Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by BethThomlinson on Oct 13, 10 8:33 AM
I agree with all the other posts that this is not a keeper for me.

- Scenes are very blurry. Since the sample graphics on the Web site have nice, crisp graphics, this seems like deceptive advertising

- Tiny objects hidden behind other objects. I couldn't even find everything in the third scene, including a bear. That was after mad clicking everywhere in the scene.

- All hidden objects, over and over

- When there is a break from these, find the differences in 3 variations. Seriously? The worst kind of game for this audience, and they specialize in it!

I am desperate for a good, new game, but this is not it. I would not even use a free credit on this game, let alone purchase it.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 13, 10 8:36 AM
LOL I thought I was the only one that was playing non stop Fishdom these days. I know we are not suppose to complain that we are going thru a dry spell and I know that we all being rather spoiled here at BFG with a new game everyday but good grief, I really want a great IHOG game and so far we aare now at the middle of October and I have yet to buy anything. OK guess I will go back and play either Drawn or RTR just so I get my grey cells working again. Im crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 8:37:01 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Oct 13, 10 8:39 AM
Allegedly there are bears in every scene. I did not find them in every scene I think I only foud 8 and I'm not sure how far I gor in the game. ( it's been a while since the demo ended-had to stop and watch the 15th miner come to the surface-yay!) I found it exceedingly difficult to find object and quite frequently I would click on an object randomly and have to look at the list to see what it was. Found my self thinking, "That was a....????" whatever that happened to be. I know there are those that like "Spot the Difference"-not me unless they are relatively easy or I really like the game.l So for me this is a no buy for those reasons.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 13, 10 8:46 AM
jkuci wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the sadistic nurse in this game looked EXACTLY like Nurse Mildred Ratched (acted by Louise Fletcher) from the film One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest???

When I played 3 cards to Midnight & Dead Time, Jess' mother Lila reminded me of Kathy Baker (Jesse Stone movies, Joe's mother on Medium & Picket Fences I think).

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 8:48:17 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 13, 10 8:48 AM
I have played the first Becky game and disliked it very much. I hope this game is better... but I was wrong! Graphic is bad, only itemsearching scene after scene (not interactive), bad storyline, uninteresting overall. I will pass on this game and wait for a good ihog/hog

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 13, 10 8:51 AM
Hi all, Just got in from work an hour or so ago. Been looking at the forums as I am downloading. Does not look good. But as usual I have to try it for myself. Shadowfax maybe I was toooooooooooooo optimistic on Sunday. Awash?

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Oct 13, 10 8:54 AM
Was looking forward to a simple HOG to just relax with. Objects are just too hard to find. Pretty sure I'll pass on buying this one.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 13, 10 9:32 AM
Its funny how I always seem to love the games that get bad reviews. When I watched the video I couldn't wait to get this one..was surprised by all the negative reviews.

1) No clicking penalty is GREAT!
2) No frustrating puzzles that I either have to go to the walkthru or skip
3) I still LOVE the dark themes esp when I saw it was a mental institution, I liked all the games with that theme I have played so far.
4) I must be the one out of ten that loves the compare the difference and jigsaws. To me those are the "mini" games I enjoy in a HOG. Anything but more pipes and Simon says puzzles!
5) I like the extra challenge of finding an additional object in each scene. Makes the game last longer.

Its a buy for me, I'll prolly get it with a PC credit next month. Smaller items just make it a challenge and with the no click penalty I'm sure it was made to be that way. Its a nice indulgent HOG for in between the really tough IHOGs..thats just my opinion though. I still find it funny that so many posts of late are either "too easy" "Beginner's game" "Not enough of a challenge" then when one is here comes the "Items too hard to find" that is the point I thought in a hidden object game. I don't want to find all the items in under 1 minute.... lol like Goldilocks and the three bears(no pun intended).. not all games are "just right" I guess. But IMHO this ones worth a look for yourself if you like a plain dark theme HOG with a bit of a challenge. May not be everyones , decide for yourself. I like it and look forward to playing both as I just got the first Becky Brogan game on a DD.

3 1/2

Happy Gaming all.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Oct 13, 10 9:35 AM
Before trying a new game, I always check the forums because you all are so awesome! From the comments, this game isn't for me either. I don't care for spot the difference puzzles or dark, hard to find, items. Really wanted a new good Hog, IHog, etc but passing this one.

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Oct 13, 10 9:50 AM
sinshack wrote:Congratulations on your "upgrade," GrandWeeze!

First of all, let me preface my review of this game by saying I'm desperate. I've resorted to playing endless rounds of Fishdom (great Match 3 game, BTW) to the extent that I got stuck in a traffic jam on my way to a doctor's appointment this morning and found myself thinking that if I swapped the red sedan in front of me with the black SUV in the next lane, I'd have three black SUVs in a row and be able to move up further.

Thanks, Sinshack! You had me laughing so hard! How sick are we! I've been trying to get past level 98 on Cradle of Rome and keep seeing chains breaking in my sleep!

Well, I tried the game and do agree with goofyduck, et al that this is a no buy, no way! Has anybody made any sense out of the patient reports? If the story line is compelling I can forgive fuzzy objects and having to use a hint on every screen (I'm a lazy gamer ) But that's not the case here.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Oct 13, 10 10:00 AM
Definitely not a game for me. What some developers lack in creativeness and ingenuity, they make up for by making scenes darker and objects more invisible. Straight up HOGs are really getting tired.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Oct 13, 10 10:05 AM
I lasted two scene's and said " no thank's". Love hidden object game's but this one is just so un-interesting. Agree to all of the comment's.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 13, 10 10:10 AM
It's my turn to be the odd ball I bought the first Becky Brogan and I just bought this one, too. I like it.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 13, 10 10:11 AM
THANKS FISHIES

I am passing this game too

I was looking for a good game..HATE SPOT THE THE DIFF>>>> H..E...L...L..O DEV"S we hate them

PEN

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Oct 13, 10 10:20 AM
As my previous comments I did download the game and gave it a try. Sorry to say that I agree with most of the nagative comments. The most irritating thing for me was that the items were almost impossible to locate, so it is a no buy for me.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Oct 13, 10 10:21 AM
I played the whole demo and I gotta say, this is a no buy for me as well. After the first 15 minutes, the game crashed and I had to start over from the begining as I lost my profile. When I went back in, I found all of the items to find were the same and in the same location so I think the replayability is not there. Also, For my personal choice, I don't like the spot the difference.
But the biggest complaint I have with this game is that the items are sooooo small It makes them almost impossible to find. I used at least 1 hint per scene and that is highly unusal for me. That along with poor graphics and not full screen and it's a no buy for me.
I guess my credits will have to wait. They are starting to pile up.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Oct 13, 10 10:22 AM
The game is terrible, graphics fuzzy, items are miniscule and so hard to find, straightforward HOG. Deleted the demo after 10 mins.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 13, 10 10:25 AM
I had to force myself to sit through the "TUTORIAL" of this game. After that, I only played one scene, and that was all I could take. I went straight to the forum to read what others had to say about this game. To sum it up, this is how I feel. Some gamers may like this type of game. To them, have fun, and enjoy. For me, I'll pass on this one. My October game card still isn't full.

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 10:37:02 AM PST

[Post New]by gamegal2010 on Oct 13, 10 10:25 AM
I find this game is Just OK. Not the worst and not the best.I agree it is hard to see some of the items but, If you really take the time to scan the screen it is possible to find more than half of the list of items. I suggest that everyone turn their screens to the brightest setting which help to locate the items. You can't see anything in this game on a dark, dimmed screen. The music and overall story is not interesting and this game is a definite NO buy for me. I think it is worth to try the hour trial though. Happy gaming to all my fishy friends!!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 13, 10 10:27 AM
The description of this game sounded promising to me, but unfortuately, like everything else that BFG has offered in the last 10 days, it was a real disappointment. Simple HOG; graphics dark and muddy. No compelling storyline, at least not in the time it took to play the hour demo. No buy for me. BTW, as an aside, the picture of the nurse is a direct lift of a picture of Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratchet in the film "One flew over the cuckoo's nest." Don't believe me? Google it!

Go to: