JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any King Arthur technical issues here only

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Sep 28, 10 7:23 PM
I tried to download the demo, three times. I have the same issues as most here...it was glacially slow, it took 14 minutes to get to the page with the sword in the stone, and there it sat for another 4 minutes without anything more filling in. Sometimes the games will run better for me if I don't have it on "full screen", but in this case I couldn't even get to the Options to change it. I had to Ctrol-Alt-Del to get rid of the thing, and even then it was locking up the comp so bad it took awhile for the task manager to come up. So, that's how I spent my hour demo time. It sounded like a good game, it's a shame.

[Post New]by Maelianitha on Sep 28, 10 9:42 PM
I can get this game running ok - with some effort.

When I first booted up the game, the screen enlarged to full screen and the graphics went screwy. using alt+enter, I changed to windowed mode and everything works perfectly well.

After playing for a little bit I was finding it really hard to locate items, because in windowed mode everything is really small. So I tried to go full screen.

Full screen = doesn't work. Graphics completely mess up. I had to alt+enter again to get back into windowed mode.

I've given up on the game now and haven't purchased it because I'm getting too frustrated trying to find tiny items on the small windowed mode.

[Post New]by owlbill on Sep 29, 10 1:29 AM
I played the trial and it was very good so I bought the game...wrong move it now is playing up. I click an object but it won't collect it, I have gone onto another scene but same thing happens. Not very happy as it looks to be an interesting game. And yes done all the usual remove and restart and reload but still the same.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Sep 29, 10 6:35 AM
I have same problem as others.I get as far as welcome banner.At least it is only trial so it doesn't cost.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 29, 10 8:35 PM
I will wait until the technical issues are solved. I downloaded once and this game would not play. BF solutions to tech problems are always (in their words) something wrong with my computer. I download larger file games than this one and very seldome have problems. This is a technical issue with the game designer and should be addressed before offered for pay and play. Take care of your problems BF, don't blame my computer or upgrades you think I may need. I can prove you wrong by immediately downloading another game with no problems. Sorry....BF

[Post New]by lilyrose1 on Sep 30, 10 9:19 PM
Loaded King Arthur it loaded seemly fine, then went to play it only got half a screen. The voice and what picture I could see were fine. This was the trial version. Im not even gonna think about buying it. I love 'The Adventures of Merlin' but this game SUCKS!!!!!!!

You tech guys should REALLY think about improving it, maybe you wouldn't get so many complaints?????

I WAS looking forward to playing it huge BUMMER!!!!!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 1, 10 7:14 AM
wow.... another game with issues....i got to the 'play' button' and it went to 'stupid i not going there!'...for the last month i have 'try it' and there have been multiple tech issues...bought four games the month before (aug) and thank goodness only one was corrupt...only thing was it was a gift for DGD,,,i think it may be o.k now since i believe it was updated?....not sure what is going on...prior purchases from april to aug...i only had ONE dr felix fix....i currently have had all updates done to my hard drive...thinking that would be my solve on this end.... must be doing some kind of 'fix up web with add conviences' OR getting some bad games developed by 'quik fix, make money dev's'....not sure...but my punchcard coupons are on hold..just have to 'pray ' cuz i have to use before expire....very flustrated customer at this point...by the way...have never used another site...have trusted from day 1....but ?

eta: cajun cop another 'foo paw'

Edited on 10/01/2010 at 7:16:13 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 1, 10 9:45 AM
Hey Fishies,

Those of you experiencing half screens, please make sure that the correct screen resolution settings are set up:

Screen Resolution

For those of you experiencing screen clickers or if the game is freezing, please check to see that your system is up to date. Here's a great help article for that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already gone through these steps, please write in to Tech Support so that they can assist you further. To do this, please click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 1, 10 9:35 PM
Tried 3 times to install the demo of this game and got no further than the welcome, screen. Waited and waited and waited. It's a no go on me for any game that is this difficult to download. BF, you got to get it together pretty soon or I'm leaving. Can't even find any recent largefile games. You just quit making them and began with thosse stupid timed games like diner dash, etc. Will find somewhere else real soon as everyone is lowering their prices like you. Hurry up and hire some people that know what they're doing. Lots of talented people are looking for work.. Give them a break.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

60 minute trial

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Oct 2, 10 2:33 AM
I couldn't even get the trial to download. I tried twice. I am running Windows XP.

????

KD

Connie_O
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Connie_O on Oct 2, 10 1:55 PM
Downloaded just fine. Loaded just fine. Everything fine until I got to the map to piece back together. When I was done I pushed the "OK" button--nothing. Finally did a CAD and got a black screen and a message stating "King Arthur has stopped working". Never seen an error message like that before. Did another CAD and exited through the task manager. Uninstalled...don't have time for problem games.

[Post New]by chester13 on Oct 4, 10 2:58 PM
the game will not fit in my screen, it has a blank space on the right side and I cannot see the full game, I have tried options and clicked off full screen and it does not come in at all

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Oct 5, 10 11:32 AM
I was really excited to try this one. My screen kept flashing to black and after reading about everyone's trouble with this game I am going to same myself some time and find something else to play.

[Post New]by katbanshee1 on Oct 6, 10 1:13 AM
Memoryamethyst wrote:The speed of the intro dialogue is annoyingly slow.

Big fish, I think most of us would rather have "a new game every third day" if it meant that your QA team actually had enough time to properly QA the games. Once we try a game on the first day and it fails to impress, we write that game off entirely, even if at a later date you fix the bugs.

Actually, I had no "technical" issues with this game. I was running it as usual in WXP with lots of gigs, everything up to date, but Memoryamethyst, your comment practically had me ROTFL about the speed (or lack, thereof) of the intro, and the timing of QA release. I had a hard time finding some items on my HUGE 20-inch screen, simply because they are practically INVISIVIBLE, and I used a high-powered magnifiying glass to find that so-called, "star." That took up most of my time on the demo. I think it has everything to do with the coloring and contrast on your PC. What I don't understand, once I caught on to the hint system, is why in the heck BF doesn't produce a walk-through for this game for those "Fishies" that have tiny screens, and can't quite comprehend the "rune" hints. Come on, BF, you produce them for much simpler HOGs, and that is the ONLY reason I have not bought it. I HATE pixel-hunting, and I especially HATE invisible items slapped right on the front of a post that I cannot particularly see the outlines of because my color is differerent than the color of the screen and PC's of the devs. Believe me, I know how to use the filters and Gamma on NVideo.

[Post New]by katbanshee1 on Oct 6, 10 1:55 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

I really appreciate the effort for live chat, but do you have any idea how many people have the same hours (and more) that work in California, alone? Isn't that where you guys keep the same hours? I don't know a boss alive, that would appreciate those that work in their offices following a personal gaming problem during work hours... Any chance you guys could offer live chat after hours for those that work the same hours you do? I realize you work hard, and it does have financial implications. You do have excellent CS, otherwise. There are those out there that would do it on a volunteer basis. Have you tried anyone at Cal Tech or USC that are working for degrees in computer tech services, just for the references and experience? Of course, it's probably an Intranet (security) thing... Just a thought for your Execs. Others work with colleges that don't have that problem.

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 1:57:38 AM PST

[Post New]by badbigbob on Oct 7, 10 5:35 AM
I am having the same problem as your other contributers. Is there a patch or any other solution.
This is well annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robert56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by robert56 on Oct 7, 10 8:22 AM
i have downloaded this game 5 times and still no joy, get as far as sign in screen which is only half of screen and nothing i have 30mins left without even playing it ,, not going to buy

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Oct 17, 10 11:46 AM
When I click on an item, it doesn't do anything, so I can't go on to another level.
Also, are there hints?

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Oct 24, 10 8:28 AM
The Mac version doesn't open.

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Nov 22, 10 9:59 AM
I'm running Vista and this game just will not go past the options menu and that took 20mins.
Looked like a good game, cant see I will ever be able to play it. I used a credit to purchase it so I dont feel quite so bad but..... from now on I will look in the forums for reviews etc from all you guys and girls before ordering. Wish I had known before. Being fairly new to gaming, got a lot to learn about technical issues and the old grey matter aint what it used to be. LOL

Go to: