really good reviews A+ on some sites. Also what are the genre pages? (pardon my stupidity). thanks.

This game shows up on the 50% Off Sale E-mail sent by BFG on Saturday morning. I just opened it up 'cause my computer was on the fritz. Can't wait to play!

Did you get a code for it? It showed up under the newsletter "50% off sale" I get as well but when you read it and click any links, no discount applies, I don't get it ?

And they can't be talking about the games that are $4.99 as that wouldn't be 50% off.

Edited on 10/10/2010 at 2:53:47 PM PST

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Oct 10, 10 3:41 PM
I had bought this game some time ago, when it first came out. Very pleased to see that BFG had it, hopefully, they'll be getting more great LFAs.

The whole game was such a great adventure! The storyline kept me going and the scenery was just incredible! I spent a lot of time in the art gallery, just admiring everything! I can't say enough about what a great experience the whole game was! (Granted, I had to have a walkthrough handy)

Thank you BFG for offering this!

[Post New]by MIKA60441 on Oct 10, 10 4:27 PM
I bought this game because there was no try it choice, I hate it, I don't even know how to get past the first screen, I want my money back, do you think they will give it to me? not like any other hidden object game I've ever played, maybe I'm stupid, but I don't get it.............I've bought 100's of games, never asked for money back before, we'll see

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 11, 10 3:25 AM
not like any other hidden object game I've ever played
This is a Large File Adventure Game, and a hard one at that. You could ask BFG for a refund via the green envelope.

Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin

[Post New]by niktem on Oct 11, 10 5:48 AM
I never buy a game without trying it first. Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin was the first. What a big mistake I made. It is a complete waste of money. But I won't make the same mistake twice.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 11, 10 6:10 AM
niktem wrote:I never buy a game without trying it first. Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin was the first. What a big mistake I made. It is a complete waste of money. But I won't make the same mistake twice.
If you bought this game thinking it was a Hidden Object game, you should get in touch with BFG CS via the green envelope and enquire about a refund.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 12, 10 7:53 AM
gingergal wrote:
gailweis wrote:
mhatfie wrote:Just curious why this game did not show up under the daily offering...... or did I miss it? thanks.

This game shows up on the 50% Off Sale E-mail sent by BFG on Saturday morning... Can't wait to play!

Did you get a code for it? It showed up under the newsletter "50% off sale" I get as well but when you read it and click any links, no discount applies, I don't get it ?

And they can't be talking about the games that are $4.99 as that wouldn't be 50% off.

there was a block for the "play first sale" and then there were blocks advertising other BFG offerings... the sale only applied to those sixty or so games that the sale link directed you to... you didn't miss a coupon for anything else... AND the $4.99 price tag is actually half off, as they have gone to pricing all the games at $9.99 - as a member, though, the price is adjusted to $6.99... so the actual sale tag line is.... 50% off the regular price... ever run into that in a store?? i have... it's how they get you to shop!

also, now that i have played the game a bit - and found out how frustrating it can be to tell holmes to walk to the door but he bumps all over watson instead, hmmm - i can say without a doubt that i do like this game... i had a really hard time with dracula: origins but now that i've pushed my way through one, i feel that i can can handle this one without too much fuss...

and i did find one thing that referenced the awakened... at one point watson comments that barnes' [the bookseller] hasn't been quite right since they "brought back that book from from new orleans"... as a chthulu alumni, i can only imagine what deliciously arcane text they brought back to drive barnes mad... so i will probably playing that one, too, just so i can find out! ha ha ha oooohh yeah!

i also really like having an integrated strategy guide... and one that gives you hints a bit at a time so you can figure it out instead of someone saying go here and do that... the game is also not as linear as you would imagine... so keep an eye out for miscellaneous clues that might seem to mean nothing at the time, but might come in handy later!

now... i have a nemesis to contend with... and then maybe a handful of dark young...but i will stop the frenchman before i opt to enter the realm of sanity vs. death!

play on!

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Oct 12, 10 9:07 PM
I think it is going to take me a month of Sundays to get through this game. It is hard...at least for me. I have played other large file games such as Syberia I and II. This seems just a little harder to get the knack of...but hopefully it will and then I can enjoy the game and not feel stressed. Why play if it is going to stress a person.

I do like the music and also the realism to the people and their surroundings. I am hoping that once I catch on that I will like even more of the game.

I do want to say thank you Big Fish for bringing forth a new game every day. That has to be quite a challenge. I have enjoyed most of the adventure type hidden object games but I am looking forward to a sequel to Return to Ravenhearst and possibly even Syberia. I don't keep up with what is coming and what isn't from other sites...you are my only source.

You run a great business and I am sure it is hard to please all the thousands of fishies in your pond, but you sure do try. Thanks to you and all the other big fish.

OldLady50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by OldLady50 on Oct 13, 10 4:35 PM
Don't buy this unless you like to uninstall and install - and even then, if you are very lucky, it will start up and then FREEZE! I'm disappointed that Big Fish sold such a buggy, frustrating item. Can I have my 6.99 back??

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Oct 13, 10 6:20 PM
I would love to tell you that the game was awesome..and perhaps it is..but I couldn't get past the first screen - the one with "options", "new", "load"..all of that stuff, except for the one time I got to what I believe would be the first screen you see in a new game, but, for me, it looked like a pen and ink sketch - stuff was there, but no color, music, anything....so, I went to the help pages and did all the stuff they told me to do about updating this and adding that...went step by step through it all...to no avail...even uninstalled and reinstalled..like help said to...but..no Sherlock Holmes for me. I sent an email to BF and I know that customer service will be as great as they always are..and I thought I might be able to play the Sherlock Holmes Awakened game - but got the same results. Darn.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 15, 10 9:18 AM
Just by luck while browsing adventure game menue I came across this game even before it was announced. It has been a while since I have played a good LFG and I am looking forward to it. However still would liketo know if by any chance a walkthrough will be made available here at BFG. Anyhow off to start playing, Have a great week-end to all.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 19, 10 6:47 AM
OldLady50 wrote:Don't buy this unless you like to uninstall and install - and even then, if you are very lucky, it will start up and then FREEZE! I'm disappointed that Big Fish sold such a buggy, frustrating item. Can I have my 6.99 back??

This isn't a problem for the rest of us, so it may be a compatibility issue for your video card. Click the "We're Here to help" green envelope in the right hand column and contact tech support. If they can't get it to run for you, they will issue a refund.

gntpat
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gntpat on Oct 19, 10 3:39 PM
After several "chats" with Kacie in Seattle, I finally got the game to load. It should not be that difficult.
My biggest problem is that there is no menu from which to exit the game and save it for later playing. Each time I leave I must press the "Windows" key and then shut down my computer in order to stop the game. Then, I start new all over again. Today I got Holmes and Watson to the Museum, but it took an hour's play time. Too long. Now, I'm ready to quit and will have to shut down my computer again. Please find a way to exit and save the game. Surely others have found it.
Pat

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 19, 10 3:43 PM
It's standard Adventure Game stuff, gntpat. Press Esc.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Oct 20, 10 7:51 AM
For all those wanting a walkthrough there is a great in-game help system!
When you right click the game screen and go to the screen with inventory/documents/dialogue/maps etc... there is a question mark in the bottom right hand corner. click on this and you will find all the help and answers you need. Although Mr_Russ is doing an amazing job helping out here.

Just to re-iterate this is NOT just a 1st person 360 game, you can also choose a third person view. There are times when Watson keeps getting in the way which is annoying, but you learn to get around that (and him )

Great game, tough and challenging and long. Have to say some of the puzzles left me completely stumped, but the in-game help got me through those.

kickenbass
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

FANTASTIC GAME

[Post New]by kickenbass on Nov 11, 10 10:41 AM
Thank you creators and BF. I purchased this game on Oct. 10th, and completed it today Nov. 11th-

If you enjoy thinking, you will appreciate this adventure. I used calculator and patience- was worth it to defeat Arsene Lupin, lol.

Ms. Quinn

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 1, 10 3:53 AM
WARNING!!!! This is a very difficult game! I don't want to toot my own horn but I am told I am a rather intelligent person. Not playing this game! I have somewhere around 50 adventure/hidden object games from BF and another 50 adventures from stores and this one had me living in the walkthrough. The 360 view was a minus in this I think and there was never anything to let you know what you were to do next. No sense going on about it. Just not my kind of game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 1, 10 4:41 AM
Yes, it is a hard game. You should see my notes! I still had to use the walkthrough occasionally second time through.

The BFG game is the remastered version, so you can switch from 1st person 360 to 3rd person if you wish.

[Post New]by Noirkillsjazz on Jan 13, 11 9:52 AM
I really enjoyed this game! The only thing I hated was that some of the puzzles were really hard, so much so that I had to find a walkthrough online.

The thing I like the most is that you can play in 1st or 3rd person. I prefer 1st because you can see things better (IMO). And I also like that you can click on stuff and interact with the environment.

Go to: