burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by burningswan on Oct 21, 10 8:16 AM
I would buy this game in a heartbeat had I not filled up my punch card. I guess I will have to wait. The game has trmendous atmosphere, beautiful graphics and ran without a glitch.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Oct 21, 10 8:23 AM
kpajak wrote:Love this game, Play Pond does it right!

Yes indeed!!!! Agree totally.....One of the best CE's to come along in awhile....Thanks BFG....

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Oct 21, 10 8:24 AM
OMG, what a great game. If I was down to my last 14.00 bucks I would snap this up. The graphics are awesome, the music is really cool, not annoying and fits the story, kinda creepy. I am loving the hidden object scenes and the mini games are challenging but you can figure them out. They are all skippable if you want to do that. I'm trying not to because I want this game to last awhile. I really can't say enough good things about this game. Thank you and developers. There are people who worked really hard on this game and it shows.

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Oct 21, 10 8:28 AM
Only played about 15 mins and its a definate buy! Brilliant,stunning so far.Graphics are amazing. Only drawback is that I've got 5 punches this month so when I buy it'll take me over the 6 for a free game. Wish BF would allow a carry over system because there's no way I can leave the purchase of this, even though it's a CE, to next month.Apart from that little winge, well done BF. Keep these quality HOS's coming.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Oct 21, 10 8:40 AM
I enjoyed the demo and I will purchase, however, I am going to wait for the standard version. (I am also waiting for the standard versions for two other recent CE's as well. Waiting is hard )

I will have to admit that I am not familiar with Phantom of the Opera, but I am enjoying the game. The hint and skip buttons took a long time to recharge. And I was a little upset that we had to leave the game and go to the menu for the "options" option. Sometimes, while in the hidden object view, I like to switch from full screen to window mode so I can google something if I dont know what it is, just to save a hint. Having to go back to the main menu each time I want to research is a hassle.

But overall, very good game! I cant wait until it gets released standard

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Oct 21, 10 8:57 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:The women change room is in the section to which you enter through the Powder room (after you bring a black rose to the picture, it opens a new area).

If you didn't bring the black rose yet (you have to clean the floor with mop) - just pass from room to room again; and click on the hint, to ask if you missed something (you don't lose a hint if there is nothing to do in the room). The simulator will open for you some HOG screens, to help you advance.

Thanks Rebecca ... I've been through there , so i'll find it now .. thanks for your help

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Oct 21, 10 9:06 AM
Allthough its 'my type' of game (IHOG / light-adventure) i am rather disappointed in it.

The graphics arent that sharp, rather grainy, especially in the Hidden Object scenes.
Definitely not up to the level of similar games like Puppetshow or Edgar Allens Poe, the Black Cat.

The loading times between screens took way too long. Very annoying IMO.

Other complaints: rather strange start, reading a letter gets you into a Opera house??? And the Mother of the the main character looked way too young, it could have been her sister...

Somehow the whole thing didnt grab me, so its a NO for me.

I played a BETA this week, another IHOG, called Dark Legends: Nightmare Realm, which was so much better, both graphicwise and in terms of gameplay. Other BETA-testers did receive this game while it was named 'Magic Story', so i am not sure what it will called in the end. But i really hope that one comes out quickly. Defenitely one to check out for the IHOG-lovers

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 9:11:50 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 21, 10 9:36 AM
HappyMe,
I got a chuckle out of seeing by the times on the messages that you managed to hold out for 5 whole minutes before buying!!! Downloaded trial while reading all these messages and wondering now if I should just buy or what... What? What!
RosieBVT

happyme76 wrote:Must......Resist......Buying.........

Absolutely brilliant game!!!!

Swims off to check bank balance

ETA: Bought it!!! Could not resist!!

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Oct 21, 10 9:37 AM
WOW!... Well I played the demo from the developer the other day and totally fell in love with this game. Time flies! I did finish the demo from here

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 4:25:00 PM PST

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Oct 21, 10 9:49 AM
Can anyone tell me, other than having the SG and BL for the CE, is the game time longer?

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 21, 10 10:11 AM
Ok. I always come home for lunch & cant wait to see what the new game for the day is with BF.... I have read the comments & can not wait untill I get home from work to satrt this!!! YYYEEAAA!!! I am soooo excited!!! I really ejoyed Mystery Tracker ( a very, very long game) so I know this will not compare to that length but I will enjoy this all the same!!! I will be back to give my 2 cents as well...lol....only 4 more hours until I get out of work....oh I hope the time goes by fast!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 21, 10 10:16 AM
Loving it. I played the demo on another site. And would you believe there are different objects to find, which is good. Definitely buying it. I'm so glad the CE is cheaper. Wouldn't think of it at $20. But I reckon it costs me a game and a half because I get the 3 punch card points. And I really felt I got more than my money's worth with the Edgar Allen Poe CEs. They are the first I've ever bought. Enjoy fellow fishies!!

I agree with you Riverman73

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Oct 21, 10 10:30 AM
Riverman73 wrote:Allthough its 'my type' of game (IHOG / light-adventure) i am rather disappointed in it.

The graphics arent that sharp, rather grainy, especially in the Hidden Object scenes.
Definitely not up to the level of similar games like Puppetshow or Edgar Allens .

Other complaints: rather strange start, reading a letter gets you into a Opera house??? And the Mother of the the main character looked way too young, it could have been her sister...

Somehow the whole thing didnt grab me, so its a NO for me.

I played a BETA this week, another IHOG, called Dark Legends: Nightmare Realm, which was so much better, both graphicwise and in terms of gameplay. Other BETA-testers did receive this game while it was named 'Magic Story', so i am not sure what it will called in the end. But i really hope that one comes out quickly. Defenitely one to check out for the IHOG-lovers

I was pretty amazed by all of the praise for the graphics in this thread. Other than the games you mentioned I thought that the graphics in Sweeny Todd were good. I can't say the same for this game. I'll be sure to check out Nightmare Ream when it's released

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Editio

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 21, 10 10:36 AM
Finally, a game that has blown us "Fishes" out of the water. I enjoyed reading one good review after another. I'll never get bored with HOG, especially when developers can make games like this. I don't get every CE, because I'm not interested in some of the extras I won't use. However if we had the option during the download to select which extras we wanted, strategy guide, extra game play, that would be nice. (for the same price of CE of course) Anyway this game is a buy for me. Probably the SE. I'm still waiting for Twisted Lands, and Mystery Trackers SE to be released.

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 10:41:06 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 21, 10 11:03 AM
THANKS GOOFYDUCK & others

I LOVE the reviews...NOW OFF TO DEMO

I WILL be buying it for sure I NEED to buy 4 more soooo THIS will leave be with 1

Happy Gaming

PEN

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Oct 21, 10 11:05 AM
Oh such good reviews...thank you fishies friends...looks like I'm going to have to purchase this one even tho I still have three (3) game credits. Going to be counting my till Friday, oh wait thats tomorrow. OK..it's do-able. Be back to give a review. Downloading now. Sooo excited about this one.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Oct 21, 10 11:14 AM
Dear Big Fish, You have redeemed yourself with this game. We, the royal We, are speaking to you again. (I'm sure you've noticed my absence ;-) Enjoying the hidden objects, so far not an umbrella in sight, and the originality is great! When I saw the symbol of France, the mime, I thought these people are great. This is not a game to rush. I blew past a couple of important items so I keep reminding myself to check everything. Well, gotta go pay the piper to play! Thanks again

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 21, 10 11:44 AM
I can hardly wait for the game to download, another great game and I just love IHOG's.. I agree with the comment on Big Fish letting you use 3 of the coupons for a CE but guess no one is hearing us..
I just finished the demo and wondering if it is worth getting the CE? Would like some thoughts about the CE? Thanks..

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 3:33:09 PM PST

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Oct 21, 10 11:45 AM
I also beta tested Magic Story yesterday but I like this one sooooo much better. Thank you !!!

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Oct 21, 10 11:50 AM
I think the game is wonderful. I really like the fact that you can pick up a screwdriver and you don't have to use it in the next room. You actually have to hold onto it for a bit.
I like the music; I think it would have been awesome to have the music incorporated from the real broadway play.
I enjoyed the voices of the characters and the fact that the girl didn't repeat herself each time you re-clicked on something.
The puzzles aren't too easy which is another plus.
This game I'm going to buy.
Did anyone else notice the morphing head of the angel/boy sitting on the fountain in the conservatory? I clicked on it several times but nothing happened.
Thank you BFG and developers for a lovely game.
Happy gaming to all! Off to purchase!

Go to: