crea8ive
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome

[Post New]by crea8ive on Sep 28, 10 9:05 PM
Really enjoying this game!

Great graphics, loads quickly and no problems at all. The first few levels are really easy and then it gets a lot harder to beat the clock. Have managed all levels on gold so far and have completed the first 20 levels. Great game

[Post New]by littleoracle on Sep 29, 10 10:36 AM
Well, I feel this is a copy of "My Kingdom for the Princess" but I loved it! I can't stand when characters are dumb, meaning they can only go in a straight line, can only cut down trees that are in a specific area - this game thinks outside the box which is great! I loved how on one level I was low on wood but was able to cut down the dead tree for an extra supply. Very cool! I like how I can get FOUR workers instead of just three. This is a time-consuming game - not frustrating like MKFTP, which I have still yet to get all gold on. If I have to go to a guide to help solve a game, I don't feel satisfied.

On a downside, the bonuses are kind of useless. They're not "on" long enough for me to really boost my supply such as in MKFTP. Also, I would have loved it to be much longer as I finished the entire game in one night. I'd love a sequel and be willing to pay for a collector's edition if it were nice and long. Busy games help shut my head off and when it's over, I'm bummed. :-) Still, loved it.

[Post New]by rubykadog on Sep 29, 10 10:45 AM
Loved the game during the trial so I bought it. Now I am having issues with the download. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled without firewall protection. Not very happy right now. Was looking forward to playing today Can anyone help me?

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 2, 10 4:00 PM
I love this game, it takes time to play and burns up my bordom. I think it's one of the cutest games yet.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Oct 2, 10 6:50 PM
Love this game but am at 35 and don't know where to find 9 units of gold. I have 8 but no where to get the other unit. Soooo sorry that is level 39 and still cannot find the other unit of gold.

Edited on 10/02/2010 at 6:59:33 PM PST

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Awesome game!

[Post New]by boptab on Oct 3, 10 8:46 AM
I reached expert level on all 40! Yes, I had 2 play several levels over and over. But, unlike similar games this was much easier, 4 me. Hope they come out with a part 2 soon.

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 8:57:41 AM PST

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

MKFP 2

[Post New]by boptab on Oct 3, 10 8:56 AM
Oh yes, I agree with some many others that I'm very fustrated with not getting the gold on 3 levels on MKFP 2. It seems no matter what I did still not good enough. I played for hours and hours. Until my hands hurt. I loved the first one, don't know if I'd buy another. Hmmmm, have to wait and see since I'm addicted to these games!

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 9:00:23 AM PST

[Post New]by suzy09 on Oct 4, 10 10:10 AM
Even though it is similar to MKFP, I love the game and purchased it. I think the graphics are better and the option to upgrade your resources is great. I hope they come out with part 2 soon.

ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Oct 7, 10 12:12 PM
I loved this game! I am a HUGE fan of 'My Kingdom for the Princess' and of 'Royal Envoy' so this was a godsend for me! I hope they come out with more like this! =]

PS: anxiously awaiting the sequel to 'Royal Envoy' that is my top favorite!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 7, 10 7:00 PM
If you like MKFTP and this game, you may also like:

Aerie - just came out this week, similar to this one.

Island Realms - this is an older game and has some bugs (can work around), but is really nice once you figure it out (not much of a tutorial). It has lots of levels and is quite re-playable. Definitely worth a "try it" if you are looking for something similar.

CazGamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CazGamer on Oct 8, 10 9:31 AM
I enjoyed the upgraded graphics in this game versus My Kingdom for the Princess, which, to me, is an almost identical clone. This one is fun and I enjoyed playing it.Thanks BFG.

Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome

[Post New]by cathie13 on Oct 8, 10 4:01 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Roads of Rome? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by cathie13 on Oct 8, 10 4:04 PM
Love the game, BUT there needs to be a way to extend or turn off the timer for those of us who are slower than the programmers think we should be. It is very frustrating to go over the same section time after time only to have the game say you can do better. Hey guys if I could I would. Have mercy on us older and/or slower players. I would like to have a chance to get to the end of the game. Getting permanently stuck on level 7 is not my idea of a good game.
Cathie

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Oct 9, 10 5:12 AM
Absolutely loved this game. Very entertaining, very challenging (some levels had to be replayed about 4 times to get gold!). Overall exercised the grey matter in terms of strategy and time planning, and provided some attractive visuals and relaxing music as well. Sequel now please?

[Post New]by catsmeow31 on Oct 9, 10 9:27 AM
I can't believe so many people say this is easier than MKFP2. I got expert on both MKFP every level easily, but I can only get expert on about 7 levels of this game. I think it is 10 times harder. My game is kinda jumpy and I tried the walkaround for that someone posted, but I can't find any file named that. It is still a fun game and I am glad I bought it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 14, 10 7:48 PM
catsmeow31 wrote:I can't believe so many people say this is easier than MKFP2. I got expert on both MKFP every level easily, but I can only get expert on about 7 levels of this game. I think it is 10 times harder. My game is kinda jumpy and I tried the walkaround for that someone posted, but I can't find any file named that. It is still a fun game and I am glad I bought it.

I 100 % agree with you! I have finished it today and had also only gold on maybe 7-10 levels. Its a very hard game, definetely not easier as My Kingdom for the princess.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 7:49:36 PM PST

[Post New]by IntelligentLife on Oct 17, 10 1:22 PM
Absolutely ADORE this one! It's like they took MKFP and Royan Envoy and meshed the two together with a little Build-A-Lot thrown in for good measure! There were several I had to re-do more than three times but I finally got expert on all levels and all 4 statues carved out. I would LOVE to see another one like this but maybe with a Victorian flair like BAL could have done. You know, cobblestone roads and candy-colored Victorian homes and coach-n-four for traveling, etc. I'll keep wishing!

Sounds are perfect
Music good
Graphics get an A+
Movement smooth and streamlined

Woo Hoo!

level 7

[Post New]by tmg29445 on Oct 22, 10 6:18 AM
Any ideas. I cant get past this level. I get 2 secs from the end when the timer ends. Any help would be greatly appreciaited. I want to play this game but I wont if I cant get past level 7.

cappy54
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cappy54 on Nov 9, 10 4:53 PM
OK!!! I am at level 24 now...They seem easier than the beginning...Those roads can be tricky making sure you have enough stone and food!...Keep at it everyone...Good Luck...

[Post New]by NewGameAddict on Nov 19, 10 4:33 PM
Like it almost as much as MKFTP (which I luv!). But Is it my imagination or does it sound like someone is mumbling? I'd better turn up the volume and see what he's saying!

Go to: