govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Post any Roads of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 29, 10 9:20 AM
I think it is also only the newer ATI cards. I have only had this new card a couple of months- the games that are now broken worked fine with my old ATI card - even Roads to Rome as I had tried a beta version which ran no problem.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Sep 29, 10 12:01 PM
Yep, I see where you are coming from govegril. Have you tried writing to the developer? Have you put in a customer service request with BFG? Maybe they will get a new build of this game.
Sorry...

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 29, 10 12:46 PM
Yes I wrote to Realore- they responded and told me to change graphic card settings .... came to a dead end.

I could write BFG about it, but I don't see much point as either the developer has to make a build to turn the 3d is off or ATI have to alter their driver.

Thanks so much for taking such an interest and trying to help out here cstdenis.
It is really appreciated.

Sanderella
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Sanderella on Sep 30, 10 11:14 AM
Hi Fishies...

To add to the debate, I'm running Vista 32-bit with an nVidia card. When Roads of Rome ran jerky for me, I updated the driver, but there was no change.

Tried the BFG Game Manager workaround, and the game is still jerky. I REALLY want to buy this game (I LOVE MKFTP and replay them both often), is there any word of a fix??

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Sep 30, 10 3:33 PM
I'm having the same problem as a couple of other posters: no cursor. This is the third game that I have demo'd that doesn't have a cursor. The one game worked after being put in windowed mode, but that made the details too small to be seen. My son did the magic of getting the game into the windowed mode. I tried with the options bar as I could tell where the cursor was supposed to be by the color change. Then there was no change on the pop-up and I couldn't do anything. Frustrating. I've been enjoying the My Kingdom for the Princess games and was looking for one more game to use my coupon on before it expires. I'll have to look somewhere else.

Nessikk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nessikk on Oct 1, 10 12:59 AM
! ! !
Here goes the promised ATI fix
[removed by moderator]
This will help to solve the black screen prob.

With the no cursor problem you can do the following: swich on the windowed mode (Alt + enter), open game settings, unselect the game cursor [removed by moderator] and choose the full screen mode.
This should help.

Edited on 06/27/2011 at 11:32:42 AM PST

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Oct 1, 10 1:13 AM
I have a completely different issue. No cursor. I spent a good 5 minutes trying to change the Options to fix this but, without a cursor, hitting the Option buttons is beyond my scope of patience.

Bummer. I really wanted to play this game. I've only run into this issue with three other (really old) games ever so I'm not sure what the problem is, though I do refuse to buy a wired mouse to see if that's it.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 2, 10 9:56 AM
Hey Fishies,

If you're experiencing issues with lag, a black screen or an access violation, please take a look at these help articles:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

If you've already gone through these steps, please contact Tech Support with as much information as you can (including the steps and updates you've already done) so that they can further help and collect more information on these issues.

To do this click on the green envelope to the right. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on Oct 3, 10 2:59 PM
I'm using an ATI Radeon HD4850 running the 10.8 Catalyst drivers on Windows 7 64 bit, and had the black screen problem at the start of level 1.

I updated the ATI catalyst drivers to the 10.9a hotfix drivers and everything works perfectly now.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 3, 10 3:07 PM
well, i don't have any real technical issues... i mean, the game downloaded fine and opens fine and the music is nice...

i'm just missing a cursor - ???

i tried floating it, marking and unmarking the cursor box in the options tab... do you know how long it takes to check a box when it doesn't highlight??

i'm going to try to reinstall it and see if that helps... otherwise, it will just go down as failed attempt to criticize a game that probably didn't like me anyway!

PGONZ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by PGONZ on Oct 4, 10 6:06 AM
I love this game but it keeps running sluggish, jerky, very slow movement. This causes me to run out of time and lose the game. I have tried the help solutions but the game is still running very slow. I have tried uninstalling and everything else in the help/ technical support info. I have Windows Vista 64-bit with up-to-date NVIDIA card and AMD Phenom X4 processor. This should run just about anything. Is there a number I can call to speak with someone in technical support??

FLOYDC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by FLOYDC on Oct 4, 10 5:05 PM
anyone get an answer to the black flickering screen problem. i have that same problem

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 4, 10 9:17 PM
Nessikk wrote:! ! !
Here goes the promised ATI fix
[removed by moderator]
This will help to solve the black screen prob.

thank you - i grabbed this the other day and did not try it as my card is HD5750, desperate today as another game black screened I tried it and it works. All the games I was having issues with now work fine.

thanks again!

FLOYDC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by FLOYDC on Oct 5, 10 7:52 PM
how do you bypass game manager?. my roads to rome goes black when i try to play it

Level 16 out of 40 Issue Roads of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by roonmom on Oct 6, 10 12:16 PM
I'm on level 16 out of 40 (Episode 2, Level 7). You need to collect 70 pieces of wood. However, I get to 70 and higher and it still says I haven't achieved the goal. It tells me I have 0 left of wood to get but wont let me win. I can't get past this level - definite issue!

Are there any fixes for this game?

PGONZ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by PGONZ on Oct 10, 10 6:29 AM
I love this game but it keeps running sluggish, jerky, very slow movement. This causes me to run out of time and lose the game. I have tried the help solutions but the game is still running very slow. I have tried uninstalling and everything else in the help/ technical support info. I have Windows Vista 64-bit with up-to-date NVIDIA card and AMD Phenom X4 processor. This should run just about anything. Is there a number I can call to speak with someone in technical support??

[Post New]by katshirley on Oct 11, 10 6:00 AM
I can't see the arrow during game play. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a quick fix?

[Post New]by catsmeow31 on Oct 12, 10 5:53 PM
PGONZ wrote:I love this game but it keeps running sluggish, jerky, very slow movement. This causes me to run out of time and lose the game. I have tried the help solutions but the game is still running very slow. I have tried uninstalling and everything else in the help/ technical support info. I have Windows Vista 64-bit with up-to-date NVIDIA card and AMD Phenom X4 processor. This should run just about anything. Is there a number I can call to speak with someone in technical support??

I have the exact same problem. I have windows vista home premium. I have tried everything and can not solve the jerky laggy problem. It is impossible to get expert on the levels.

[Post New]by Dierdre on Oct 13, 10 8:40 AM
govegril wrote:
larascupboard wrote:I can't play this game.

I get through to the first task of building a road and when I click anywhere on the screen, game says click to continue, all hell breaks loose. My monitor goes black then flicks rapidly between the BF game manager and the desktop and a blank screen. The only way to end the ruthless cycle is via alt/tab.

Was looking forward to this one.

same here-

I am having the same problem

FawnMart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FawnMart on Oct 19, 10 12:38 PM
PGONZ wrote:I love this game but it keeps running sluggish, jerky, very slow movement. This causes me to run out of time and lose the game. I have tried the help solutions but the game is still running very slow. I have tried uninstalling and everything else in the help/ technical support info. I have Windows Vista 64-bit with up-to-date NVIDIA card and AMD Phenom X4 processor. This should run just about anything. Is there a number I can call to speak with someone in technical support??

Same for me.. Windows Vista 64-bit with up-to-date NVIDIA card only difference is Intel processor.. have tried every one's suggestionsa and all of the tech support directions, applied every possible update etc etc. My builders in MKFTP 1 + 2 run like the wind. These builders appear to have their shoes tied. After level 6 or so the game cant complete in time to move on. Really hope the BIG fish will get a fix for us.

Go to: