Pyanfar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aerie - Spirit of the Forest

[Post New]by Pyanfar on May 23, 11 7:38 AM
Liatha wrote:
glitterbutterfly wrote:Further to my earlier question, I can't count.

Well where the devil are you finding enough moonstones to complete the 2nd and 3rd temples? Because based on the levels I have completed so far (about 2/3rds of the way through the third realm) I am 2 crystals short of completing both those temples. There arent enough levels in each realm to give enough crystals for the temples.

Have greatly enjoyed this game. Played through multiple times. It's relaxing and I find trying to best my own time for different levels is fun. It's not terribly challenging for an adult, but a kid might find it so. I love the gentle graphics and that one is not blowing things up or battling it out with thieves and rude customers while beating the clock. This is a very generous clock, too. It's easy to win each level. But then I pick solitaire games I think I can win, too.

Only complaint and this one fits a LOT of games: why is there no "best score" record by level at least? So I can know if I'm doing better? It seems like such a simple thing to add to the game and it would really enhance the fun when playing against yourself always looking to find a new strategy and shave some seconds. What's the point of having any scoring at all, if there's no way to compare that score to any other score? A total elapsed game play time when you finish the last level, anything like that would be cool...

By the way, for those who aren't sure about the moonstones, you do get enough. It's probably a glitch, but the second temple isn't done when the game starts showing you the third temple. You can click "continue" on the 3rd temple and then select the 2nd one and apply your moonstones. Or you can just go with the offered 3rd temple. At the very end of the game, it will say "yay, you finished" etc. Then take you to any uncompleted temple and say "here, finish this" and then you get another "yay, you've saved the world."

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jun 19, 11 5:02 AM
To get all the temple moonstones you have to finish each level finding all the elemental mushrooms or crystals and you have to complete all aspects of the challenges within the time allotted on the first try for each level.

There are a couple of levels, I can't remember which specifically, where it will automatically end while leaving some tasks not completed if you're not careful. You have to find a way to complete those tasks in the proper order in order to complete the level to get the crystals for the temple. You can do it over and get it right but you don't get temple moonstones. You only have the first try to win them. But you will get any missing temple crystals you need at the end to restore the temples.

I wish there were more games like this one!

Edited on 06/19/2011 at 5:12:53 AM PST

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jun 24, 11 10:33 AM
I just tried this game as one of BF's suggested games for me. And oops time is up. It's adorable! Very much like MKFTP, etc. You can complete the levels even if you don't make the alloted time for gold. You can relax, take your sweet time, and just enjoy the graphics and game play. The only time restraint is if you want to make gold.

This is a family game, so will be fun for both the young and old alike. I know my grandchildren are going to love it. Especially rescuing the animals, then getting them to help you in your goals. Since the time restraints are only for your own goals, I can let even the youngest play. They and I if I wish can take our time and just have fun with it. Grandma already loves it.

Lazyhab
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Lazyhab on Aug 19, 11 4:16 PM
Can anyone recommend any games similar to this one and that is mainly because of the no time limit - hate playing against the clock and am new to Time Management Games! Thanks!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 20, 11 1:08 PM
Lazyhab wrote:Can anyone recommend any games similar to this one and that is mainly because of the no time limit - hate playing against the clock and am new to Time Management Games! Thanks!

Hi Lazy! There are lots of great games like this.
Try:

Royal Envoy (The CE of this one is fantastic)
Roads of Rome (1 and 2)
Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising and Caveman's Prophecy
Pioneer Lands
My Kingdom for the Princess (a little more intense)
Rescue Team

Have fun.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Oct 30, 11 10:20 PM
I have to say I really have enjoyed this game! I played the trial first, then had to buy. I read some of the negative posts,, but I found it to be quite fun.

I hope others that love plants and wildlife ect will give it a try.

Pixiey

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 19, 14 1:47 AM
4 years later I notice this game.
Its ....kinda bad. Yeah. Basically all I can say is that this game is poorly produced. Its just...not good! I am surprised that it even made it to market.

In fact, I would say this is the first time management game Ive ever played that made me feel like I was trying out a child's school project.

Go to: