Have you tried Gemini Lost?.Farm Tribe looks similar

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 6:51:15 PM PST

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Tribe

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Oct 18, 10 8:26 PM
Oh nurtz, here is another game that has me as addicted as Chocolatier Decadence By Design. I was a little leery of the game at first, but by the time I had finished the demo I was as hooked and flopping on the shore as those salmon. I played Virtual Village many moons ago, but didn't like it because all my little people would up and die on me if I wasn't careful. They just kept going even when I was away. This game at least halts when you hit the EXIT button. Cute game, love it, and especially appreciate all the hints and tips from the super smart and alert fishies that are ahead of me in the game.

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Oct 18, 10 8:56 PM
Brilliant. Another thread here helped me finish the game. I was clueless on how to find the last totem.

All glitches aside, this game was amazing. I will buy the sequel easily.

I loved the speed, the challenges, the AI that was definitely there, etc. (VERY nice!) I didn't want or need a walkthrough and I only checked here for the most difficult things and even then only because I thought there was a problem. That's some great challenges.

Well done makers. And thank you for the timely fix for the crashing. I played this game 4 times before that fix came out. I thought I was 'almost' done each time. I was wrong. So much to be done and I appreciate that.

I love Wandering WIllows a ton, beta tested it and thought it was perfect before they even released it. This beats it out I think.

Now to try again using my ultimate strategies

On a tiny side note, all the stuff that came out towards the end came out really fast for me. Buy this, build that, etc, etc. etc. I did have to work for the money but not one thing else. I had so much built up that I didn't even notice the importance of the GPS thing or whatever else got released all in that timeline. Not at all a complaint though. Totally enjoyed it.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Oct 18, 10 11:17 PM
I lasted 6 minutes before deciding that this game is rubbish - sorry - nothing to recommend it - too hard to get people to do anything.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Oct 19, 10 9:26 AM
talisman018:
I hate to be so negative,but it really needed to be said. Not a very well made game. I hope this humble review helps!
Happy gaming!!

PS: I tested only the version sent to me by Big Fish and NOT this current version. They may have fixed everything, so please try before you judge.

Talisman, I also did the Beta test, and I agree with everything you said.

A pet peeve of sorts is that game makers who are marketing to a language that is foreign to them don't take the time or expense to have someone whose native language is that of the targeted market proof their translations. Even a good student of a foreign language is not likely to understand the nuances of many words with similar meanings or how the language flows and sounds to a native speaker. There are lots of us old English majors hanging around and playing games--just ask for the help! This game wasn't as bad as some I've seen in this regard, but it was enough to be disrupting to me (at least in the Beta version.)

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I really do not like the Frenzy and Dash types of Time Management games, but I do enjoy the community and building types of the task management and strategy varieties, so I hoped I would like this one. I really did not, and it was a chore to keep playing until the Beta ran out.

[Post New]by careyo459 on Oct 19, 10 9:34 AM
I have found all the collection pieces by one shell from the middle row. anyone got any suggestions?

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Oct 19, 10 10:02 AM
I'm about 45 minutes into the demo and so far the game is way to easy...does anyone know if it gets more challenging?

thanks

ksknjones
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ksknjones on Oct 19, 10 3:16 PM
I played the demo and I really liked it. Someone had stated they thought this game was pretty long, but then I saw where someone had finished it in 2 hours. In my opinion if a game only takes 2 hours to finish it is not worth $7. I get very frustrated when a good game ends so quickly. All of the Farm Frenzy's, which I LOVE have tons of levels. I don't understand why they can't jut add a few extra levels to make a agame worth the money. Can someone please clarify how long this game is, or how long it took you to finish it?
Thanks, ksknjones

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Oct 19, 10 3:30 PM
Gamsetter_com wrote:
mendolyn wrote:i'm honestly confused by the comments about not having enough help on this game because everything you have to accomplish is pretty much spoon fed to you.

I also wrote about the less help, but the reason was (and I guess for others as well), that I experienced one of the glitches the game had. Later on I found out, that most of it was to solve by simply restarting the game.

But when you try everything to fulfill a task and nothing works, you get the impression, that more help would be needed.

After I finished the game (with a crash), I have to admit - when you simply can play through, it is pretty easy.

ah i see. i didn't have any of those issues so i was confused. i really hope they get these bugs worked out of the game because overall i found it quite enjoyable. i did find out after i had finished playing that i could no longer get back into that profile and continue playing after i had exited. i was able to start a new profile.

one thing i noticed after starting again was that all the extra items you find for the collection seem to be in the same place. the only one i haven't been able to find was a gem stone.

if all the bugs can be worked out i'd say this is very well worth playing and even with them i am enjoying the game a second time around, hoping to find all the collection pieces this time

[Post New]by Beck_Fish on Oct 19, 10 9:11 PM
So they didn't fix the language, huh? I did the beta test, and that was my only complaint. This was one of the worst examples I'd ever seen. In some cases it was not even clear what they were trying to communicate.

I guess I won't be buying the game. I don't know how other people can stand it.

It seems the game makers and BFG will never try to remedy this problem. I suppose as long as people buy the games, why should they care if the narrative and instructions are comprehensible?

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Oct 19, 10 10:14 PM
ksknjones wrote:I played the demo and I really liked it. Someone had stated they thought this game was pretty long, but then I saw where someone had finished it in 2 hours. In my opinion if a game only takes 2 hours to finish it is not worth $7. I get very frustrated when a good game ends so quickly. All of the Farm Frenzy's, which I LOVE have tons of levels. I don't understand why they can't jut add a few extra levels to make a agame worth the money. Can someone please clarify how long this game is, or how long it took you to finish it?
Thanks, ksknjones

The time length of the game was going to be my next question. 2 hours? That's all? Then it's a no. That's WAY TOO SHORT! Nice game, though.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Oct 20, 10 2:56 AM
CRIOGAMES_ART wrote:Sorry, but I've played many times and at all times not less than 6 hours ...

Respectfully, I hope it's understood that this respond might not hold much credibility because the game maker (Crio games) benefits if the game sells well. In other words, I'd prefer a testimonial from someone who would not directly benefit from game sells. Just a non-biased consumer.

And why are you sorry about it?

[Post New]by littleoracle on Oct 20, 10 7:26 AM
I liked this game! It's similar to the Village games that are real-time, but I have absolutely no patience for real-time games (I end up messing with my computer clock to move the games forward). With this in mind, this was refreshing.

It seems like the creators noticed some complaints of real-time Village games and took note. A character has supplies and you can actually pick him/her up to drop them off in the supply hut rather than lose them like it's predecessors. That was always frustrating. Also, the characters learn their roles quicker than others - such as if one is assigned to fish, that is what they'll do rather than say "NO!" like I've experienced in other real-time games.

Only a few issues being that I figured out how to make some serious bucks very quickly and had to wait and wait for the next challenges or for other buildings to open up to buy. I would have liked to see either higher values money/technology wise to shoot for or more challenges. Also, the language barrier was somewhat obvious. Some of the characters said things that I have no idea what they meant and had to figure it out later.Maybe the map opens up more as the challenges come along. Also, it seemed like all I needed to do was cook to survive this island. I'd like to see a variety of challenges other than "Let's bake a cake!"

Otherwise, nice game - finished in two days. Make it longer next time!

Vixen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen on Oct 20, 10 11:09 AM
I enjoyed Farm Tribe, but it is a mix of several other sim games such as virtual villagers, etc, as some one has already mentioned.

The grammar (I think someone said English translation) was atrocious! When the text of a game is filled with spelling and grammatical errors, it detracts from gameplay. I spend more time that I'd like trying to determine what I'm being told, rather than enjoying the game. That's just unnecessary frustration!

I do like playing Farm Tribe (I bought it). Was just a little slow in how long it took to accomplish some of the tasks. One thing I didn't like was what appeared to be an unfinished goal. You are told at the beginning of the game that a $250,000 debt must bet paid off, but this is never addressed later. The only hint of it is the interest payments made to the bank on two different occasions.

Would like more storage for food hut.

Why is there an option to hire more workers than you can house? Built all the living quarters, and hired a total of 20 workers. The store still offered another worker that could not be hired, and there were no more huts to build.

All in all, I like the game and will play it again. (I have completed it for now.)

Vixen

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 11:11:30 AM PST

[Post New]by Althiva on Oct 20, 10 1:09 PM
Hello,
I need someone to help me.
my cows do not produce milk because I can not make any worker there, will go straight to the corn.
someone you miss this too?
how I can fix it?
thanks

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Oct 20, 10 3:35 PM
Hey Lisa522 - Little folk of fairy while not having a pause, you don't have to worry cuz they will go and get food if they are hungry and so do not "die" like in several other games (My Tribe, VV, etc.) Wild Tribe does pause and you need to do it. I can't remember if Gemini Lost does or not, but I own it and haven't had any "bone piles" or headstones upon return with no people left so I guess it pauses for you. I bought this after reading the reviews (as you can tell I LOVE THIS TYPE OF GAME!) and am very Happy I did. I left it a few times and again - they don't "die" they just go get what they need - rest, food, conversation etc... THIS GAME IS FUN FUN FUN - However, I am stuck now and cant find the "Stove Stone" so it is back to the drawing board until someone can give me a "gentle" nudge in the right direction~! Happy gaming fishies

Lisa522 wrote:
gimmegames wrote:
Can all you wonderful fishies please suggest what games I should play *first*, to learn how to be able to play these games and enjoy them, rather than just create huge cemeteries?

That's because most of them advance with a real-time aspect even when your game is shut down.

I don't believe Gemini Lost does this. Also, in My Tribe - even though the time DOES advance, you can put your game on pause before saving and exiting and that will stop it from doing this.

One game like this I tried - Little Folk of Faery - apparently has no way to pause, which makes it no buy for me. I'm not going to commit to babysit the game on a daily basis. If I can't play when and if I want to only, then I won't play at all.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 20, 10 4:27 PM
i was a little skeptical about this one because i haven't liked those villager games and didn't care for gemini lost, either... BUT i love wandering willows and i'm always willing to give anything a try!

boy, was i surprised! right away i got sucked in and i'm fishing and farming and building and learning and inviting people to join my motley crew and then it hit me: little folk of faerie!! it's exactly the same mode of play... you send your little people to do things and they learn while they do, they need to eat and talk to each other once in a while... and that's when i said - i have got to get this!

i like how there are tasks outside of what you're going about your day doing - like someone asking for you to fix up three fish dinners... who knew we'd be doing take-out on our little island?? and the buildings can be upgraded like your typical farming game, along with new plant beds and the occasional recipe!

the graphics aren't all that bad and the music isn't skull-drilling - very easy to tune out... moving the map around can be a little awkward at first, but if you're looking for a particular person you can just click through the arrows to visit each profile - and be magically whisked away to wherever that person is - or use your space bar... my advice for those who suffer from vertigo [like me] is to look down or to the side of the monitor as you scroll... and if you're picking up your people to make them move faster, just drag them a little slower next time

as in most games like this, cooked food is better - sells for more and gives your people more energy... but if you feed them often enough, you shouldn't need to worry about that! i'm always making them eat and talk to each other... happy workers make good workers!! and don't forget to send them off to school once in a while so you can earn tech-points! they allow you to research new and better techniques for whatever you need to do! and who doesn't want it bigger and better??

well, i'm off to the farm - feel free to join me!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 20, 10 4:32 PM
PS - a note about little folk of faerie:

you can walk away from the game and not worry about anything... the clock can be used to change the way time flows... you can speed it up a little or a lot if you're trying to get someone to level up or if you have all your people working and you want to get it done now! you can also slow it down so they all look like they're walking through molasses, or stop it altogether...

when i would leave the game i would park my people in whatever learning station i wanted them in and set it to slow... then i would open it up some several hours later and suddenly they were all very smart!

happy gaming

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Oct 20, 10 9:01 PM
Althiva wrote:Hello,
I need someone to help me.
my cows do not produce milk because I can not make any worker there, will go straight to the corn.
someone you miss this too?
how I can fix it?
thanks

actually the people that you drop on the dairy will go to the corn to pick it for the cows and keep feeding them. when the corn needs to be replanted they will replant the corn and then go back to feeding the cows once it is grown. eventually milk shows up that they will take to the storage. milk takes a little while to produce and so does flour when you buy the mill so be patient and try not to have anyone picking the crops that these buildings require for food at the time you're trying to gather them. i suggest while you are trying to get milk that you don't have any workers just picking corn for the storage but instead put them on the cows until you get all the milk you need for the objective.

also i'm not sure who played this thru in 2 hours...i kind of doubt it. the game moves pretty quick and there's lots to do but i'd say my first time thru it took probably 4+ hours (wandered off a couple times but usually paused the game so 4+ is an estimate). it might go faster a second time since you know how to do everything more efficiently but i'm really having my doubts about 2 hours even then. hope this helps

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 9:05:22 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 20, 10 11:59 PM
Thanks for responding to some of my concerns about trying tribe type games. I know I will come back to look again at the various games you've mentioned as being relatively fatality free, and so on.

Go to: