CCBW
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by CCBW on Oct 27, 10 4:12 AM
Snookums63 wrote:
sharon818 wrote:For some reason, I was able to put the spare boiler parts on the boiler way before I should have. Now that I'm ready to move forward, I can't because the wheel is connected but the blue rod came off and will not reattach. How do I fix this to continue the game?

I am also having the problem with the boiler wheel and the connecting rod. It keeps saying to connect the wheel. The wheel is already there. What do I do now,

CCBW
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by CCBW on Oct 27, 10 4:14 AM
having the same problem with the boiler wheel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to find the problem still there ! Has anyone found a solution to this?

[Post New]by TrystaSilverwood on Oct 27, 10 8:20 PM
Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but anyway.... Game worked fine yesterday, but when I go to play it again now, it minimizes and will not restore to full screen. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall to fix it?

[Post New]by tine3636 on Oct 28, 10 8:22 PM
swestm3 wrote:The saw will not cut the boards that are nailed across the door. I have tried moving the saw back and forth everywhere on the boards but nothing happens. I can see
some straight vertical line on the boards but still no cutting when I move the saw.
Is there some trick or method I am not getting here.

You have to cut on both sides of each boards. Once you do that, the boards come off

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 29, 10 9:58 AM
The problem I encountered was quite into the game when I was suppose to do this mini game with the different books. I touched the HINT book on the shelf, which told you what you had to do, and all of a sudden the whole screen started to flicker like mad. I quickly got out of there and all the while I exited the several screens, the game flickered terribly and the whole image was distorted.

So when I got back into the game, I didn't click on the HINT book, which seemed to be the problem, but continued with the mini game without going anywhere near the HINT book.

Additional Well, after writing the above comment, I wanted to continue playing the game, but it froze and BROKE my computer. My computer went just black and I couldn't do anything. Thank goodness, it repaired itself and set itself back to an earlier point. I never had any such troubles before with a game and don't want to play it anymore.

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 12:12:43 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 29, 10 12:36 PM
CCBW wrote:having the same problem with the boiler wheel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to find the problem still there ! Has anyone found a solution to this?
There is a loose blue nut. Drag and drop.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Oct 29, 10 1:45 PM
Hi Valdy,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you’re experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

-bfgDonau

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 30, 10 1:41 AM
bfgDonau wrote:Hi Valdy,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

-bfgDonau

Thank you, Donau. I am already in contact with customer support via email.

BTW, I was asked to install Felix. Since I am not a 'Club' member, I don't think I can install Felix? Can't see where he is hiding, in any case.

[Post New]by shellmac13 on Nov 6, 10 1:51 AM
the most iritating thing ever!!!!!!!!!!! After every couple of clicks the game closes so i have to open it again and go through the whole sart up again. then after about six or seven times of doing that it wont open at all!!! I am going crazy with it now. Its no use whatsoever!!

[Post New]by TwilightNB on Nov 11, 10 2:22 PM
I am so glad I came to the forum! It only shows me that this game isn't worth the trouble it causes. I can't get the "hand" to pick up things, can't move forward in the game without doing certain things like putting the spade together, it won't do it no matter what. Did you invent this game to get money and cause major frustration or what? I don't even like playing it anymore!!
Thanks a bunch!!

[Post New]by cricket275 on Nov 21, 10 7:00 AM
I'm having the same problem - although i can grab magnet and pull it down in jar it will not pick up gear! What to do?

asnider
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by asnider on Nov 21, 10 10:29 AM
I can''t find the window to get the tweezers

[Post New]by hmschoolsa on Dec 8, 10 6:05 AM
Game crashes and shuts down in pantry in main basement if I try to use the wrench on the vase. Pulls up a windows error saying the game has stopped working and do I want to check for an online solution or close the program. I've rebooted have the latest flash player and haven't had problems with the previous dark tales or any of the other games and it is only THIS spot.

[Post New]by sandimae1214 on Dec 11, 10 2:21 PM
zunan wrote:please help...there is no hidden object game by the fountain....walkthrough says to get sack there.. is anyone else having this problem...if so what do i do? un install and then re install? this is not the CE..thanks for help

This is where I am . . . Like you I find no Hidden Object scene by the fountain that is outside boiler room . . . What do we do?

[Post New]by bmcclint on Dec 26, 10 4:03 PM
Did u get any help? I csn't even get it to open. Just says "do you want to play again>: as though I've exited the game even tho I can't get it open.

[Post New]by NORMANW5 on Dec 27, 10 12:12 PM
Playing the Mac version of "Dark Tales" on my MacBook, and the game shows "error" every time I try to leave full screen mode. (Odd, given the number of posts I've seen about having trouble getting into full screen mode.)

[Post New]by cologirl0210 on Dec 29, 10 4:20 PM
I cant click on the dresser or the painting in the upstairs hallway to get to the hidden object game in order to get the plate! I got the key with the newspaper and went through into there 1st and a walkthrough I found said to get the key and then click on the dresser. Is this the problem? Should I just start over?

[Post New]by brugal_3 on Dec 31, 10 9:56 AM
Snookums63 wrote:
sharon818 wrote:For some reason, I was able to put the spare boiler parts on the boiler way before I should have. Now that I'm ready to move forward, I can't because the wheel is connected but the blue rod came off and will not reattach. How do I fix this to continue the game?

I am also having the problem with the boiler wheel and the connecting rod. It keeps saying to connect the wheel. The wheel is already there. What do I do now,

[Post New]by brugal_3 on Dec 31, 10 10:03 AM

I have played from the beginning twice and the boiler parts are still not working. I have been stalled here again. Does Big Fish have any fixes yet???

[Post New]by madchipmunk on Jan 6, 11 6:35 PM
I've got the boiler together but I have not found a way to light it. Some of these things happened before they were supposed to and you have to start all over again. I've done it three times. Isn't they suppose to happen in order?

Go to: