peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 9:05 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:

You crack me up... I was NOT meaning to "correct" you!! I just saw that and didn't want Poutoule to misunderstand and not use her coupons in time....

I'm sorry if you thought I was being the coupon police or something... That wasn't my intention...

Humble apologies dear friend...

shadowfax[/size][/color]

Hee Hee. The thought of coupon police! LOL! I was apologising for not thinking outside the box, or erm is it inside the box? (Wish there was a smiley rolling on the floor in fits of laughter)
Enjoy the game everyone, it is a cracker!!!![/

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 9:07:35 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 14, 10 9:15 AM
THANKS FISHIES

for the game reviews & the ROTFLMHO.....heeee...heee

I am going to DEMO it right now

B BK L

to MHO

Happy Gaming

PEN

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 14, 10 9:22 AM
I really enjoyed this game! Mostly agree with other positive comments and game review comments posted before me. I sort of enjoyed the croaking frog. LOL I played to the end of the demo and would purchase but am on a fixed income so will have to wait for the release of the regular version.

Great hidden object screens ... no tiny objects, no dark on dark, many items cleverly hidden in plain sight. Love that!!

Music was just ok ... if I was listening to a book; I'd mute it with no problem.

Did you see Felix?

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Oct 14, 10 9:37 AM
downloading to buy at the moment, the trial was great and Im so looking forward to the whole game and am just so happy to see a decent game at last

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 14, 10 10:02 AM
I played the free trial and was a bit surprised when it ended before the hour was up. I wasn't too sure I wanted to buy the CE. But when I went back and looked at the size of the total game, I decided right away that it is worth the cost! 0

After reading comments here, if I understand correctly, we aren't going to be back-tracking, etc. as in some of the previous games...but I loved doing that! I used the Strategy Guide one time in Poe/Black Cat...and when I saw what I needed, I said "duh!" ...I already had it in my inventory but hadn't checked! Keeps the memory sharp trying remember where I saw certain things.

I'm just hoping for a Dire Grove/Ravenhurst type game soon! Those are my favorites!!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 14, 10 10:04 AM
I really like this one. Games aren't easy and not really difficult either...nice blend. Something different for a change. Graphics are good and color is clear. Not too much running back and forth. Objects are just hard enough to find to make it interesting. Definite buy for me. Thanks!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 14, 10 10:28 AM
The grapihcs are excellent! The gameplay varies. There are simple HOG and then there are items you must collect to active/do things within the game. There are several mini-games. Only one I skipped (my nemsis - 3 objects on each end, switch them). The other mini-games were darling. There are rewards for playing without using hints and for not skipping mini-games. I can't say enough nice things about this game. Wonderful!

This game is an A+.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Oct 14, 10 10:37 AM
Back stroke against the tide as well . it's a little bit to easy for my liking ..prefer mystery the not knowing rather then to be one step ahead of the game ...But ...who can complain ...? Me ..of course !! But since I have caught up on all my games ...I guess it will just have to do !!! Cheers

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 14, 10 10:47 AM
I bought the game and am enjoying it. This month has been pretty barren for games in my opinion and I'm happy to find a good one even if it's a collector's edition. I also haven't had any of the glitches that some of the others have reported so I'll keep my fingers crossed as I continue playing.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Oct 14, 10 10:50 AM
Poutoule wrote:You said everything and I agree with you. At long last a good game, off to buy it. Shame it's a CE, I have 4 punch card credits and just don't know what to spend them on. Can't these credits be extended to next month ? Don't want to buy rubbish just for the sake of using them.

Poutoule, I might be mistaken (yes, it has happened, once I think ;-) ), but I believe the credits are good for 2 months. The ones I got the first week of October (for Sept. purchases) say they expire on Nov 30. So it looks like we do get 2 months to use them.

Happy Gaming!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 14, 10 10:53 AM
peglegann wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:

(Wish there was a smiley rolling on the floor in fits of laughter)

Bravenet forums have great icons, including a smiley rolling around on the floor and laughing. The peacelovebobbysherman message board uses Bravenet, and they have pages and pages of neat icons like that (one is a great animated "I'm shocked" with the eys bugging out and the mouth gaping open) so I really miss having those choices in other forums.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Oct 14, 10 10:55 AM
LoveMyBichons wrote:
Poutoule wrote:You said everything and I agree with you. At long last a good game, off to buy it. Shame it's a CE, I have 4 punch card credits and just don't know what to spend them on. Can't these credits be extended to next month ? Don't want to buy rubbish just for the sake of using them.

Poutoule, I might be mistaken (yes, it has happened, once I think ;-) ), but I believe the credits are good for 2 months. The ones I got the first week of October (for Sept. purchases) say they expire on Nov 30. So it looks like we do get 2 months to use them.

Happy Gaming!

To all: I just read on as saw that several good fishies had already responded to Poutoule. Sorry "P", didn't mean to appear to "jump on you" by adding more comments! See, I really CAN be mistaken!!!!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 14, 10 11:10 AM
No sense in reinventing the wheel... most reviews here have already summed the game up nicely. I usually play the demos of all games I'm interested in first, but with this one, like others similar, it was an immediate purchase and download. So far, really enjoying it I am very pleased with how BF lowered the CE game price for members, and how quickly they fill up the credit punch cards. I don't really utilize the strategy guides much, or other extras, but when I see a game such as this, I purchase right away.... I don't like waiting the few weeks for the regular to come out, and I'm sure that is the psychology BF banks on. Ok with me though... my pocket book, my budget, my decision.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 1:32:11 PM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 11:25 AM
sinshack wrote:
peglegann wrote:
(Wish there was a smiley rolling on the floor in fits of laughter)

Bravenet forums have great icons, including a smiley rolling around on the floor and laughing. The peacelovebobbysherman message board uses Bravenet, and they have pages and pages of neat icons like that (one is a great animated "I'm shocked" with the eys bugging out and the mouth gaping open) so I really miss having those choices in other forums.

YES You have seen similar ones to me. Aren't they great? LOL

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 14, 10 11:25 AM
tj1147 wrote:

I'm just hoping for a Dire Grove/Ravenhurst type game soon! Those are my favorites!!!

You and me both!
Finally after a long dry spell BFG has given us something good to sink our teeth into. I played 25 minutes of the demo and then purchased it. Everything positive that I could say has already been said here over and over again.
One gripe, which others have also stated is that I don't like the BFG policy of not letting you use your credits towards the purchase of a CE. I have *earned* these credits but the games offered in the last 12 days have not been worth wasting a credit on. Then when this game comes along I can't use them but I'm itching to play a good new game so although I rarely buy CE's I purchase it.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 11:27:02 AM PST

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 14, 10 11:39 AM
CasualGran wrote:Okay, a very nice new HOG with excellent graphics! I was very glad when I discovered it as today's new game when I visited the BF site again.

Thanks for all the comments and reviews so far, it looks like my good impressions from playing most of the demo are correct.

I woudl like to buy because it has:

- beautiful graphics
- an interesting story
- very good findable objects
- NO TIMER
- nice enough music and
- fairly good minigames

But... it's a CE. That means I can't use the 3 game credits I've earned with my last punchcards. That's a pity. I would gladly spend all 3 of them for this 1 CE, but that's not possilbe, alas. So... I've not deceided yet if I'll be willing to spend 13,99 right now...

In the meantime: Happy Gaming folks, 'cause this game looks very good!

EDIT:

Oh my... I've got a weakness for beautiful graphics so... I'll BUY this game

I just can't resist...

CasualGran, you're killin' me. I liked the demo also but I was trying to have enough will power to wait on the SE because I have 3 credits. Now I'm startin' to cave.......................AHHHHHHHHHH!
Dr.good

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 14, 10 11:59 AM
Very enjoyable game. To begin, there is no casual or expert mode choice--which is the only thing that saddened me about the game. (I prefer not to be spoonfed where to look for stuff.) There is no wide screen adjustment, however, none of the objects are hidden on the screen edges, so there is no difficulty with that. You can select between custom or regular cursor, however, if you choose to use regular cursor, it does not become a magnifying glass when you can look at something--it does change to a cross-arrow though. The graphics are wonderfully done with virtually no dark areas requiring extra monitor lighting (kudos for that). The story is different/odd what with trolls and the strange disappearances of the celebraties, but it does move right along and doesn't bog down. It flows continuously (there are just a few places where it has to load) and there is not much of running back and forth. The puzzles are plentiful, but not difficult. It took me six hours to complete, using no hints and no puzzle skips and no strategy guide. I got all of the achievements. (Don't you just love achievements!) The strategy guide is integrated with the game play. I looked it over afterwards and it seems very well detailed--a step by step walkthrough with puzzle solutions. I loved the homage to Felix!

Due to the discovery of many technical errors in the game--I've updated my review. and changed the rating. My new reveiw can be found later in this section.

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 10:54:50 AM PST

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Oct 14, 10 12:02 PM
I am so impressed with this game. It has everything I like:

terrific music
stays true to the period it is protraying...no cell phones hidden with the decades old decor.
great puzzles that are unique, but not terribly hard.
love the idea that you can click as much as you want.
I feel relaxed playing this game
the graphics are stupendous..sure hope I am spelling that correctly.
holds my interest...challenging and yet not impossible. I challenged myself to not use any clues. Did it!!

I really like the hidden objects. They are well done and none are "hiding"...just great art work that makes you look again and maybe again for that elusive handprint or button.

I would love to get the collector's edition (CE) but I am going to have to wait for the regular edition. Darn!!! But for those who want the CE, you are in for a great game in all ways. Have fun!!!!!!!!!! And you will!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Big Fish...please keep bringing this beautiful, challenging, brilliant games to us.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 12:08 PM
happygrams18 wrote:I am so impressed with this game. It has everything I like:

terrific music
stays true to the period it is protraying...no cell phones hidden with the decades old decor.
great puzzles that are unique, but not terribly hard.
love the idea that you can click as much as you want.
I feel relaxed playing this game
the graphics are stupendous..sure hope I am spelling that correctly.
holds my interest...challenging and yet not impossible. I challenged myself to not use any clues. Did it!!

I really like the hidden objects. They are well done and none are "hiding"...just great art work that makes you look again and maybe again for that elusive handprint or button.

I would love to get the collector's edition (CE) but I am going to have to wait for the regular edition. Darn!!! But for those who want the CE, you are in for a great game in all ways. Have fun!!!!!!!!!! And you will!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Big Fish...please keep bringing this beautiful, challenging, brilliant games to us.

You said that well. It is lovely to have so many happy fish in the pond today.

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Oct 14, 10 12:29 PM
I'm sorry but I didn't like this one.

I thought judging by all the good comments it has been receiving that this would break the dry spell of a chain of boring games.

However, this was just too boring. Find a crowbar, use the crowbar. Find a key, use the key. Find a light bulb, use the light bulb. Etc. The objects were used almost right as you found them or in the next scene. There was simply no challenge. I like to figure out what goes where and match items. But everything was used with no real thought.

The puzzles were very dull, IMO. A jigsaw puzzle with like 6 or 7 pieces? Hello? Match the pictures? Arrange the light bulbs?

Just not for me. When the game first started, it looked like it would be an MCF rip off. Old car. Detective badge. Diary. Victorian Era house, etc. Which was fine to me. I love those games and wish there were more like it. It is as if this one TRIED to be like R2R and DG but just couldn't cut it.

It wasn't even appealing in its own right.

The game also appeared very linear. Point A to Point B to Point C to Point D. Etc. I like to wander around, explore, backtrack, etc. If it gets better, I have no idea since I don't plan on purchasing after my demo stopped.

But if it didn't grab me during the trial, I don't like taking a risk to see if things get better. No go for me. :-(

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 12:41:23 PM PST

Go to: