Re:Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by rouge935 on Nov 14, 10 10:10 AM

I am on page 30 of the story, but can't go anywhere else.
There is nothing to do here now"..will not let me go to the Balcony or the Boatyard and I've done everything there is do EVERYWHERE else.

[Post New]by mamarose353 on Nov 19, 10 7:01 PM
this game stinks, i've followed all your instruction and reloaded the game but i got as fas as the attic door. can't get the hook in the trophy room and and can't fix the clock.reminds me of the other sucky game Dire hotel, paid good money and it's a shame i can't play or enjoy either.

[Post New]by lovegames64 on Jan 2, 11 7:36 AM
Still stuck...new version.

[Post New]by theroundpen on Jan 30, 11 2:21 PM
I have just purchased the game today (January 30, 2011). It worked fine until I had to exit for a while - I was at the second manor in the basement. When I came back in I ran across the same problem that many have mentioned in this forum - the game took me to the outside of the first manor with absolutely no way to get back to the place where I left off. The book with the story in it was correct, but I couldn't get anywhere. I will be looking for a refund on this one.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 30, 11 4:00 PM
Hi theroundpen and welcome to the pond!

I'm very sorry that you've encountered such trouble with Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White. To request a refund for the game, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to assist.

Customer Support can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Feb 24, 11 4:34 PM
I am stuck trying to get to the boathouse. When I took the debt notice out of the coat it should have enabled me (judging from the walkthrough) to get out to the boathouse, but it didn't. I can't get into the trophy room to get the pole to enter the attic, so I'm stuck. We shouldn't have to replay a game with a new player name to see if we can get through it. These games should be tested thoroughly for glitches and, if they have any, dump the game or fix it.

[Post New]by pootles on Apr 17, 11 1:24 PM
I've re-installed this game twice now, and can't get past the garden. In order to put the fishing reel together, I need the part that is supposed to be int he garden. When you pay for a game you expect it to work. Are any updates available?

[Post New]by synelg on Apr 18, 11 12:19 AM
MarinaBlu wrote:I just installed this program yesterday and I got to the graveyard. I did everything it said I needed to do in the walkthrough for this section, but it will not let me through the gate. It says, "You have unfinished business." I picked up the letter from the gravestone, then tried to go through the gate.

All the other areas say, "there is nothing else to do here." And I can't go back any farther than the church and the church yard. I got the ladder rungs and put together the pieces of the letter in the back of the church, got the crowbar and went through to the graveyard.

Did I miss something?

I have exactly the same problem. Trapped in the graveyard with no way out. This is not good enough. I don't have the time to waste going back and reinstalling to see if it happens again. Can you give me a fix for this?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 25, 11 1:42 PM
I have downloaded the trial version twice. I have shut down my computer (after I unistalled the 1st time) and then reloaded the trial. Anyway, I can't get the trial hour to come up. It tells me that it can't open that I have another game running. I do not. Should I just call it a 'no chance to play' for me?

[Post New]by babs222 on May 11, 11 6:18 AM
I am also having problems with this game as it won't let me through the gates of the graveyard. I have uninstall-ed it twice and reinstalled it but still come up with the same problem this is so irritating. I have sent a message to BFG with no avail either. Would some one please do something about this.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Jul 14, 11 3:45 PM
I just downloaded the demo and I can't even get the game to run. Every other game I download or have runs fine, except this one. I am not changing anything in my computer for this game. Please get it to run. And fix the problems as I can see many people are having.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Jul 23, 11 4:51 PM
Customer Service helped me by telling me to run the game in Administrator rights. and it worked. Yay!

[Post New]by mariabones on Nov 11, 11 3:03 PM
I have loaded and deleted and reloaded thuis game and I still cannot open. just will not open, any solutions? HELP

[Post New]by abbmar on May 11, 12 8:25 AM
I have downloaded this game 4 times, and each time something happens. The last time I downloaded it, it would not open. So, I'm done. I need a refund on this game

[Post New]by abbmar on May 11, 12 8:26 AM
mariabones, it looks like we have the same problem!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jun 2, 12 12:32 AM
I have downloaded today, just the trial version. It remembers I only have 21 minutes left (I really can't remember this game at all!) - but it wont let me play.

The screen flashes black, like the game was going to start, and then goes right back to Game Manager.

I don't get the 'game already running' banner.

[Post New]by Tennie_Frog on Jun 2, 12 9:30 AM
The trial version just wouldn't install for me. I tried twice, and it seemed to install ok, but then wouldn't boot, and went to the Game Manager with a message that I have 3 minutes left. Ah well. Judging by the reviews, it's just a short game anyway, so maybe just as well.

[Post New]by jentl64 on Jun 7, 12 4:11 PM
cagamenut wrote:Is anyone else having trouble saving the game and having it open in the correct location? I downloaded the new version, played until I got to the second house, then exited the game for the night. The next day, when I opened the game to play, I was back at the first house with all the items from the second house, and got the dreaded 'There is nothing left to do here' regardless of location. I'm stumped! Guess I'll try uninstalling, reinstalling and then playing again under a new name. Pretty soon I'll have this game memorized!

Me to!!!
How can I continue the game????
I don't want to restart the game !!!
-please help!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 7, 12 4:18 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you seeing black screens or noticing the game not opening, please take a look at our help article here that covers some basic troubleshooting steps you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For Fishies running into problems with the game showing short times for your trial, you might try uninstalling, then reinstalling the Game Manager itself to see if that might help. I've put a link to our help article showing how to do that here:

Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

If you're seeing issues with the game not saving, there are a couple things that may be causing that, so I would recommend taking a look at this help article here:

Game Not Saving

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Gretje
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Gretje on Mar 22, 13 3:40 PM
I can't get the stone lion to accept the handle. Shouldn't be that tricky to place surely and I have only started. I did enjoy Yellow Room though. I recommend that.

Go to: