WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 3, 10 6:52 PM
Well, I guess I am just SOL!!!!! Can't even contact Customer Service. After clicking the green envelope, entering all my info and clicking "Check Here For Answers" button, which is my only option, I receive a message that says:

" http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com
Ajax request failure: Cleanse Error"

What the %$@# is going on here? I've tried several times now. My blood pressure is rising to a dangerous level.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 10 2:42 PM
So. Uninstall and reinstall worked. Game is now playing. Not sure what went wrong but all seems to be well at this point.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 10 6:11 PM
Hi. Me again. Game crashed at soda machine. Just downloaded last night. This is supposed to be the new fixed version, right? Right? Anyone?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 4, 10 7:37 PM
WilJul wrote:Hi. Me again. Game crashed at soda machine. Just downloaded last night. This is supposed to be the new fixed version, right? Right? Anyone?

Did you use Game Manager to install the update? Did you delete the version Game Manager put in the trash? If not, could be anything. Trash the game and empty trash. Download from your purchase history.

My profile was saved from the first version of the game, and I got past the soda machine without issue.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 10 7:51 PM

Did you use Game Manager to install the update? Did you delete the version Game Manager put in the trash? If not, could be anything. Trash the game and empty trash. Download from your purchase history.

My profile was saved from the first version of the game, and I got past the soda machine without issue.

Thank you so much for responding shorenuf! I did not use the Game Manager to install, I didn't know how at the time. I just reinstalled from the BFG site, which is what I have always done in the past - and believe me I have had to re-install games numerous times - after trashing my version and emptying trash. That has always worked in the past., including the very near past. However, I decided to see if I could update from Game Manager and I think I figured it out. It is currently updating (which with my slow internet takes 3 hours each time). There is no game in my trash, though (I emptied the trash after my last uninstall). Does the Game Manager trash it after the update? That doesn't seem to make sense.

Thanks again!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 4, 10 8:13 PM
WilJul…

This was the first time I updated through the Game Manager. I don't know when it trashes the game, I didn't pay attention. I do know the old one ends up in the trash. With your downloads taking so ling, I can understand your frustration. I hope it works for you this time!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 10 8:38 PM
Me too! Fingers and toes crossed....

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 5, 10 2:37 PM
OK. Last time, I promise! Just an update to say the third time's a charm! It worked and I finished it. Whew. After 9-10 hours of install/re-install time I wonder if I should start charging BFG for my very valuable time. Ha.

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Dec 7, 10 2:29 AM
I have been having fun playing this game until - Chapter 6 - the subway. Every time I move towards the vending machine at the tram the game quits. It's getting really frustrating when a game you pay for continues to do this. I am on a Mac with SL. Is anybody else experiencing problems?

[Post New]by mccoy_50 on Dec 7, 10 6:00 PM
my game crashes at the soda machine. Help! mac too!

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 6:01:37 PM PST

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Dec 15, 10 12:29 PM
I just downloaded and purchased this game, and I'm stuck on the record player puzzle. I see that others had trouble with it, too; I made a mistake and now it's stuck with this staticky sound, and I can't do anything to make it start playing again. I haven't skipped any puzzles and I don't want to skip this one. Does anybody know if there's been a fix for this yet?

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Dec 15, 10 12:48 PM
melonrind wrote:I just downloaded and purchased this game, and I'm stuck on the record player puzzle. I see that others had trouble with it, too; I made a mistake and now it's stuck with this staticky sound, and I can't do anything to make it start playing again. I haven't skipped any puzzles and I don't want to skip this one. Does anybody know if there's been a fix for this yet?

I have mastered the record player puzzle. What track or cylinder are you on the record? Do you make the tracking selections in the upper right area for each track?
Left
Center
Right

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Dec 15, 10 1:42 PM
I'm not on any track. I tried the puzzle once, just experimenting to figure it out, and it got to the second track and then it started making a static sound. After that, the needle went back to track 1, but the static sound continued. It seems to be stuck. No matter which arrow buttons I press, nothing happens. Pressing "start" doesn't do anything, either.
ETA: I contacted support about it, because it seems like it's a glitch in the game.

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 1:44:23 PM PST

Mogwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mogwa on Dec 17, 10 10:33 AM
Just a quick note to say thankyou! for the quick action on the fixed Mac version of this game. Great game and had fun with the extra play too.

[Post New]by hobgoblin1 on Jan 14, 11 6:32 AM
Hi I can't find any silver foil in the room with the projector it isn't on the left hand wall and i can't move forward without it to break the lazer beams. can't skip it . i have a razor blade and a shard of mirror in my inventory i am playing and ordinary PC not MAC

[Post New]by hobgoblin1 on Jan 14, 11 6:51 AM
sorry disregard the above there are two rooms with projectors in them have now found the other one and found the silver foil thanks

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on May 26, 11 4:09 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch or just me not clicking in the right spot. But I've played the main game through a couple times, and can't replay the bonus game. Is that one only one play per profile? Or am I just overlooking a reset button someplace?

[Post New]by Oleteie on Oct 2, 13 11:35 PM
I have been having a ton of problems with this game since I bought it a couple of days ago, it keeps crashing on me, usually when transitioning from one screen to another, and mostly when clicking on the down arrow. I get the message Error: Acces violation at 0x713031E3 (tried to read from 0x00000074), program terminated. Then windows tells me that GrimTale has stopped working, and I don't even have any of the Grim Tales games.

now, I have tried all the fixes for frequent game crashing, and it still happens, I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times, but I noticed something when setting the game to run in compatibility mode, and that is that the original file name is supposedly GrimTale.exe and that doesn't make any sense to me.

So is there anything I can do about that?

CarenNH
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CarenNH on Oct 27, 13 6:56 AM
I am having the exact same problem as the previous user getting the error and the Grim Tale message. Please help.

Go to: