Re:Post any Sinister City technical issues here only

[Post New]by beetwo on Oct 20, 10 10:51 PM
Once I download Sinister City, it will not open. I've tried four times. Each time it won't open, I delete it, wait for a while and try again. So I guess I won't be playing this one.

duchess436
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by duchess436 on Oct 21, 10 1:25 AM
mhatfie wrote:Game loaded fine, no problems. Played for about 30 mins. I shut game off for awhile and when I came back in the screen froze and could not continue the game. I am not too disappointed as the game was not as good as I had thought earlier....... and it is short. I don't usually have problems with games freezing so I know this is "their" problem ( the developers ) and not my computer. Games that are well tested run flawlessly with no glitches or freezing.

hi there mhatfie i was just wondering you say you went back in to play the game but it froze & you couldnt continue then you say the game was short & not that good so does this mean you actually got to play the game? if so could you plz share what you did so i can try it while im waititng for cust. support & i'll probably just ask for a refund too many problems for too many people, just wish i knew before purchasing. i hope everyone gets their problem solved & if you can share mhatfie thank you in advance have a great day! duchess436

[Post New]by snorkeler525 on Oct 21, 10 5:19 AM
JillianRhea wrote:Every time i click the ladder to get to the bird cage the game shuts down Every time!

Same here trying to play demo on Mac. Guess this is another botched Mac game. Just glad I didn't buy it first. Will file tech ticket.

Zaitai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Error message at Chapter Two (?)--after the clock/mirror scenes

[Post New]by Zaitai on Oct 21, 10 6:37 AM
My game crashes after 30 minutes during the scene change. I get the game cursor, but "Click anywhere to continue" yields nothing. When I call up the Task Manager, the game shows an error message. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but the same thing happens.

[Post New]by AbbySF on Oct 21, 10 8:19 AM
For me, the hint system isn't working. It worked for the early part of the game, but now, it loads and looks full, but clicking on it does nothing. (I'm at the part of the game where I'm looking for the tripod, camera, and film right now, and simply cannot find the film ANYWHERE. The hints have been broken for a little while, but this is the first time it matters...)

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 21, 10 11:06 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and thank you all for taking the time out to report in the tech issues thread. Here are some great help articles that you can check out if you're experiencing any game freezes, game display issues or mouse issues, please make sure that all of these updates have been made to your system:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Direct X

If you're unable to progress at a certain point in the game, please try starting over with a new player profile to see if you can get through a second time.

Still having issues? Please contact Tech Support with as much information as you can! To do this, please click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Blitzmiz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Blitzmiz on Oct 21, 10 2:09 PM
Nearly at the end of this game and it causes an access error and hangs at the point of handing the Director the Clapperboards. ..... anyone else experiencing the same?

Blitzmiz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Blitzmiz on Oct 21, 10 2:12 PM

to be honest this just seems like a very buggy game indeed - who wants to go right back to the beginning when you're nearly at the end - its not exactly in the same class as "Drawn" this one - Sinister City is certainly the most buggy game I've ever purchased

Ktallia
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ktallia on Oct 21, 10 6:15 PM
I'm having trouble collecting the green tea bags in the doc's office. I click on the items that show up in red but the item doesn't move into my inventory. Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue?

I really don't want to be sorry that I brought this game. Thanks for helping me out.

maxpatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maxpatch on Oct 21, 10 7:04 PM
terih wrote:The game crashed when I just got near the clock... not very far into the game either! So this is a NO buy for me!
yep it happened to me too,

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 22, 10 8:43 PM
I made it to the end (I think) but the game freezes at the "movie" made by vampire daddy at the quote along the lines of "Don't worry about that, our special effects guys will take care of that". Image frozen there and can't exit. Any one else?

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Oct 24, 10 6:47 PM
Downloaded this game just fine, but when I went to play it, the screen was W I D E, and I could view only half of it. Unfortunately, the half with the settings that I was supposed to select it were on the other side of the screen that I couldn't see. I tried closing the game out and changing the settings on my screen under Display Properties several times to no avail. Pity, would have liked to have least played a demo on this one. Guess I will just uninstall and forget it. There are so many others to play anyway! Happy gaming, y'all!
~M

[Post New]by Aramiso on Oct 26, 10 2:40 AM
Blitzmiz wrote:Nearly at the end of this game and it causes an access error and hangs at the point of handing the Director the Clapperboards. ..... anyone else experiencing the same?

Crashes at the same spot just after collecting the clapboards. Something about a video error.

[Post New]by wildbill85 on Oct 26, 10 10:47 PM
Keep getting an OGRE EXCEPTION error when trying to play the game, running windows 7.

jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jammer333 on Oct 29, 10 10:40 AM
Blitzmiz wrote:Nearly at the end of this game and it causes an access error and hangs at the point of handing the Director the Clapperboards. ..... anyone else experiencing the same?

Yes I am and it crashed one time before also....had to shut puter down

[Post New]by cadamia on Oct 29, 10 2:21 PM
no clitching or freezing when i played the game but after the first level i had no hints to help me ! through out the whole game except for the first level the hints did not work! Im playing bigfish games on My Macbook pro

[Post New]by Chattewoman on Nov 1, 10 10:40 AM
That flickering cursor is really interfering with my enjoyment of the game. I almost always disable the custom cursor, but in this game you can't do that. I'm hating it so much, I'm thinking of asking for a refund.

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Nov 6, 10 11:36 AM
Game loaded without problem, solved the clock puzzle and closed game. Decided to purchase so I went back in to check if progress was showing and the game loaded and I clicked to continue and game froze. Had to (alt, ctrl & delete) get back to Task Master to close. Got ACCESS Violation message. Will not purchase unless problems adressed.

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Nov 7, 10 6:34 AM
I want to try this game, but the demo froze before I could hit play. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled but then I was told my time was up fo rthe demo. Hopefully the glitches are worked out soon. The reviews are so good I'd buy without trying the demo.

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Nov 17, 10 5:16 AM
I get all of the crystals and swirly wheels for the hypnosis machine but then when I am transported and I click on the other section of the scene i get the dialog and then if I click on anything after that then the game crashes and closes. And I was actually liking this one. Please help.

Go to: