Re:Can't Light the torches/lanterns.

[Post New]by jubidoo on Oct 23, 10 3:25 PM
I too struggled with lighting the lamp in the temple and having spotted the response from BF to run Dr Felix and send email with i attached I did so. What did I get back?............ nothing! Nada, no response. Just what is happening with this major glitch? I was really enjoying the game up to that point, but am becoming very disillusioned with the service from BF now. Never mind saying 'Start over', that is not an acceptable solution.

mclauk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mclauk on Oct 24, 10 12:36 AM
What is happening here! It has been more than a week and people are still buying this game and then coming across this same problem.
Shame on BFG! I have been trying to send the Dr. Felix file and it will not let me send the email. I'm just in a loop of "check for answers" and then it won't let me send. Very convenient. No way to send an email.
How do I go about getting a credit for this game since apparently they have no intention of fixing it?

sapmem
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by sapmem on Oct 24, 10 1:00 AM
ARE YOU NUTS NOT STARTING OVER AGREE REFUND

[Post New]by carinou on Oct 25, 10 1:35 PM
I'm sorry in advance for all the people who have worked hard on making this game playable, but I am a video games tester myself and such a bug HAS to be fixed!
Come on, get real, you can't ask the players to start the whole game over just because YOU guys forgot a bug! It's an important system bug as it simply prevents the players from progressing the game!!! It's not just a small and insignificant language bug!!!
Besides, I would like to add that I have played many hidden object games and this one is by far not even one of the best ones I've played. Too much information about what you have to do next in some cases, and not enough in some other cases. Plus, the game progression is a little inconsistent, as you keep going back and forth, without any reason sometimes.
In my opinion, it should have definitely been more expanded.
AND FIX THIS BUG!!!

SMJF
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by SMJF on Oct 25, 10 8:53 PM
I bought this game with a refund from another game with an area that wouldn't work. That forum had a long list of other players who couldn't get past the area also. If I buy anything else I guess I'll have to read the forum complaints first. Does anyone from BFG read the forums and try to fix these problems or are they just happy to take our money. Never had a problem before but if the games are for sale I expect them to run or have problems fixed in a timely manner!

SMJF
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by SMJF on Oct 25, 10 8:56 PM
Forgot to tell everyone which other game I had a problem with. It was James Patterson's Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies. Both games are on the "Featured" row. Maybe BFG is trying to move too fast and introduces games without adequate testing.

ptoretti
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ptoretti on Oct 26, 10 7:34 PM
I'm astounded that there is no bug fix for this issue. I only peek at a walk through if I get stuck. I'm also a system developer for business systems, and something like this is a critical bug fix. It should not matter that I put oil in all 4 lamps first!

The suggestion to start over at this point is inane. I downloaded the Felix tool and will send a problem report, but I want my $ back for this klunker.

L__H
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by L__H on Oct 27, 10 3:31 PM
I'm stuck on this, too. Refund, please ...? Who do we talk to in order to get our money back (or a game credit)?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 27, 10 4:10 PM
Hey Fishies,

To request an exchange or refund for this game, please get in touch with Customer Support. To do this, click on the green envelope , then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

If you have any technical issues with the game, please post in the main thread here. Posting here and writing in to Tech Support is most helpful and allows us to collect necessary information for any technical issues that might be happening for our games.

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by surfo515 on Oct 30, 10 7:41 PM
Got so mad. I am uninstalling the game. We shgould get our money back.

slesj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by slesj on Oct 31, 10 6:28 PM
I also had trouble lighting the torches/lanterns. Up until this point in the game I was not even consulting the walk through, I was even proud of that. I agreed that because there is this problem with the program we should get a refund not from you but the people who create this game. I do not look forward to starting over.

[Post New]by zenakarin on Nov 3, 10 2:25 PM
I have the same problem. Liked the game so far. What I don't understand is that nothing has been done so far to fix this bug. Looking at the long list of fishies who have the same problem it's clearly not very obvious that you have to fill the lamps and light them one by one.
The suggestion that we should follow the walkthrough is stupid, there's no fun in playing this kind of games if you have to use the walkthrough all the time. For me walkthroughs are handy, but only when I can't figure out by myself what I should do next.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Nov 3, 10 6:54 PM
Same bug. Jeeze! At this point I'm wondering if ANYONE has been able to finish the game?! It's too bad because it's one of my rare HOG purchases, and I would have liked to have finished, but there is no way I'm running through all those steps again. It was bad enough with all the back and forth and back and forth the first time.

Bad BFG for not just patching this!

sapmem
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by sapmem on Nov 5, 10 10:00 PM
SOME ONE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE TORCHES WHAT CAN WE DO WITHOUT STARTING OVER HELPPPPPPPPP

[Post New]by djword on Nov 7, 10 1:55 PM
For those of you having this problem, check out the user-created solution in the thread "Stuck at LIt Lamps? Try this solution". It worked perfectly for me and only took a couple of minutes so now I don't have to start over.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Nov 8, 10 6:13 PM
I did the same as everyone else put oil in 2 lamps and can not light; hate to start over. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by 3Porkchops on Nov 8, 10 8:15 PM
Like most people with children I do not get much "quiet me time". I'm extremely upset that my only alternative is to restart this game. I have had a few games that have done this to me on BFG and I'm so disappointed! At $6.99 a game plus tax (higher for some), I really feel, now that this has happened again, that you need to start giving refunds. I am so NOT starting all over! Such a shame!

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 8:16:33 PM PST

[Post New]by snowmass on Nov 8, 10 10:36 PM
Felix, Felix, I have been playing your games for many years. I see that I am not the only one stuck on the second torch in the temple room. Could you please Fix this glitch now and keep us, your monthly customers happy instead of frustrating us into abandoning your web-site for good. This web-site is my down time from a long day at work and I so enjoy the games , puzzles etc. that Big Fish Games brings to me, that when I spend days in trying to figure out how to get out of a room...( OR I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG ) and spend a fair amount of time to figure out the problem ...without cheating and paying for the cheating...(walk through) only to find out many more of your paying customers are having the same problem..
Sincerely,
Snowmass

[Post New]by shirleyb77 on Nov 9, 10 4:39 PM
I've been having trouble too and just spoke to someone on the chat line. They've issued a new build of the game. Here's what she said to do:
1) Uninstall the game
2) Reinstall from the member section game download
3) Create a new character
4) This should fix the problem

GOOD LUCK!

[Post New]by Margaret19 on Nov 10, 10 2:44 PM
to uninstall and reinstall and create a new character is still starting over.

I can not find the post with the try this.

Go to: