sunimae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction

[Post New]by sunimae on Oct 2, 10 1:58 PM
Ok, I got as far as to finding the map to crawl thru the ventilation system, but it isn't there anymore, in my inventory, and game won't let me go back to that room and look for it again, and I 'm tired of plodding around offices that remind me when I worked as a temp and I'm hoping the savvy Russians who did Elixir of Immortalitiy or the Redrum folks, Or Dreamscape or Puppeteer, or the others who take me out of my ordinary life to beautiful places that don't exist, instead of sorting through rubble/clutter that looks too much like my actual/physical/non-virtual life....

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Oct 2, 10 4:05 PM
hydrogibbon wrote: There was one slider puzzle I actually had to skip and I'm quite good at those. I got so stuck I couldn't move things and there was no reset button. When I left the scene and came back it was right where I had left it so I finally had to give up in frustration and skip it.

Hi, hydrogibbon,

There is a reset button for all slider ("Traffic Jam") puzzles. It's at the bottom right hand of the screen. It looks like an arrow going around in a circle.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Oct 5, 10 11:49 AM
carolinacat, I'm with you!! Those sweeping camera views make me seasick! I will not be looking at this one for review.
Also, doctorgood, thanks for the comments. I agree, things seem to be getting out of hand with some reviewers.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Oct 8, 10 6:37 PM
I just finished playing and was disappointed this was not as challenging as the first one, the mini-games to me were more involved in this it was basically fit items into an area, slide objects around to get one out and put pieces back together. i hope three will be more challenging like the first.

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Oct 9, 10 1:06 PM
I really enjoyed this game! The architecture and photo-realistic elements and graphics create a very pleasing atmosphere. While the incorporation of object hunting and mini game scenes flowed together quite nicely.

Oh and you can change the screen resolution in the game menu so that it fits! I really appreciate that.

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on Oct 11, 10 5:58 PM
I will preface these comments by stating that this is just my opinion and I respect those whose feelings differ from mine. I would also note that I played this game in Casual Mode, however I do not believe my opinion would be substantially changed if I had opted for the Advanced level.

I played The Fall Trilogy Chapters 1 and 2 on two consecutive days this week. Both games were highly respected in the Forums, so I had high expectations; perhaps too high! Although I found some challenge in the first Chapter, I did not enjoy this version at all. The storyline lost any appeal when the main character inexplicably woke up in an office building. This seemed a complete non-sequiter to me - what happened to the beautiful temple from Chapter 1?

The games were easy (perhaps because I played on Casual Mode), but still lacked proper instruction. The flow of this game was very slow and I never captured the real objective of the story. Most of the tasks were very tedious and reminded me of a really bad day at work - Spoiler Alert - i.e. - printer out of paper, losing a security pass, accidentally shredding paper, etc. In my opinion, the challenges in this game did nothing to progress the storyline.

Regarding the details of the game, the graphics were fine and the voiceover was clear, if a little annoying. I really miss the introduction of 'other characters' in these games. It's a bit boring and isolated to play in the first person as a single character with no other human interaction.

Again, this game leaves one hanging in anticipation of the third Chapter. Sadly, this game did nothing to pique my interest in the continuing story, and I won't be buying the next version. Guess I'll never know if this guy finds out his true identity.

[Post New]by ladydee1967 on Oct 15, 10 1:22 AM
Okay so I played the game. I was excited when I saw it was available because I loved the first one. A couple of things though....I didnt really like this one. One main reason it was too short. I generally play games for an hour every morning (way to wake up and not get in my head too much) on casual mode. Most games last me a week...this one maybe three mornings. I generally can get into games and forget about things...this one made me say "huh what is he thinking?" I also had to use the walk through quite a bit too (this may have been due to turning off brain too much though). This game seemed like one of those where the developers were thinking "okay lets have them go back and forth to different places as a way to extend game play".
The one thing I loved about this game were the slider puzzles.. They were challenging.
Hope everyone has a great day.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Oct 24, 10 3:29 AM
I'm a few hours into the game and am enjoying it a lot. I preferred the first one, which immersed me in its natural beauty, but I love that this one has similar graphics and gameplay and likable character (though I wish he had more connection to the one from the first game...what happened to make him wind up in an office??? perhaps I'll find out?)

Anyway I think this game is really well-made with great puzzles (I haven't skipped any on "easy") and fewer HOG scenes (yay!!!) and just the right level of help (no walkthrough for a change!) and I can't wait to find out what the third one is like! I'm so glad it's a trilogy!!! Thank you for offering another GREAT game.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Oct 25, 10 10:29 AM
I ned help!!! How do you get to the basement?????

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 30, 10 11:56 PM
so, i've had this one sitting in my game manager for a while... i was scared to play it because of the difficulty i had with the flash effects in the first one, but...

in the demo time i've played, there hasn't been a lot of flashing and i was actually able to maneuver the character and solve the puzzles without wishing i hadn't played the game at all!

i like this one more also because of the setting... a random 'real-world' executive building actually is starting to look much better to me... i think i've had enough lost temples and ancient ruins to last me a lifetime - sorry to say it, but it's true...

the graphics are very clear in this one, i haven't had any really obscured, really teeny-tiny stuff to deal with and that's nice and the soundtrack is so subdued that i really didn't pay much attention to it, kinda like someone put some white noise in and... the voice actor for 'john' is the same as in the first game, so it's nice having that kind of consistency...

it's also the same format - look in this direction or switch to 360 - must say that i'm a huge of fan of clicking on arrows! not so much the 360 and having an operational map of the area you're casing is a plus - love that you can always view where live cameras are and change them via the control room...

what makes me consider passing on this game is the over simplification of the game's style... granted, there are different levels of difficulty which one can play, but i guess i just felt that some of the "what do i do now?" that was in the first game of the series has been replaced with "i may not know what i'm doing, but i'm doing it anyway" really?? the puzzles [for the most part] are still somewhat inventive, but most are fairly easy and quick to complete... and some have nothing to do with the game at all - ???

so - the game has a lot going for it - but it's definitely an every man for himself decision... and right now, i'm leaning towards 'no' but seriously, give it a try - you may find you like this one!

[Post New]by kagome25 on Nov 8, 10 3:45 AM
skippy_tramp wrote:I ned help!!! How do you get to the basement?????

here you go! i found the walkthrough : http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-fall-trilogy-chapter-2-reconstruction-walkthrough/

good luck! you will enjoy it!

pitgull
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pitgull on Nov 8, 10 4:34 PM
I enjoyed Chapter 1 and, when I was done, I immediately bought chapter 2. However, there is a glitch! Once I got the safe open in the Top Management office, it wouldn't let me stay in the safe - it popped me out. So I looked around and nothing happened.
So I went to the walkthrough which says that there's supposed to be a checkbook that appears on the desk after the safe is open and you're supposed to trace the signature. Problem is, no checkbook ever appears. I've tried going into the safe several time to try to trigger the checkbook appearance but .... nothing. I thought I'd skip the checkbook part and move on to the next part but it looks like I have to do the checkbook to move on. So now I'm stuck. Should I reinstall the game and start over? Or is the glitch going to be there again?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 10, 10 4:58 AM
Bought the first one ages ago and only played it today, loved it so I nearly bought this one straight away but thought I might just as well read your comments. Thanks for the long, detailed review Talisman018. As some of you don't sound too over enthusiastic, I will demo it before I buy...or not !

pitgull
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pitgull on Nov 12, 10 9:20 AM
pitgull wrote:I enjoyed Chapter 1 and, when I was done, I immediately bought chapter 2. However, there is a glitch! Once I got the safe open in the Top Management office, it wouldn't let me stay in the safe - it popped me out. So I looked around and nothing happened.
So I went to the walkthrough which says that there's supposed to be a checkbook that appears on the desk after the safe is open and you're supposed to trace the signature. Problem is, no checkbook ever appears. I've tried going into the safe several time to try to trigger the checkbook appearance but .... nothing. I thought I'd skip the checkbook part and move on to the next part but it looks like I have to do the checkbook to move on. So now I'm stuck. Should I reinstall the game and start over? Or is the glitch going to be there again?

OK so I started over. when I got to the mini game to open the safe, I couldn't figure it out and after 1/2 hour gave up and skipped. Same thing happened: no checkbook appears. I will again try to move on but it's pretty hopeless - ANYBODY??? How do I get past this glitch???

pitgull
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction

[Post New]by pitgull on Nov 12, 10 9:22 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

fred78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by fred78 on Nov 15, 10 1:49 AM
pitgull wrote:
OK so I started over. when I got to the mini game to open the safe, I couldn't figure it out and after 1/2 hour gave up and skipped. Same thing happened: no checkbook appears. I will again try to move on but it's pretty hopeless - ANYBODY??? How do I get past this glitch???

I remember that when I got the safe open, it took me back to the office scene instantly too. You need to go find out about the puzzle where you actually need to draw the signature first, the one with the electronic pen, it's the one that opens the lab, then your character says something about finding the right signature. Go back to the office, and then he will find the checkbook.

Hope this helps...

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on Nov 16, 10 5:13 AM
Will I never learn! I really must download the trial version first as it obviously doesn't follow that the sequal will be anywhere near as good as the original. Just like film sequals, so much disappointment.

Absolutely loved the first one, the graphics were a delight. This second one is just so, so disappointing. Why spoil a good formula when you have one?

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Nov 18, 10 10:27 PM
Ultimate fun! I love this game. The 360 degree makes the game interesting and different. You are in total controll of the game with minimal assistance. Did you see the pool on the roof, now how real is that! I would not want to swim in that pool, seems as if you would just float right off into oblivion. I adore games that keep you guessing as to what your next task is. I definitely give this game a . Lov'in It.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Nov 19, 10 4:48 AM
Finished the hour-long demo, found myself only 4 or 5 puzzles from the end (after comparing my location to the walkthrough once kicked out of game - truly the only real way to gauge how long a game actually is for an individual player). So, since this title is WAY too short, especially compared to the first title, this is a pass from me...heck, I can just go re-download the demo and speed a bit quicker through the puzzles and probably have it done in the demo time.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 29, 11 3:42 PM
I would have liked to buy the first game but a few things just did not work.
This second game, so boring an office building ??? just not my thing to have fun with. Sorry. Still wish the first game would work right that one is interesting and challenging. What a change of pace between those two games. Sorry but I am dissapointed.

Go to: