MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Oct 11, 10 1:57 PM
What a wonderful fun game! When I first read the reviews it sounded like a HOG, but there is alot of interaction in the game. It is so colorful and pleasant to look at, the sound effects alone are worth money. The hour went too fast!

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Oct 11, 10 1:58 PM
What a wonderful fun game! When I first read the reviews it sounded like a HOG, but there is alot of interaction in the game. It is so colorful and pleasant to look at, the sound effects alone are worth money. The hour went too fast!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 11, 10 2:04 PM
I like this game! The graphic is very clear, handdrawn-looking. Storyline is superb. Itemsearching is good, no tiny objects. Its also interactive thats also a plus for me. The game has a scrolling-screen while searching, but - great - you can turn it off. I can also play this game on fullscreen with my hd 16:9 laptop (normally games are a little bit cutted on the left and right site from my laptop while playing games). I will buy this game and recommend it to all hog/ihog-lovers

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Oct 11, 10 2:28 PM
peglegann wrote:
Corie60 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
Corie60 wrote:I beta tested this game quite a while ago and really liked it. What was surprising was that the beta was of the whole game. I kept expecting it to end and it never did till the end.
I won't be buying it since have already played it, but I highly recommend it. It was fun, different and quite lengthy as well. Enjoy!

Hi Corie60, I too did a beta of this. It is almost like a different game Have you DL the BF trial? I would love your opinion.

No problem. Hope you enjoy it

Hi peglegann,
Wanted to follow up. I did the demo and it really has changed quite a bit. The 60 minutes were over before I knew it so even though I did the whole beta I went ahead and purchased. Nice and relaxing for a change after running to and fro in the Edgar Alan Poe game yesterday
Thank you for suggesting that I try the demo

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 11, 10 2:30 PM
For the last three weeks I have anxiously awaited an actual great game from Big Fish. The current round of Hidden Object games are abominable. Most of them lack puzzles are just a bunch of hidden object screens. How boring! Get with it or I am planning to join another game company. Why in earth would you provide day after day of such boring games? Yesterday it was the I Spy series *boring. The day before that it was another inane hidden object game. Gee, if you like looking for hidden objects screen after screen, then the last week will really be to your liking. However, some of us like the challenge of SOME PUZZLES in addition to the hidden object screens. PLEASE provide some better games for the more mature audience.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Oct 11, 10 2:54 PM
NIce game - good graphics - the scrolling is not in every scene and can be turned off

some drawbacks are the slow hint reload [really slow] and the absence of any music - lots of birds, seagulls, and other ambient noise however

Liked that the story could be sped through so able to see story line at a faster pace instead just having to sit through it or skip it altogether

This is a buy for me too

CPLB
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by CPLB on Oct 11, 10 3:22 PM
How nice to hear a critical review that gave some reasons why the game was not for them...so much easier for unsure gamers to make up their own minds rather than a simple 'not for me' or 'boring'. I do wonder though why many of the BFG customers are self-centred and expect games to be put on soley for their gratification. Doesn't it occur to them that the market is wide and there are many others for whom the great variety of games is welcome?

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Oct 11, 10 3:29 PM
cyndrap wrote:NIce game - good graphics - the scrolling is not in every scene and can be turned off

some drawbacks are the slow hint reload [really slow] and the absence of any music - lots of birds, seagulls, and other ambient noise however

Liked that the story could be sped through so able to see story line at a faster pace instead just having to sit through it or skip it altogether

This is a buy for me too

Cyndrap,
Funnym that you mention the slow hint reload. For some reason it reloads in about 5 seconds for me. Have no idea why it is soooo fast. I was really surprised as it was much slower in the beta. Maybe some glitch with my download, but I like it

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Oct 11, 10 3:47 PM
No buy for me, I really don't like the graphics looks too old cartoonish.

Happy gaming who likes it!!!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Oct 11, 10 3:51 PM
Colorful beginner's HOG - fine for that.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Oct 11, 10 3:53 PM
There were a number of things I didn't like with this game and a few things I thought were a nice addition. First, the positive. I liked the fact that you could change from scrolling to non-scrolling in some of the screens. The music wasn't bad and the graphics, while some might find too cartoonish, were fine for me. Hints refilled quite rapidly.

That said, this is not a purchase I will be making. I played on the challenging mode and found the game way too easy. The storyline was odd to me. It just didn't make any sense really. Very disjointed and not one I found interesting at all. I found the bottom of the screen going back and forth from task bar to backpack irritating to say the least. Maybe I am spoilt on wonderful IHOGs, but I found the whole game overly simplistic and somewhat boring. I am glad others enjoyed it, but will pass.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 11, 10 4:22 PM
emilyone wrote:Have read all your comments on the game so gotta try it... gotta keep feeding that addiction lolol. I too noticed the difference in the language so was hesitant to download the trial... must be an option for english?? I hope anyways. Also, do you all know how the punch cards work? I filled a couple but have no coupons or whatever - got the email that said congrats but nothing since. Thanks for the info on the game, off to try it!

Your punch card rewards were in the "congratualtions" email. Each reward is on a separte line, and is a 16-digit letter and number code. The email will always have the subject line "Congratulations! Here is Your Punch Card Reward" and then in the email it will say:

Congratulations, you have earned a free Game Club Punch Card credit(s)! Credits can be redeemed for a free game of your choice.* Credit(s) will expire on November 30th, 2010.

Game Club credit code:

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

And then it will give instructions on how to use them. To use them, chose "purchase game" and when the invoice comes up, cut and paste your game club credit code into the box in the lower left corner of the invoice, then click "Apply Code" and the Total should change to "0.00"

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 11, 10 6:23 PM
so glad to see this one come out! i did a test of this game a few months ago and was really intrigued by the style of game play... there seemed to be a lot of everything... and the graphics and nice and bright and clear...

i will say this: the questions posed by the developers were thorough and painstakingly detailed... if there was a nook or cranny that a problem was hiding in, i don't think it would have gotten past any diligent testers/reviewers...

i really liked the pan & scan affect used in some scenes, and although there was a lot of running back and forth, i never felt lost... the puzzles were interesting and workable, though occasionally taking a little more effort or less, but never impossible...

in all, the game took me about four and a half hours to complete, but i took my time and recorded some details that i wanted to be sure to comment on once given the closing survey... so for members - $6.99 is a great price!

with the length, the look, and the great storyline - this is one that shouldn't be missed!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 11, 10 8:00 PM
I agree with all the positive posts. It is relaxing and fun. Okay, so the graphics are not top notch, but they are clear and nice to look at. Wish I knew how long it was. That's one reason why I like the walkthrough on games...it gives me an idea of how long it takes to finish. Don't like purchasing and finishing in 30 minutes. Going to go for this one anyway. I liked it.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 11, 10 9:07 PM
I started playing the demo and realized that I had done a beta test of this game. But something about the story seemed off, especially the explanation about the goggles and the portals. So I stopped the game and restarted under a different name. Some of the objects in the task list are different, so there is some replay value. And I did see an explanation of the goggles and portals, although much more brief than in the beta version I tested. My one negative comment is that by the time I got into the jungle, I had already found enough lamps to light the whole village. The devs could have come up with a couple of other objects to find besides lamps. This game will probably go on my buy list.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Oct 11, 10 11:26 PM
Definitely a "NO BUY" for me. Just not my type of game. Anyone else feel like this "dry spell" of bad games needs to be broken? The last game I purchased was in September, Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone. I have 4 credits and nothing worth buying. This is the longest I have ever gone without purchasing a game since joining! Come on BFG's - give us some good ones that aren't CE's please. Don't make me regret quitting the competitor site to join this one.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Oct 12, 10 2:01 AM
I don't think I will be purchasing this one. I liked the brighter colors and scenes, and the graphics were okay. I didn't mind the scrolling; it did not make me dizzy or nauseous, as some have in the past. I didn't like the story or the plot - it just wasn't written well. I want the "story" to stand alone - be interesting - make sense - be grammatically correct... Also, early on a padlock was at the corner of the task bar; I could see it and click on part of it, but I couldn't collect it. I spent way too long trying to determine what resolution would work for my 23w monitor; I did finally get that worked out and was able to pick up the other items in the demo. I think my bottom line dislike was the story...

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 12, 10 7:12 AM
was this game not released a while ago? i disliked it then, and i dislike it now!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 12, 10 10:57 AM
Thanks for all the reviews - will try it tonight. I have 3 credits from last month, so just may use one of them. If I could add my 2 cents - I buy all sorts of games, and play them depending on my mood. Sometimes a straight HOG, when I need to relax. Other times an IHOG, and then an Adventure, when I need something really stimulating. This sounds like one of the games I would play when I need to relax - like when I've just arrived home after a "wonderful" day at the office. And goofyduck77 - love your reviews.

[Post New]by veryoung on Oct 12, 10 3:08 PM
that sound? where the atmosphere is an uninhabited island? sorry but this stupid childish game is not for me ...

Go to: