Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Inanga on Sep 25, 10 5:53 PM
Went through the Demo and enjoyed it so much I bought the game. Well done BFG - this is a real beaut!

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by jenkast on Sep 25, 10 8:01 PM
Wow what a great game! I love the series and this installment is very polished!

The game is priced at $6.99 but is actually a CE! Included are wallpapers, the soundtrack, integrated strategy guide and extra game play (the Epilogue) that are unlocked upon completion of the game.

I estimate this to be around 4-5 hours without skipping any puzzles. Not including the Epilogue chapter. But this will very for everyone.

No bugs or technical issues (thank goodness) and the game ran very smoothly.

Because of the extra content, great graphics, excellent voice acting and good storyline I give this game !

I thoroughly enjoyed it!

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Sep 25, 10 8:21 PM
krissywillow wrote:I'm the minority here it would seem. I didn't like this one at all. I didn't like using the viewer and I found the story/subject rather dull. I don't generally go for the "investigative" types of games. This didn't thrill me so I uninstalled after about 15 mins. On the plus side it is a well-made game. Enjoy, those who like it.

I am with you - if is indeed a well made game - good graphics etc etc etc
I played 45 minutes and uninstalled - not a buy and I agree rather dull - I do like investigative games but this was not for me either

lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by lizkgames on Sep 25, 10 8:53 PM
I am enjoying this one more than any other WMC game. Maybe it's because as time has gone on, the game developers have gotten rid of the limited hints. Also the guide is a part of the SE!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Sep 25, 10 8:56 PM
BF in my opinion, has had a lot of great games this past month, and this one another favorite for me. Actually, a very EXCELLENT game! Purchased it right away, and not sorry. No technical glitches... runs very smooth. Story line interesting. Music good, and many unique mini games. There is a built in strategy guide if one needs it. Personally, I try to solve without using hints or the guide. Once you finish the game, there is an additional mini 'epilogue' game to play, and then to top that off, one can also go back and play the seek and find for each seen again. Really a nice game, and well worth $6.99. There are also wallpapers one can use, but I personally don't use those. Anyway, I really enjoyed a relaxing evening playing this one. Thanks BF!
Happy camper here. All who are playing it... ENJOY!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Sep 25, 10 8:57 PM
DLing now. Glad to see all the favorable comments. I loved the first two, didn't much care for #3. I thought it was a real comedown. Minigames were too easy, and it just lacked something. Looking forward to playing the demo of this one...

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 25, 10 9:16 PM
I love this game so much I can't wait til the first of next month and started a 4th punch card. Was it just last month I was complaining about spending too much money? LOL

I purchased two installments in this series and never finished either one of them. Usually that indicates that I tire of a storyline or the game just doesn't keep me motivated. This installment is so much better than the other two combined!!!!

The integrated walkthrough is brilliant and I wish more developer's would follow suit. The game installed w/o a hitch with no tech problems whatsoever. Too bad I can't say the same about Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White.

The graphics, music, voiceovers, interaction are the best I've encountered in a long time. Thank you BFG.

GKj

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 9:21:15 PM PST

[Post New]by Intrepid_51 on Sep 25, 10 10:00 PM
What GrammaKj said but in one wordI "AWESOME"! I loved everything about this game! Thanks BF!!

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 10:03:11 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 25, 10 11:01 PM
Great game. Loved all of it. The puzzles are not easy and I had to have a little help occasionally. Overall a very fun and challenging game. Thanks BF.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 25, 10 11:25 PM
Today was a busy day so I didn't do my usual midnight check last night as I needed my . Nor I wasn't expecting much with the HOG drought and CEs that I'm waiting to get Oct 1st when my pocketbook will be more padded and can fill my Oct PCs.

What an awesome surprise that # 4 in the Women's Murder Club (plus Strange Cases The Tarot Card Mystery DD and I didn't have it yet) was TGT!! Its like its my !

I just finished the series and I it.. I didn't even watch the video lol..that is a first! I clicked buy and was so happy I saved one PC coupon! Thank you thank you thank you !! I know I'm going to this game! Only thing that could top this is the MCF release!

I'm giving it 5 out of 5 preplayed and a great big

*DING* download done.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee here I goooooooo!

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 11:29:14 PM PST

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Sep 25, 10 11:48 PM
just loved this game,vocies were great
the pic were real clear
story alsome
mini games hard ,but easy
liked that the guide was built right in
could not ask for a better game

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Sep 26, 10 1:54 AM
I have just finished the game and unlocked the "extras" .You can clear the **** sites which I love doing (being tidy minded I'm afraid).
The inbuilt strategy guide is great as I thought I had a glitch but realised I had not found everything to end that particular investigation .
Wonderful game very clear and good voice overs ,the story really grips you and you need to find out what happened .
I have looked on a game review site and they are giving it 5 out of 5 I totally agree !!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 26, 10 1:58 AM
I love these games and it is a definite buy for me but, alas, not until next month when I can start a new punchcard as I have already overspent this month(even by my standards ) .

Cherb

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 26, 10 2:54 AM
I own the three previous WMC games and have been happy to see that a fourth game has come out.

The gameplay is, as always, great. And so are the graphics. I loved the first search for hidden objects, where you had to look through the viewfinder by the beach. Nice idea.

Love the fact that this games comes with an in-build strategy guide, even though it's not a CE, thank goodness, and we don't have to buy the SG separately, thank goodness again.

I finished the first part in a little under 45 minutes on the demo, and will definitely buy this game.

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Sep 26, 10 6:00 AM
peglegann wrote:A walkthrough integrated into an SE?! Brilliant, thank you developers and BF.

Wish all game developers would do this, although it does make it a bit too easy to give up and get help!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 26, 10 6:05 AM
BE strong knickknackblue. Don't look until desperate.

[Post New]by Darkzulu on Sep 26, 10 11:28 AM
I am stuck after the investigation in the little town - I have completed all the tasks and the Mayor speaks after the lights are switched on. The strategy guide says this completes the investigation but nothing happens after that.

moysy1
Clownfish
Clownfish
587 Posts

[Post New]by moysy1 on Sep 26, 10 2:30 PM
I like this game so far. I really enjoyed the 1st in the series but by the 3rd game got a little fed-up in the lab , which did not stop me buying this game without trying the demo . I do not like the built-in SG. Too easy to give in and have a little cheat, NOT that I would EVER do such a thing

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Sep 26, 10 2:36 PM
After playing the demo for about 30 minutes, I went ahead and bought this game. My plan was to finish it later, but I got hooked and spent nearly all morning and part of the afternoon playing until I finished. Some of the hidden objects were a little blurry/small for me at first, but once I adjusted to the style I was able to find most without having to use a hint. The story held my interest and the scenes are clear. I had to skip a couple of the mini games but I think if I had persisted, I would have eventually figured them out. This is the first game I have played that had a strategy guide and I really liked having it available.... certainly didn't have to spend time going to a walkthrough in a different location. I just wish that there had been a two step process to the strategy guide. First a hint of how to proceed and then the complete instructions. Good job of voice acting.

Great game overall!

Although I have purchased a couple of the other games in this series, I haven't gotten around to playing them yet. I hope I won't be disappointed when I do play them because this game is fantastic! Being earlier versions, they may not be up to the high standards that this game sets.

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Sep 26, 10 4:25 PM
Darkzulu wrote:I am stuck after the investigation in the little town - I have completed all the tasks and the Mayor speaks after the lights are switched on. The strategy guide says this completes the investigation but nothing happens after that.

This is where I got stuck did you get the piece of fabric on the hole cut in the garage workshop fence ? That's what I had missed

Margatonian

Go to: