Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 4, 10 3:18 PM
Found it easier than Painted Tower, probably because Painted Tower made me in the mood of the game so this one seemed less difficult. Great game, graphics, music, voices. Puzzles were quite difficult (at least for me) and took me quite a while to solve for some of them, even started to grow some white hair with the painting of the face...which I skipped, simply couldn't sort it out. Loved the game, will replay the first one, but I'm pretty sure I prefer this one.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 4, 10 5:27 PM

As good as the first one. Good story, great graphics. Thank goodness for the clues though....

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Oct 5, 10 7:42 AM
Positively wonderful! I enjoyed this one as much as the first one. The art work is spectacular. The music was perfectly suited to the game in each scene. I did not find this game easy. There were scenes where I was stuck on where to go next and really had to investigate. I didn't need the walk through because the hints are great. This is another must have game, definitely.

ETA~ A few of the puzzles were a real challenge and I was in a rush to get to the ending, so I skipped a few......I will go back and try again!

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 7:45:57 AM PST

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Oct 5, 10 10:10 AM
Personally I wish I hadn't purchased this game. It's just too hard, and that stresses me out, which defeats the purpose of my playing games.

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

[Post New]by geezing on Oct 5, 10 3:01 PM
I love this game. The battle between innocence and darkness theme has always been a winner for me. The graphics are superb & the child-like drawings so endearing. The music is very sweet and after the credits I chose "forums" which opened in a new tab and still have the music going. I'm perplexed that it is "to be continued," and wished that there had been some preview of the next one. The entire global crew is to be commended. The BFBabes were in the credits also. WTG

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Oct 5, 10 5:13 PM
Loved the first one and loved this too !! Roll on number three !! Didn't think it was that short, I'm a quick gamer and it took me over two hours so think some people might be stretching the truth?Must admit I got impatient with some of the puzzles and skipped them,,just wanted to get on, but that's the beauty of buying a good game endless play at your own pace.(My new motto)Happy gaming people.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Sorry:( A bit disappointed.

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 5, 10 5:45 PM
I just finished Dark Flight and have to say I was let down. I guess after reading all the reviews I expected to much. After I started playing I remembered what I didn't like about Painted Tower. The main problem was having to go back and forth to the same places several times. With the first one I could at least make sense of what I was supposed to be doing. With this one it seems to me there is no rhyme nor reason for anything you are doing. Everyone loved the graphics and I was not that impressed. Much of it reminded me of old PBS cartoons. Some of the mini games were extremely easy and some were incredibly hard. Even the clues say the answers are random. WHAT? I want to know that what I am solving actually has one answer.
I am not saying the game was awful. I was entertained. For a very short time. It took me about 3 hours. Give or take 10 min.

I guess the fact that I actually ended up paying $12.00 for it didn't help. I wanted to play it so bad after I read the reviews that I had to download right then. I had some time to spare and home alone for a change. Unfortunately it was a large download and I ran over my access time so I had to pay $5.00 to get my speed back. Had I known how short it was I would have waited. Then to see a "To Be Continued " at the end really got me. I think this one will be the end of the series for me.

muse05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by muse05 on Oct 5, 10 6:24 PM
I liked the first game and I like this one too, but I felt a little cheated with the story line. I thought there should have been one more "chapter" before the game was over. It was a short game and I am happy I did not buy the CE.

[Post New]by stormyyskyy on Oct 6, 10 1:06 AM
I enjoyed the first Drawn (Painted Tower) and when I saw that BFG would be releasing the SE of Drawn 2 (Dark Flight), i saved my game credit just so i could buy it. although it seemed short (prob bc i skipped a few puzzles that i couldnt figure out AT ALL), it was still worth $7 to get. i just remind myself that if i bought it in Walmart, it's at least $10, plus tax for the game. Great graphics, great puzzles, great idea with the "brightness" adjuster (i'm almost legally blind & being able to actually SEE the pieces that i'm supposed to be finding is nice), and horrible ending...although knowing that there will b a third Drawn does leave me in suspence for it to arrive.
Overall, i rate it 4 out of 5. minus 1 for leaving us wondering if the family of Anastasia - i mean Iris - really did survive (sounds so familiar).

PerfectSecty
Stingray
Stingray
4,983 Posts

[Post New]by PerfectSecty on Oct 6, 10 9:19 AM
I'm also in the minority here. I'm so glad I didn't buy the C.E. of this game. The story is beautiful, the artwork is gorgeous, but too many of the puzzles were just tedious. I love a challenge and kept at them for that reason, but after a while I couldn't help wondering --- why? Not having fun, so just skip it already. Did that several times and that's not like me at all. I enjoyed the frog and the face painting puzzles,those were challenging in a fun kind of way.
I loved the first one so much---nothing tedious about it. I liked this one and it was well worth 6.99, but I didn't love it and the only reason that I didn't is because of some of those puzzles. Hoping for better from the next one --- and happy there will be a next one.

[Post New]by sugarcitygirl on Oct 6, 10 4:26 PM
I agree that there is a game to fit everyone's tastes. I really loved this game. It had just the variety that I'm looking for in puzzles, and I thought the graphics were beautiful. Having been a huge fan of all the "Myst" games, I am never annoyed by challenging puzzles. I have never skipped a game...that is actually the main reason I purchase these games in the first place. I do like games to be a little longer, but this one still gave me a satisfying brain massage.

I look forward to the next one!

[Post New]by dwromance on Oct 7, 10 11:51 PM
>> With the first one I could at least make sense of what
>> I was supposed to be doing. With this one it seems to
>> me there is no rhyme nor reason for anything you are doing.

I agree. The art was gorgeous, presentation was amazing, but the game itself just felt .. I don't know... empty. Like everything was glued together with little thought. Tons of cool ideas on their own, but no sense of cohesion. At least not in the gameplay.

I really wanted to like this game. But I feel like the art is the only thing holding this series together. I'll be crossing my fingers for better gameplay in a sequel. I have faith in Felix!!!

[Post New]by WithaK on Oct 8, 10 10:32 AM
Loved it! Great music. Great voices. Great graphics. Harder puzzles, but needs to be harder still. Candles and frogs took the longest. Took me 3 days to play entire game (better than 3 hours) and didn't need to skip anything or go to the walkthru. Did ask Franklin what to do a couple times, but usually after I had quit and come back and forgotten what I was doing. Means even more that I got to meet guys in August responsible for an awsome job. Well done! Thanks for the fun. Look forward to more.

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Oct 8, 10 8:08 PM
Loved, loved, LOVED it!!! I have been disappointed in the past with sequels that I have purchased. Not this one. Beautiful graphics, perfect difficulty level, fun story. I liked the hints--gave just enough information without giving it away. I was thrilled to see "to be continued" at the end.

[Post New]by taramanda on Oct 9, 10 7:15 AM
I was so thrilled when I found both Drawn games! My favourite games are the Dream Chronicles series, and now the Drawn series is a close second. The length of the game is perfect...nice and long. Difficult, but doable puzzles. Amazing graphics. Adventure puzzle games like this are hard to come by. Other than Dream Chronicles and Drawn I don't think there are any other games out there in this genre. I enjoyed this series so much, II sent a gift card to my friend who is into the Nancy Drew series. I knew that she would love Drawn and she did. Can't wait for the next adventure game!

[Post New]by Carterclub on Oct 9, 10 2:09 PM
BEST SERIES!!

This is by far my favorite big fish series of games yet. Better than MCF imo. The sequel was just as good if not better than the first. They made it easier to get a hint if you needed one (rather than the 2 clicking method in the first one), BEAUTIFUL , fun, playful graphics! Playable by anyone! (even my 6,8,and 10 yr old love it) Fun, complex puzzles. (The puzzle where you have to "paint" the queen with the red, blue, and yellow colors in the gems was tricky but SOO fun...my favorite puzzle!

I really felt like both of these games were well made and I am STOKED that there was a "to be continued" at the end!

From start to finish took me about 6 hrs i'd say, but i did all but one of the puzzles (cuz my mom wanted to skip the candle puzzle) and i had lots of little interruptions with kids and stuff.

A++ i'll by any game in this series!

[Post New]by FiveCentFather on Oct 9, 10 8:03 PM
This sequel was awesome. Better puzzles than the original, though I think I liked the storyline to the first game a bit better.

Some of these puzzles were very hard. One I skipped accidentally, but I wasn't likely to pass it anyway. The paint puzzle was my favorite. So clever and original. It took a long time, but it was sooo worth it and satisfying when it was finished. The most frustrating was the violin/theater billboard puzzle. There were just so many different ways to put those pieces. I had to use the walkthough to get it just right.

The hint system was great. Very clever and gentle nudges followed by explicit direction if you can't find something. I thought the length was just fine. Took me about 10-12 hours of game play.

Can't wait for the next game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 10, 10 11:22 AM
There were just so many different ways to put those pieces.
Well ... no. There is a clue to two pieces, one at top left and one at the bottom. One piece is missing, so it hasn't left a mark, so should be added last. The rest all join to make the object in question. End spoiler. Drag cursor over to view.

Edited on 10/10/2010 at 11:23:45 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 11, 10 6:04 PM
it was just ok for me

[Post New]by dragonhart88 on Oct 12, 10 7:25 PM
I was disappointed in this game. It was too short, not enough gaming and too much movie. Graphics were great though.

Go to: