OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted Lands: Shadow Town

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 25, 10 12:04 AM
DivineThing wrote:I am confused by the end. Did she kill him? Why? What happened to him?

Naughty naughty! Don't post a spoiler without saying "Spoiler alert" in the headline.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 25, 10 10:00 AM
Well I just finished this game, I purchased the SE version and thought the game was well worth 6.99 .
The graphics were really good, on my BrightView monitor, even the fog scenes were crisp and clear, so no problems there, LOVED the artwork also, which added so much ambiance, to this game.
I thought the story was engaging, and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next, although the ending left me with many unanswered questions, it was interesting to read, how everyone thought, the story ended.
I think the developers deserve credit, for there imagination and all of the hard work, that went into making this game.
I for one really appreciated the hint system, being able to click on the hint, to see what direction, you needed to go in, really helped me, at times.
I didn't need the hint to find objects, but I sometimes struggle in adventure games, were you have to go back and forth, which you did a lot in this game, so the arrows and hint system, made this game a definite purchase, which other wise I may not of bought it.
All in all, I thought it was an enjoyable game, the lenght was great also, which is always a PLUS for me !
For all of you like me, if your usually not good with adventure games, give this one a try, it was made perfectly for the not so adventure inclined..lol!!
I am 100% satisfied with this purchase, and am looking forward to the sequel..bring it on PLEASE !!

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Oct 25, 10 1:33 PM
Loved it! Very good IHOG game. Hints on which direction to go were very useful a couple of times. Great story, graphics and music. Puzzles on the easy side with a skip button.
After the disappointment that Time Mysteries Inheritance was for me, I was really happy with this one.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Oct 25, 10 5:17 PM
I just finished the game and I loved it, except I did'nt understand the end, I'll have to play it again maybe I missed something in the beginning.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Oct 26, 10 3:12 AM
Poutoule wrote:
DivineThing wrote:I am confused by the end. Did she kill him? Why? What happened to him?
SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!

I know...Jeez! yeah now I don't have to play the rest of game!

Edited on 10/26/2010 at 3:13:30 AM PST

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 26, 10 3:26 AM
Don't even bother. To know that does not reveal anything from the gameplay. ^^

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Oct 27, 10 12:51 AM
Just finished the game this morning and really liked it. I am thankful I didn't have one single glitch and no problems with the cursor. I liked the graphics and the foggy scenes had me running in circles but that's ok. Well worth my one and only game credit, even though I patiently waited a month for the SE. Hope to see more games like this.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 27, 10 4:54 PM
I just played this for a second time and loved it just as much. It's a nice long game: first time around I thought finding the snakes would end it but no, there's another whole set of puzzles.

Highly recommended!

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Oct 27, 10 8:35 PM
The only thing I can add to the wonderful descriptions here already is that I was mildly disappointed with the ending. The gameplay was awesome. Just the right amount of running around, trying to figure out where to go next. It was neither too easy, nor too challenging. I loved the **** puzzles because, like a previous person mentioned, the items weren't too hard to find. The music was great and the scenes were varied and appropriate for a game of this level.

However, when you've been playing a game for a couple hours and then the ending doesn't resolve what you thought was the point of the game, it just makes you go "huh?"

It wasn't enough to make me downgrade my experience, just enough to make me hope that there will be a sequel soon.

Jobo34
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Jobo34 on Oct 28, 10 10:17 AM
I loved everything but ONE thing! I'll wait and see how many agree with me!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 28, 10 10:46 AM
What? The abrupt, confusing transitions?

EDIT: My review is on page two

Edited on 10/28/2010 at 10:46:33 AM PST

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Oct 28, 10 7:02 PM
I'm not sure what some fishies are gulping but in every review forum I've read, we're specifically asked not to post spoilers [removed by moderator]. Whether or not the spoiler ruins the gameplay, it's just poor etiquette. Some of us get caught up in the story and to know a twist end certainly kills some of the fun. It would be nice if moderators were around more often to pull such reviews or ban such fishies. Shame on them.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 4:15:29 PM PST

[Post New]by jenifercher on Oct 28, 10 8:46 PM
this was probably my favorite in a few moths. I loved the extra bonus play. I think it was worth purchasing the collector's edition. I had no problems or glitches at all.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Oct 29, 10 9:14 AM
Hi all, just finished playing Shadow Town and agree with nigeltkatt in as much as the ending left me feeling rather 'nonplussed' (is that actually a word?!!! or just something said by a certain generation in the UK?). What was that finale all about? Loved the game and found it just right, although it could have been a bit longer for me. Hope the rest of you enjoy the adventure as much as me.
Love and all good wishes, Pat_ric_ia x

Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted Lands: Shadow Town

[Post New]by tdmn48 on Oct 29, 10 4:24 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Twisted Lands: Shadow Town? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 30, 10 2:27 AM
littlegamefisher wrote:I'm not sure what some fishies are gulping but in every review forum I've read, we're specifically asked not to post spoilers [removed by moderator]. Whether or not the spoiler ruins the gameplay, it's just poor etiquette. Some of us get caught up in the story and to know a twist end certainly kills some of the fun. It would be nice if moderators were around more often to pull such reviews or ban such fishies. Shame on them.
I suggest that in this case you PM a mod and ask if they can remove the references. It's really sad to see a twist ending posted in a comments thread and does rather take away the point of playing.

I do hope people have a better understanding as to why they are asked not to talk about details of the game itself in a comments thread, which is always aimed at people who haven't played, not at people who have.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 4:16:24 PM PST

[Post New]by postal_nana on Oct 31, 10 11:07 AM
all in all a pretty good game. lots of hidden object scenes, plenty of interaction and find this and use it there. hint button was really nice as it pointed you in the right direction if needed without wasting the hint. fog for misclicks did not last but a few seconds and that was nice. nice twist... maybe we will find about that more later.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Oct 31, 10 1:57 PM
Great game! It has lots of HOG scenes [which I love] and a good sprinkling of interesting puzzles [I think I skipped a couple]. Graphics, mood, variety of sites to explore, sound effects, and story line were inventive and fun........figuring how to work the crane to get the ramp against the ship was a blast and believe me I was biting my nails since it is a "have to" activity, ha!! Also, thanks to the developers for providing a no-penalty "hint" mirror to maneuver about in the fog A definite recommendation ......*smack

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO MY FELLOW FISHIES

Edited on 10/31/2010 at 5:19:37 PM PST

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Nov 2, 10 9:49 PM
Just finished playing this game. I hated the way it ended!!! Just left it dangling...guess that means there is going to be a sequel huh? Soon I hope.

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Nov 3, 10 7:48 PM
I hated the way it ended too. How gruesome!!! I hope the sequel is of better taste because the game itself was so enjoyable, especially the way the hint button helped me as to where to go, and it did not actually get used up. This meant that I didn't have to exit the game to find out what to do next. THANK YOU BFG!!!!!!!!!!

Go to: