Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:Post any Paradise Beach 2: Around the World technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Oct 5, 10 12:12 PM
Little update -- I received a reply about my bug report to Big Fish, and this is part of what they said:

These issues have been passed onto the Developer and they're working on a fix right now. If a fix is released we will post it in the Forums and on your Game Manager if the game is still installed there. Then you can reinstall the game to get it updated.

So I hope we'll see a patch soon. If not, they offer to void the game and send a replacement code for another game ( to Big Fish's superior customer service for that!)

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 12:13:48 PM PST

[Post New]by mandalamama on Oct 6, 10 9:54 AM
i did a major OOPS and when i went to spend my game credit, i spent it on PQ2 instead of PQ1 (both were in the game manager). doh!

i haven't been able to get any customer service yet, so i'll just say here that i will 1) wait for a patch within the next 2 weeks, and 2) if there's no adequate patch, i hope they will void the game and give me a credit.

and i was SO looking forward to Sandbox mode!

[Post New]by yabeda28 on Oct 8, 10 4:19 AM
Well I received by reply from Big Fish and this is what it says:

"a game crashing in the middle like this is most often a conflict between the game's video requirements and your computer's video capabilities. Updating your video card drivers is definitely a good first step. If you haven't already, it may help to make sure your Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave are updated as well. You can do that from the Flash Player and Shockwave Player pages on the Adobe site.

Not every game is completely compatible with every computer I'm afraid, so if you're still having trouble, we can certainly replace this game with a different game. If you have more questions, or if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.
"

Guess I will be asking for my money back. Really dissappointed as I liked this game.

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Oct 8, 10 8:22 AM
^ I guess that'd be their typical reply unless they know everybody else is having the exact same problems.

Still hoping for a patch, but I'm starting to be rather annoyed about it. I also contacted the developer directly twice, and didn't even receive an acknowledgement from them!

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Oct 15, 10 6:10 AM
Still no news on a fix?? I really want to complete this game!

dandello
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dandello on Oct 15, 10 10:36 AM
I had fun in the trial hour and really hope they patch this up. If they do, I will buy. There hasn't been any games released this month I want except for one. I am itching for a new game.

[Post New]by redrevolutie on Oct 17, 10 10:50 PM
Glassfairy1 wrote:Periodically the game has just crashed for no reason, but as soon as I got to level 35 it continually crashes within 30 seconds of game play. I can no longer play the game

Same here. Although it worked just fine until Level 35. And here whenever I try to build more grass platforms, it crashes, the computer says "Paradise Beach 2 isn't working anymore and will now terminate". It cannot be because of my video software, as it is up to date, and I can play much more challenging games on my PC.
Plus, the game only starts if I open it as administrator.
Anybody has any solutions this far?

[Post New]by bjh31602 on Oct 18, 10 12:03 PM
I can't catch the emus as directed. I click on them 35 times & it won't catch them.
You can't move forward until you pass this, so.......................crap!
PLEASE SEND OUT A PATCH TO FIX THIS MESS OF A GAME.......

[Post New]by bjh31602 on Oct 18, 10 12:40 PM
Game crashes and closes at level 15~~~ Come on what is this? Why should we get excited about a game if it doesn't work? Emu problem fixed for me, but now game crashes, janitors won't walk or work....trash all over sidewalks, janitor standing by trash cans... HELP!!!!!

mrsbigbig
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mrsbigbig on Oct 24, 10 1:04 PM
Still waiting for news on a patch...Trying to be patient but c'mon. I really like this game and would love to continue playing it. Gonna have to ask for my money back here soon if this continues.

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Oct 25, 10 10:18 AM
Still no fix for this? I want to finish,....this sucks.

[Post New]by Katze23 on Oct 28, 10 2:39 PM
Finally the SANDBOX is open
After playing all levels!!

During playing the game crashed a lot: patience & newstart.

I love the game and it is very nice and individual. But full of BUGS!
For Example the soundfile "Construction phase finished" changed level by level. Once it sounded like a shoot, once it made "rrroarr"... !?!

bugging!! ...newstart!

Without Patch no recommendation to buy

miau

burmese39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by burmese39 on Oct 29, 10 11:22 AM
I cannot pick up the emus any help please

burmese39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by burmese39 on Oct 29, 10 11:29 AM
bjh31602 wrote:I can't catch the emus as directed. I click on them 35 times & it won't catch them.

I am trying to get the emu's what a mess thinking of getting my money back also,
Such a same good game till then

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on Nov 2, 10 7:19 AM
I have to agree, we definitely need a patch. The "access violation errors" are
way too common. The sound glitches are bearable.
I really like this game but this is getting to be too much. I am on level 19 and
have had countless crashes.

[Post New]by ParaGamer on Nov 2, 10 9:06 PM
SpookyPigdog wrote:AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm only ten minutes into the trial and I've given up. The cursor is blue and extremely difficult to see, and it moves so sluggishly and slightly out of control that its near impossible to line up on anything, usually resulting in me clicking on the wrong thing or adding something to the wrong place. Clicking on actual moving people is just impossible!!!!

I was so looking forward to this sequel because I enjoyed the first one so much, but I never experienced these difficulties.

PS I haven't had any shutdowns or errors as such. But the Tutorial often has to be closed as I click endlessly on what the man says, but the game doesn't move forward
PPS I'll wait on an update for this game before even trying to play it

I'm having the same problems with the cursor being out of control. Like you I loved the first one and wanted to play this one. Phooey

burmese39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by burmese39 on Nov 7, 10 9:33 PM
burmese39 wrote:
bjh31602 wrote:I can't catch the emus as directed. I click on them 35 times & it won't catch them.

I am trying to get the emu's what a mess thinking of getting my money back also,
Such a same good game till then

I have had a reply and have complied with there request but the emu's are still there also I find people want to much the facilities crash sometimes with out warning and the monies does not for me build quick enough to get gold levels.
for those that enjoy, enjoy, me, I want my money back, would like to have fun not stress when playing a game

[Post New]by proverbs200430 on Nov 9, 10 8:27 AM
hi everyone I was having an issue on level 33. it crashed just a few seconds into the game. it didnt crash through the whole game till then. So I started thinking I would just go back and play level 32 again and see if it still let me play the game as i had before. yes i had to start all over in that level and lose all the stuff i had done before but it let me play the game it may not work for everyone but i was having all the crashing issues and when i did this it let me play through the whole game. I am now finished playing it but i think it may have something to do with the timeing in which the last level ended . like i think i was in the middle of building something and updating another when the level ended not saying this is the problem just saying it could have had an affect on the game somehow. anyway thought id let everyone with the crashes know you may be able to play the last level over and it let you play through the one that is crashing. hope this helps

[Post New]by corked on Nov 16, 10 5:05 PM
Sandbox mode : swamp island has no water pumps so you can't build on that island. Need water pumps for sandbox mode!

Mercurie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mercurie on Dec 31, 10 4:40 PM
I could play first 2-3 islands without troubles then in the ending two levels at the 3. or 4. island it started to tell me ACCESS VIOLATION - PROGRAM TERMINATED...

Now I'm lucky if I even get the menu open and always when I'm clicking Continue and trying to open the game I receive the same message:
ACCESS VIOLATION - PROGRAM TERMINATED

So is there a way to fix this constant bugging or how are we copensated for this waste of money ??!?

Otherwise this would be great game but since it won't open the game at all I'm really disappointed in all this.
It doesn't help to re-start computer or anything so why Am I getting this Access Violation ???

I haven't tried the sandbox mode, though I've read from here that even that doesn't seem to work with other players.
DO SOMETHING

Go to: