Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Oct 11, 10 7:15 AM
WOW! This is one magnificent game! Best mystery, adventure, hidden object, puzzle game game to come out since Dire Grove and by far the best of the series! Beautifully done and perfectly balanced. Everything in it is done just right! Challenging yet not impossible, hints and skip options are available, if needed and the storyline was compelling (just enough dialogue to keep you glued to your keyboards for a long, long time). The suspense was killing me.

Many thanks to the developers and Bigfish for this masterpiece! I hope another one is in the works for future gaming enjoyment.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Oct 11, 10 9:49 AM
Ongoldenpond wrote:WOW! This is one magnificent game! Best mystery, adventure, hidden object, puzzle game game to come out since Dire Grove and by far the best of the series! Beautifully done and perfectly balanced. Everything in it is done just right! Challenging yet not impossible, hints and skip options are available, if needed and the storyline was compelling (just enough dialogue to keep you glued to your keyboards for a long, long time). The suspense was killing me.

Many thanks to the developers and Bigfish for this masterpiece! I hope another one is in the works for future gaming enjoyment.

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO. I can't agree more. I LOVED this game. Am now going back to replay some of the other classics. I am looking forward to replaying this game in a few months when my senior brain will have forgotten enough of it to make it a pleasure to play again. Please keep working on another and this time I will buy the CE as I am now wondering what I missed! Kudos to the creators. They deserve an 11 out of 10 for this one.

Happy gaming, everyone. Love these forums.

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Oct 11, 10 12:40 PM
Awesome game !!!!!! Loved every minute of it !!

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Oct 11, 10 12:42 PM
Awesome game !!!!!! Loved every minute of it !!

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Oct 11, 10 1:03 PM
Okay I'm convinced, off to use a precious credit on this game. This is why I love the forums.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 11, 10 1:08 PM
Unbelievably brilliant game!! Loved it!!

scattycat
Flounder
Flounder
2,371 Posts

[Post New]by scattycat on Oct 11, 10 2:17 PM
aalurie wrote
DITTO, DITTO, DITTO. I can't agree more. I LOVED this game. Am now going back to replay some of the other classics. I am looking forward to replaying this game in a few months when my senior brain will have forgotten enough of it to make it a pleasure to play again. Please keep working on another and this time I will buy the CE as I am now wondering what I missed! Kudos to the creators. They deserve an 11 out of 10 for this one.

Happy gaming, everyone. Love these forums.

See - I might only be 45 but this is the good side to my already bad memory!!

Scatty

[Post New]by jancheyenne on Oct 11, 10 2:49 PM
Really love this game. I, too, waited for the standard version.

Unfortunately I haven't taken the time to read all the reviews, so I hope this is not a repeat. Two things (among many many that I loved) that I really enjoyed were the chicken that is in the side yard and what it does when you click on it and the way the fountain started up. Kudos to the developers.

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Oct 11, 10 5:47 PM
This is one of the best games I have played in a long time from Big Fish. Took me some time, but played it on and off for 3 days. Loved it, Loved it, loved it. Big fish should offer more like this one. Fantastic game, give it 5 stars.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Oct 11, 10 6:11 PM
Game took a good long time, and I feel I got my money's worth. Minigames were not too difficult, but several times I got stuck and had to wander around the house and grounds trying to figure out what I had missed...but that was fairly satisfying too. Some beautiful graphics, and the music was nice. Looking forward to the next in this series. It's not MCF, but it's very good!

Four of five stars!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 12, 10 9:50 AM
Well silly me... I forgot I had purchased this awhile back from a store, and then turned around the other day and purchased (used a game credit) here on BF for download. Because I could not download a demo first, and did not remember the name of the game I purchased long ago, I purchased here on BF. I love all the Sherlock games, so I hesitated not to just purchase. Then within just a minute of game play, I realized the familiarity, and that I had already played this game!!! Ugh! Oh well, not BF's fault, but my own. If I could only have seen a demo first, I would not have made such a mistake. Guess I will play it again.

This game is wonderful, thought provoking, searching, dialogue, interactive, etc. Graphics good, and one can play in first person if they choose. Music befitting the game, and no technical glitches. I think those who enjoy puzzle type games, will enjoy this one very much. Incidentally, it is a very lengthy game play... enjoyably so.

Edited on 10/12/2010 at 9:53:33 AM PST

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Oct 12, 10 12:35 PM
ERS GAME STUDIOS hits it out of the park again!! Everything about this game just reeks quality........they must spend months on their story boards perfecting the end result. ......graphics/art, plot line, NO GLITCHES, appropriate puzzles [i.e. darling rat maze, books in library] that relate to story line [and not too difficult] lots of HOG scenes [ em], and a game that goes on and on [wonderful length with scenes that take you every where, ha [just when I thought I was near the end, little did I know I had the whole "back 40" to explore]. Some things were wonderfully tricky [oh no NOT the old "rapier, gun, yarn trick,], and in the small bedroom I was convinced I could actually smell the incense .......only got stuck twice, but figuring things out made the challenge that much better. Highly recommended... ...

[Post New]by FATIMAW5 on Oct 12, 10 3:00 PM
I think this is the most frustrating and annoying Hidden Object games. I spent an entire half hour going back and forth to the same scenes without any hints because there were no hints provided. It was so frustrating trying to figure it out without the hints that I simply refuse to spend the free hour and to buy the game. [/b][/b]

Edited on 10/12/2010 at 3:02:46 PM PST

Mertie1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Mertie1 on Oct 12, 10 7:04 PM
Calamari...I second your thoughts. Couldn't have said it better.

LOVED this game.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 13, 10 2:11 AM
Yes! When i see the Rabbit and ERS Game Studios i always know it is a buy for me!

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Oct 13, 10 11:17 AM
When will this game be released in Mac format?

Thanks!!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Oct 14, 10 5:58 AM
I haven't had time to get in here to post a review (and I'm not too good at them anyway), but I do know what I like and I LOVE this game.

The Dark Tales game developers should be congratulated for making games that are interesting, challenging and fun to play. Another winner here!

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Oct 15, 10 2:20 AM
Loved this game.Interesting story.I have played it twice,the regular and the challanging. Good length. Great value for money. I found it better than The Rue Morgue.I think it is better that there is only hints for the hidden objects because I would get lazy and use the hints if available.Only needed to check the walkthru to make sure that I was on the right path.I would like more of these games.

lbbazusa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lbbazusa on Oct 15, 10 2:05 PM
This game was the BEST! Just loved it. This is the best game site. Way to go BIG FISH. I'm never sorry that I'm a member....Thanks!!!!

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 15, 10 8:30 PM
This is the best game I've played in a long time. The graphics were great. The story line made sense. It was challenging enough but not too hard. And - it was long enough that I felt like I got my money's worth.

Go to: