Re:Post any Mysteries of Magic Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by thelaeve on Nov 14, 10 7:29 AM
mcaninch wrote:I am looking for the room in which the last talsman is located; the walkthough says to go to the right of the screen, but there is no way to get into the room that I am seeing the edge of. From reading some of the forum messages it must be the room with the oil lamps in it. How do I get there?

I have the same problem, and I am NOT INTERESTED to uninstalling and reinstalling and startover. It is stupid - I paid for the game, and it is not working! I hope, that BFG refunds game credits for this game.

[Post New]by ivysusie on Nov 21, 10 11:19 AM
Jessee08 wrote:I am at the fire potion part of the game where you are in the cabin and need to put together the torn paper pieces. I have it all together except the last 2 pieces which are too far down on the page to grab and move. If I try, the down arrow comes on and it moves me to another location. How do I pick up the final 2 pieces without starting over? I have tried exiting and coming back in and that does not work.
Fortuneately, I didnot have a problem with the lamps, but I think there is a major problem with this game and I would like a refund. I cannot afford to keep buying games that are not functioning properly.

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 11:23:11 AM PST

MeMeStaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MeMeStaz on Dec 8, 10 2:31 AM
I am not able to light the second candle in the cave - Can you help? Thanks!

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 2:32:53 AM PST

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Dec 21, 10 11:41 AM
I stopped playing the other day while I was matching scrolls in the cabinet. Now when I restart, I'm unable to select any scrolls, and there are still a few to be matched. I have tried backing out and doing other things, but nothing seems to reset it.

What can I do? Other than starting the game all over again...

[Post New]by tbird36 on Mar 24, 11 3:42 PM
I see lots of problems with the lamp...which I guess I have to look forward to since I haven't gotten there yet. My problem is the air talisman. Every time I pull the pieces up and click to start matching together the talisman, the game freezes. Also, notice the screen will frequently flash and flicker leading (eventually) to an access error message.

skhouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by skhouse on Mar 29, 11 1:21 PM
I am enjoying this game, but have hit a "virtual wall." I put the gold bar together BEFORE I made the glue potion, and I cannot get out of the reconstruction box. I sure would hate to have to start over if there is a way around this. This is a fun, simple game, great for relaxing (not much thought needed, LOL), but apparently it has bested me, has me "Boxed in"....... so to speak. Thanks for your help.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 30, 11 10:05 PM
The BEST recommendation I can give to all of you is to CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECTLY VIA THEIR "LIVE CHAT" LINE (M - F - see info on "My Account" File - first page, for details about using this). This is the ONLY strategy I have found where CS staffers CAN'T ignore you or your gaming problems, so it's speedy, highly effective, and they will generally provide a PROMPT refund/replacement coupon.

If the "Chat Live" hours conflict with your work hours, then try phoning the company at (removed by moderator).

Otherwise, you can check out their "standard" words of wisdom at this link:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/122713.page

Best wishes to all! [Warning - Rainbow Explorer's Posts To Be Censored By Moderators So Read Quickly!]

Edited on 05/31/2011 at 3:19:26 PM PST

gayle5975
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by gayle5975 on Nov 20, 11 3:39 PM
I have problems with the program loading very slowly between screens. When I closed the game, it froze my compute. Had to restart manually.

Not sure I will get this game because of the slow screen changes. I do like playing it.

[Post New]by johanne1984 on Dec 1, 11 2:45 AM
I can't get the candles to light in the cave, i got the rune and wire but thats all.
I liked what i was able to play and i would like to finish it so any chance of a new
one.

[Post New]by candidme on Jan 29, 12 12:53 PM
joss_57 wrote:Me to i can't get the fire rune to light the candles in the cave door way after picking up the lighting rune and wire, before Part4.

Has anyone come up with the problem solver to this game yet,was really enjoying it.
I'll wait to see if a patch turns up for it i dont feel like starting again.

[Post New]by katmanda on Feb 3, 12 2:13 PM
i have managed to get as far as making the oil potion but the grandmaster won't recognise that i have done so and won't let me go through to the temple plz anyone got any ideas

[Post New]by katmanda on Feb 3, 12 2:15 PM
johanne1984 wrote:I can't get the candles to light in the cave, i got the rune and wire but thats all.
I liked what i was able to play and i would like to finish it so any chance of a new
one.
you need to collect an oar and a saw then make in the potion room

[Post New]by mitchkins on Jul 2, 12 12:45 PM
After i agreed to buy this game, at the bargain price offered,after I had purchased two other games. IT WILL NOT EVEN OPEN ON My screen. I click play, the screen goes black and stays black. I have to use CAD to get the screen to recover.Have tried ten times yesterday and three times today. I WILL NEVER try to play this game again, IF I can get it to uninstall. It Is so poorly designed it is pure junk!!!

[Post New]by mongo551 on Dec 14, 12 9:40 AM
I have purchased the game and found it very interesting up until I got to the point at which I was supposed to assemble the air talisman. I did all of the prerequisite tasks and it did not go to the correct screen to give me the pieces of the talisman to assemble. I used the water spell on the basin and the form appeared in the air above it but would not let me do anything else. I have uninstalled and re-installed it twice to no avail. Please advise me as to what to do. I would like to finish the game. I await your answer and thank you in advance for any help you might give me.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 14, 12 11:25 AM
Hey there mongo551,

Thanks for already uninstalling and reinstalling the game (twice)!

I've checked through the Mysteries of Magic Island Walkthrough but didn't find any reference to an 'air talisman'. Are you trying to assemble the 'wind talisman'?

In any case, I find it helpful to go through the walkthrough to make sure I've completed everything before that point. Sometimes a game doesn't let you progress unless everything has been done!

If there's still an issue getting the pieces of the talisman to appear please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by pinterman on Oct 12, 14 11:21 AM
When I try to cut the vines on the pillars,with the scissors, it puts the scissors back into the inventory. Did anybody else have this same problem? I can not go any further in this game, as I eally enjoyed playing it without any glinches except for this part of the game.

Go to: