prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses forum

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 29, 08 4:16 PM
sarah_sg7 wrote:Hey there
Any chance someone can help me?
I'm in the cavern under the sarcopagus (sorry about the spelling) and I have to collect the shiny objects in the right order but no matter what I try I can't suss out what the right order is.
It's driving me mad!!

Hi Sarah - welcome to the forums!

Click on the center disc and the your HAND. This is what had me stuck. Then follow the light beam. Always remember to click on your hand to move it, Hopethis helps.

[Post New]by sarah_sg7 on Nov 29, 08 4:56 PM
Thanks, it worked like a charm

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Nov 30, 08 10:06 PM
Although, as I said before, I enjoyed the game, there were a few parts I did not like:

I HATED, HATED, HATED the snakes! There was a discussion in the Forum a while back about games with snakes, and the concensus was, most of us don't like them. However, I do see the logic of it, since a snake was supposedly involved in the death of the original actress (though that later turned out not to be true).

I also wasn't fond of the crows, but at least they weren't slithering, hissing or rattling. My main problem, even though I figured out the color connection on my own, was finding and clicking the items fast enough. Had to repeat that sequence several times before getting through it.

Some of the mini games required fast clicking, which is hard for me. For instance, the smoothies and the lock picking.

The rocks/bombs game at the end was difficult; also took me several times to finish that.

Anyway, I still would play the sequel.

huffysa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by huffysa on Dec 3, 08 3:38 PM
I'm stuck in the one puzzle where it has a pyramid of heiraglyphics (not sure how you spell it) and you have to figure out what the name is...I got the egyptian word but can't figure out the 4 letter word afterwards does any know the answer?

gracealma1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by gracealma1 on Dec 5, 08 10:34 PM
help, I'm stuck in the wardrobe where the star's locker is locked up. I have four bottons that are color coded. What order do they need to be in. I've tried every way that I can and I can't get it to unlock.
Gracealma1

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 5, 08 10:37 PM
gracealma1 wrote:help, I'm stuck in the wardrobe where the star's locker is locked up. I have four bottons that are color coded. What order do they need to be in. I've tried every way that I can and I can't get it to unlock.
Gracealma1

Hi Gracealma- Look at the burnt out lightbulbs around the mirror--- inside will tell you the order to push the buttons on the safe

WhipFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by WhipFish on Dec 10, 08 8:32 PM
HI all new here. I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with the poster and the codes. Anyone fill me in please? Leaves me stuck in the game. It was easier to figure out the code earlier linking letters with hieroglyphics. But I don't even know what to DO with them now.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 10, 08 8:41 PM
WhipFish wrote:HI all new here. I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with the poster and the codes. Anyone fill me in please? Leaves me stuck in the game. It was easier to figure out the code earlier linking letters with hieroglyphics. But I don't even know what to DO with them now.

Hi Whipfish- welcome to the forums!

Are you at the naha haje part?

Click on the snake in the poster and it will show a close up- then match up the symbols from the decoder- you will get a series of letters (music notes)

WhipFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by WhipFish on Dec 10, 08 8:50 PM
OH thank you so much! And so fast too!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 10, 08 8:51 PM
WhipFish wrote:OH thank you so much! And so fast too!

You're very welcome! Have fun with the game! I loved it!

trembly6
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by trembly6 on Dec 22, 08 7:25 PM
After purchasing the last 3 and not being able to complete them even with the offical guides, I pass on purchasing this one. I did play a demo and found it much easier to play then the other 3. Good luck to everyone!!!! And HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

[Post New]by momgonenutzinmem on Jan 2, 09 12:47 AM
When will these type of games be available for MAC users?

[Post New]by finicky12001 on Jan 4, 09 7:33 AM
I am enjoying the game but I am stuck in the room with the crows. I cannot seem to get through with them before time runs out and I have to start again. Is there a trick I am not seeing?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 4, 09 7:36 AM
momgonenutzinmem wrote:When will these type of games be available for MAC users?

Hi momgonenutzinmem- welcome to the forums!

Her Interactive does not adapt thier games for mac. I would suggest going to thier site and requesting they do so. Maybe if they get enough requests, they will in the future.

Edited on 01/04/2009 at 7:38:11 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 4, 09 7:37 AM
finicky12001 wrote:I am enjoying the game but I am stuck in the room with the crows. I cannot seem to get through with them before time runs out and I have to start again. Is there a trick I am not seeing?

Hi Finicky12001- welcome to the forums!

Gamezebo has a screen shot of all the locations and colors that may help you. Look under tips and tricks.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 4, 09 8:06 AM
finicky12001 wrote:I am enjoying the game but I am stuck in the room with the crows. I cannot seem to get through with them before time runs out and I have to start again. Is there a trick I am not seeing?
I have two pictures of the Crows that are lighted pictures where you can actually see the Crows and the matching objects. In each picture the items are color coded.

If you go to photobucket.com and do an image serach for Nancy Drew Crows you will be able to see these two lighted pictures.

Good luck and have fun!

[Post New]by southerngirl78 on Jan 4, 09 11:48 PM
guylee1 wrote:Thanks for the tips. It has confirmed that I have a glitch. I have deleted the game and redownloaded it. I will try again.

Yes, I have the other Nancy Drews and can't get anywhere with them either and I have the strategy books as well!

I fell in love with this one and have been very dissappointed with this problem I'm having.

You've been great. Thanks alot. Wish me luck this time around!

guylee1, trembly6: (And to others who are having the same problem)

Which other Nancy Drew mysteries do you have and why are you having such issues getting through them? Have you played them on junior detective mode or senior mode? What kind of problems are you encountering in finishing them? Have you resorted to using hints and tools from the herinteractive website? Have you resorted to walkthroughs to help you get through certain parts of the games? Have the tutorials and strategy guides not been helpful? Although I have found most of the games challenging to various degrees, I have only found one that I couldn't complete to its end. . .I am curious as to what you are encountering that is keeping you from finishing the games. . .

Edited on 01/04/2009 at 11:58:58 PM PST

[Post New]by regmoll on Jan 14, 09 3:49 PM

[Post New]by stephentec on Feb 17, 09 3:28 PM
Anyone know how to unlock the alternate ending?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 17, 09 3:33 PM
stephentec wrote:Anyone know how to unlock the alternate ending?
You need a score of 300,000 or better to get the alternate ending.

Go to: