Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 5, 10 5:58 PM
Vivance wrote: Well, I'm having trouble right off due to when I click to take a picture, nothing happens...and my mouse is new. Any advice?

Theres a trick to this. First you know when you are in the right area because the box turns that green colour. What they don't tell you is that you have to be in the EXACT spot for the photo to work. You have to move your mouse around until the centre of the box turns green

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 5, 10 6:07 PM
I agree with everyone else. This game is too slow and not challenging at all. Don't think even newbies would like this one. At least Venus could pretend to not be reading the script. Very monotone and boring. Got through the trial with 10 minutes to spare. Sorry, not for me either.

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 6:08:03 PM PST

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on Oct 5, 10 6:08 PM
I lasted six minutes on the demo, most of which was spent trying to get out of the game to uninstall the game. I am not into sports, but thought I would give this a try, I regret the wasted minutes, I could have been staring out my window blankly and been happier. To each his own, I won't be wasting a penny on this game.

[Post New]by meemaw28 on Oct 5, 10 7:05 PM
I have stuck to and finished some pretty boring demos. This was not one of them.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 5, 10 8:05 PM
CasualGran wrote:Regardless of whatever kind of game I'm playing: if I'm punished for misclicking it's end of story and NO BUY!
These penalties are good for nothing. I don't understand why people should have to accept them in a GAME, for crying out loud! Completely worthless in my eyes.

Casualgran you are really hard core on this point and I couldn't agree more. I am too old to sit in some cyber penalty box because I over clicked and I refuse to purchase a game that tries to do it to me. Developers......WHO BENEFITS??? This crap needs to go the way of the timed only games and disappear.
Dr.good

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Oct 5, 10 9:36 PM
saadia60 wrote:I am beginning to get tired of BFG. this site is beginning to carry junk lately. the 6.99 games are not worth the time and the goo dgames are now 13.99. Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that.
I totally agree !!!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Oct 5, 10 9:38 PM
Thank you to everyone for your posts. Saves me the trouble of even doing the demo. I ordinarily would give it a try even with negative comments but the things I'm hearing are the exact things I hate about a game so no try.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 5, 10 9:42 PM
Casualgran you are really hard core on this point and I couldn't agree more. I am too old to sit in some cyber penalty box because I over clicked and I refuse to purchase a game that tries to do it to me. Developers......WHO BENEFITS??? This crap needs to go the way of the timed only games and disappear.
Dr.good

THANK YOU! I think this is my biggest pet peeve about most games. Honestly, who cares if you click a lot? Does this ruin the game somehow? And if it doesn't ruin the game for me, what does the developer care? It's a pointless annoyance that serves no purpose. I'm at a loss to think of one thing it adds to a game.

[Post New]by avalanche09 on Oct 5, 10 11:45 PM
the game is not certainly just about tennis, nor is it just about Venus. there's a good combination of both which makes it interesting. facts about venus williams are presented in a creative way, too.

[Post New]by whitewash47 on Oct 6, 10 12:09 AM
the game's graphic was nicely rendered. it's smooth and crisp and it's not giving me an eyesore. game play is okay. surely kids would enjoy this - and a few adults who have not much to do!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 6, 10 1:37 AM
bôf!pfff!how many money did they give to venus for she accepts to lend her name?no story,no intelligent puzzles and a parfume of VIP ,is it enough to make a game?the graphics was good and the game rum almost easily ,but for what?

[Post New]by clocks56 on Oct 6, 10 2:07 AM
the game is so-so. there are games which are too difficult while some are too easy.
graphics was good though. and it's nice to think that venus' voice is really from venus williams herself. i give a thumbs up for that!

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on Oct 6, 10 4:53 AM
Really!!!!!!

Gala_Day
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gala_Day on Oct 6, 10 5:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments on this game. I had misgivings when i saw the game preview pictures but after all the information about the matching games, penalties for overclicking etc i am not going to bother.

[Post New]by jill7071 on Oct 6, 10 5:33 AM
i like the game but some things are hard to read like what kept her from plying in 2000

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Oct 6, 10 6:42 AM
I am in awe of the Williams sisters' strength and power, though I am not a tennis fan. The fact that this is a vanity type game does not bother me. There is a timer which I like. I like the challenge. There is a story but it is skippable. The graphics are beautifully done. There are minigames such as spot the difference and pick out the odd object (but come on guys, a party hat and waiter at a party seem normal to me). The hints fill failrly quick. Some objects are very light against a light background, most are easy to find.

Unfortuately I am not a fan of photographing the scene and to make it worse, the cursor is very exact. At the second photography session I was thinking..why am I doing this? There is a tennis trivia question to move onto the next chapter. I did not hold out in the demo long enough to do the fashion thing.

I will pass until offered as a DD. There are much better HOGs suited to my taste available.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Oct 6, 10 7:03 AM
GONGA wrote:
saadia60 wrote:I am beginning to get tired of BFG. this site is beginning to carry junk lately. the 6.99 games are not worth the time and the goo dgames are now 13.99. Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that.
I totally agree !!!

I agree too.... poorly developed games, too many issues with the games, and serious JUNK for sale that's not worth 6.99 tsk, tsk BFG

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 6, 10 7:27 AM
LOL I thought that was a waiter at the party. i wonder if there is a minor detail on him. otherwise its just stupid

[Post New]by reineirene on Oct 6, 10 8:23 AM
A BIG delete

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Oct 6, 10 9:30 AM
I had to try this out just to see if it was as bad as the reviews said it was. The verdict? After spendind 4 minutes on it, most of that trying to take a picture,any picture, the answer is a resounding yes. With the number of poor quality games lately, I would question, if it perhaps time for Big Fish to re evaluate how it operates and maybe not offer a new game everyday but instead spend more time in quality control, so that those that are offered meet a certain standard. I know that no game is going to satisfy everyone, but the game mechanics at least should be right, and there should be a certain percentage of people ,or a certain demographic that a game is embraced by.

Go to: