Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat forum

[Post New]by MsBarbicat on Nov 7, 10 9:25 PM
I can't find where to put the tile from the birdcage. I looked for a lock but it's not there. I'm just stuck. I 've looked everywhere for an opening. Help!

[Post New]by azgamer88 on Nov 14, 10 2:39 PM
I am stuck in the boiler room, how do you find the candle to light it?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 15, 10 10:26 AM
Hi azgamer88,

Welcome to the pond!

The candle is found in a hidden object scene in the pool room. You light it in the boiler room by placing it on the already light chandelier.

If you need any extra information or if you'd like to consult some screenshots, you can find the complete walkthrough for this game here.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by TracyMarsh on Nov 18, 10 11:04 PM
When I first played the game, I somehow did not get a paper clip and therefore couldn't get into that upstairs bedroom and then couldn't get the lens. I kept going back and looking for what I missed and I didn't see in the walk thru anything about the paper clip. Did I miss it in the walkthru? I played the game a second time and the same thing happened. I finally deleted the game and redownloaded it. This time it all worked right and the paperclip appeared from the organ. Has anyone else had this happen? Tracy

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 19, 10 3:21 AM
The paperclip is always there but it doesn't appear until you've got the organ working. (Sneaky, I know).

[Post New]by cricket275 on Nov 21, 10 6:22 PM
Tria4564 wrote:In Chapter 6, we are to put the maget atop the glass jar to retrieve a gear. I cannot get the maget to actually retrieve the gear. What am I doing wrong?

I've been having the same problem and have seen other members with the same question. But so far, haven't seen an answer. Up until this point, i haven't had any problems with the game and would just like to be able to finish it. Any suggestions?

rstrr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by rstrr on Dec 9, 10 10:29 AM
i am down to the basement where you make the formula and can not find pantry to get vinegar where is pantry at? and have 2 keys 1 eagle and 1 lion what do they go to

[Post New]by roxyms on Dec 29, 10 8:23 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi genuine1234,

Welcome to the pond!

The walkthrough stays the same but you can choose to do certain events in different orders.

The grater is found in the sink in the lab, when you head to the room on the right. This is also where you will fill your bucket of water.

bfgImbrium

I can't get the grater from the sink. I think I may have picked it up and used it earlier and now I can't shave the soap to work the washing machine. Any ideas?

Sorry. I just found the grater. I had already placed it on the table. Senior moment!

Edited on 12/29/2010 at 8:28:20 AM PST

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat forum

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Jan 17, 11 3:48 PM

Is anyone else having tech troubles with this game?

Mine keeps spontaneously shutting down, then says the save file is corrupted & it can't save progress!

I've updated drivers, video card & even uninstalled & re-installed the game, but it's still doing it.

Any ideas please?

Thanks a lot.

Z

[Post New]by maire923 on Jul 26, 11 4:25 PM
i need to figure out how to find out how to affixed the pistol ive tryed ever thing nothing is working could someone please tell me what to do n how 2 do it

[Post New]by tbirdie1 on Oct 9, 11 7:47 PM
Can someone help.... I am in the boiler room. somehow I manage to do things backwards. I lit the fire I found the prawl thing for the door and I put the wheel on the boiler but it is stuck and the hook part is not connected to the wheel so I can push it to work. I can't move the wheel or the hook thing to align it... Please don't say I have to start over.. Help please

[Post New]by elie10_b on Oct 22, 11 7:18 AM
Tell me how to get the key out from inside the door I put new paper in but I still don't get it ?

[Post New]by elie10_b on Oct 22, 11 5:28 PM
How can I get the key out from under the door , I put new paper in but nothing happen , please help me

[Post New]by candyncatz on Dec 12, 11 10:41 AM
How do I find more games by same designers or just like Dark Tales series and Raven's Curse?

[Post New]by 2468bella on Apr 17, 12 12:53 AM
Hi stuck in boiler room need fire wood but can't find and wood I have a saw and some rope! Pls can u help me thanks

gwynnyth
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by gwynnyth on Apr 23, 12 8:23 PM
What a disappointment! I bought the black cat for my I pad and have downloaded it three times. I did the boiler room ok but I can't get into the billiard room or the hidden object outside in the bushes. This is the fourth game that has given me problems. I spend a ton of money on these iPad games, every once in a while, I would like to complete one without problems. I'm really angry right now. Oh btw you have to bring the wheel up on the boiler and use the screw to attach it. Then use the wood from the boarded up door to make a fire.
Good luck,
I give up!

[Post New]by Milly22 on Apr 25, 12 2:35 PM
Newbie here! I've been stuck for days now! Any chance of creating n iPad walk through? I am stuck at the fountain, cant access anywhere for a sac, there are no hidden games available, and I'm getting frustrated walking Lund in circles! Can ny one help me x

[Post New]by Lucyeylesbarrow on Apr 25, 12 5:05 PM
I'm at the water wheel and I need a crowbar but there seems to be no place to get one. I'm playing on an iPad. Any chance the scene where you can pick up a crowbar has been left out?

[Post New]by Berit1974 on Apr 27, 12 6:34 AM
Hi
Seems a few people have the same issues as I dó. Chap.2 I can't access the hidden object in the Bush, I can't access the pool room, and I can't acces the second hidden ob. Scene in chap.3. I get the fountain to work but can't move from there. This is annoying. I love these games, but unfortunately I face issues from time to time. Any hints
Ha ha worked it out. Just finalized the game incl. The bonus scenes. A bit unfortunate that a lot of scenes are not accesable in the iPad version, so the walk through didn't fit in a lot of places. Well, ok game but too easy and predictable comparred to other games from the same author. Puzzles were extremely simple. I am hoping for more challenges in the next one

Edited on 04/27/2012 at 5:03:57 PM PST

[Post New]by SarahNikki on May 6, 12 3:46 PM
i had purchased Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition and i cant figure out how to get into bonus play. i have completed the game multiple times and have only played Bonus play once. please help!
Thanks,
Sarah Nikki

Go to: