Re:Your Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 26, 10 8:41 AM
No buy for me. I have a credit I have been trying to use but there is nothing worth using it for. This game is just boring and sometimes frustrating. Those runes are a pain in the neck, give us a decent hint system. Some of the items are so faded into the background you have to go blind to find them! Dull, a complete waste of time and money.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 26, 10 8:49 AM
I have stayed up past my bed time to play some more of this lovely game. I like the hint system, and the puzzles are a little different but not so frustrating that I cannot solve them. A couple were a real challenge to figure out and there was only one that I skipped. I love the music, and this is one game where you really can get in the whole mood of it...Those who quit way too early may want to give it another try. I think you may be surprised.

Lilac657
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac657 on Sep 26, 10 9:00 AM
While assembling the map of the kingdom, before I could move the last piece, it said I was finished and locked up! Strange....

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 26, 10 9:15 AM
Hey everyone!

The King Arthur forum is up and running, I'm going to move this thread over to the full forum.

bfgTigris

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Sep 26, 10 9:15 AM
Boring.....

A retelling of King Arthur's story. Does anyone not know it?

As far as game play, it's just a straight HOG. The first scene (2?) did not have a hint system which I found very frustrating. After that, there is a hint system of sort but I really hate it.... find the runes to recharge hints. But they have to be the right runes. And you can't "stockpile" hints! I think that if you have to find things to get more hints instead of having them charge automatically, you should be able to have more than one hint to help with those times when you really have problems. Here you have four different kinds of hints, one each. Personally, I don't see why there is 4 different kinds. They all do basically the same thing--find the object.

The mini games are extremely easy so far. As I said, boring.

I finished the trial to see if the game got any better but I am not spending $6.99 or a game credit to keep on going.

I cannot comment on the voice or the music since I am deaf but the graphics are very nice.

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Sep 26, 10 9:23 AM
Played demo for about half an hour....

Simply put, it did not hold my interest long enough to complete the demo. And, the dialogue was really annoying.

Don't think I will buy this.

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Sep 26, 10 9:24 AM
pass. boring. couldnt make it thru the trial.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 26, 10 9:36 AM
I have played 20 minutes of the demo and am about to go into the forest. It is a nice HOG and I am enjoying the storytelling by Merlin.

Cons: Not having any hints with the first two scenes and no help text, or tutuorial, on how the hint system works. I assume since I found all of the runes I don't need to collect any more until I use one?? What does each one do? If anyone has figured this out, would you kindly provide some instructions. Thanks!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 26, 10 9:43 AM
dk5793 wrote:
jkuci wrote:
jkuci wrote:….I have downloaded the game and get no futher than the welcome screen.

No main menu of the game appears with Options and does not ask me for player - just static welcome screen.

It just goes no futher than the welcome and stops.

Some orchestral music - no voice.

Nothing else......

Uninstalled and re-installed with the same result - no game.
Not having this problem with other new games...I don't believe its any "out of date" driver issues

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus program before reinstalling? And also, it might help to restart the system between uninstall and reinstall. I've found that doing these two things sometimes (not always, but sometimes) works for me.

Thanks, I'll try that now...

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Sep 26, 10 9:48 AM
What developer thought this game was a good idea?????

You need a hint button occassionally.....and unfortunately didn't get far enough to figure out how to "earn" one.

This is a definite no buy for me. A big mistake all around.

[Post New]by dmc5808 on Sep 26, 10 9:52 AM
Don't know if this game is lousy or not cause I had the same problem as jkuci and followed all the suggestions with no luck so I ditched it.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 26, 10 9:54 AM
No technical problems with the game, only extreme boredom.... . Too much story spilling out on the bottom of the screen. I love the Arthur legend and I suppose this is an attempt to educate on the substance of the legend, and in that regard the extra wordage is good. Some may like that. I didn't get very far in the demo. It just didn't hold my interest.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 26, 10 10:04 AM
dmc5808 wrote:Don't know if this game is lousy or not cause I had the same problem as jkuci and followed all the suggestions with no luck so I ditched it.

In the end, nothing helped me, either....

MOTAL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by MOTAL on Sep 26, 10 10:29 AM
jencollett the preying mantis is on the shelf to the right. I was discouraged by first with all of the storyline I just pushed escape button and it started the game without all the reading. It's not the best game. I couldn't find any hint button either. Don't think I will buy. I will wait for a DD and then maybe.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 26, 10 10:33 AM
I played at least half of the demo. I did not find anything that held my interest.
I deleted. Won't be buying this one, even if it was on sale.
As someone else mentioned, I did not find it to be a quality game.
Will pass. Maybe tomorrow.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Sep 26, 10 10:35 AM
I agree I love the legend (and once lived near Tintagel). this would be fairly alright - if I could gag Merlin and the "autowrite"... I think I'll have to pass on this one - disapointing

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 26, 10 11:04 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
_Angel_angel wrote:

ETA: Yeah, I thought this felt a little familiar.

Remember that fine game a few months ago?

Think Dorothy and Toto.

Ah-ha! That explains a bit about why this game was so dogawful!!!
Thanks for that tidbit Angel, now I will never regret not finishing the demo or deleting the game so soon... This was just really, really bad and it's a shame because I love the King Arthur, Merlin, Knights of the Roundtable myths, legends, stories, etc..

Too bad

P.S. jkuci: I really think that your PC is trying to do you a big favor here. LOLOL

P.S.S. Did anyone but me want to poke Merlin with that staff of his to try to get him to talk a little faster?? If I had only been given a chance....

LOl have to totally agree with the last bit of the above post and its a great pity none of us could do it

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 11:06:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 26, 10 11:17 AM
Sorry but I must agree, the game is unplayable. I am an Arthurian fan and really was excited when this game was released. After spending an inordinate amount of time trying to find a @#$$@&^%## mirror I decided this is not for me. Love the premise, hate the mechanics of the game. Definately a no buy for me also

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 11:18:51 AM PST

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Sep 26, 10 11:33 AM
It seems that the folks who hate this game are turned off by the need to establish the hint system through gameplay. I actually thought this was a clever way to get into the game! I guess I really like the game since the hour demo snuck up on me.
Likes: A different setting/theme line from vampires, missing parents, ship wrecks.
Nice graphics with no anacronistic (sp?) items.
Bell/chime sounds when objects are found. I think they actually play a tune!
Easy mini-games. Didn't hurt my brain!

Dislikes: Hint system. I could have done with a more thorough explanation, but then, I didn't go into the "Rune manual" to read it, so my bad.
Slow word by word printing of Merlin's dialog. It annoyed me less if I just listened to him and didn't try to follow that printing!

Will I buy? If I have an open credit or a sale.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 26, 10 11:58 AM
I, like many others here, love the story of King Authur, Merlin, etc. I was very excited to see this game. Read reviews while downloading and thought, oh no .
In all honesty, it's not that bad. I can't see myself replaying as least for a long time, but would enjoy it for a DD.
All the comments about no hints, sparkles are all in the first few minutes of game. After you get the journal, map and the sword parts you leave on a journey to learn all about Arthur.
Although I really didn't like the hint system as I couldn't really understand how to use more that the first two options it wasn't too difficult to just use an eyeball hint and then refill by finding runes.
You get to choose areas on the map to do different challenges. The mini-games are quite easy. The picture was clear enough, not what we're used to though. The music was very appropriate and seems to be a relaxing game if one is in the mood for just being quiet and playing along. I won't purchase this game now but surely would if a DD in the future.

Go to: