Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Shadow Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by vasha1 on Oct 23, 10 3:05 PM
When I went to the basement to look for things (at this point needing to pick up the hose for the fire hydrant) all items were found but the lightening bolt. Pressed the hint button a number of times but it highlighs a garden tool over and over. There simply is no lightnening bolt. Can't progress with out the fire hose and must get the lightnening bolt to finish that collection.
HELP!

rmpersun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rmpersun on Oct 23, 10 3:16 PM
Thanks Sheria!...Also worked for me. I swithed to "alternate" in the middle of the download and was successful.

[Post New]by vasha1 on Oct 23, 10 9:02 PM
Found out what the problem was, there was no lightning bolt but 2 hoses. I've found this in two other collections where the word does not match the object that needs to be found. Seems pretty sloppy to me.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Oct 24, 10 6:43 AM
Just went to play Twisted Lands this am (great game by the way) but I got a message that says the file is now corrupt and I will have to start all over with a different player name.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Oct 24, 10 6:43 AM
No I don't think it's fixed. After a very slow download I am at the "saving file" stage and it's been stuck on that for a really long time. It is not installing. This game and Avenue Flo are the only ones I have tried to download in several months and I've had installation problems with both.

I finally gave up and removed the game and then the Game Manager wouldn't close. I had to use the Task Manager to get out of it. I'm glad I've pretty much given up on downloading any new BFG games. Once I use up my last credit, I'm outta here.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 7:05:53 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 24, 10 12:26 PM
Add me to the "tried three times, couldn't install the game" list.

mystic54
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mystic54 on Oct 24, 10 3:40 PM
I downloaded this game and all I had was alot of vertical lines when I tried to play it, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it says my time trial has expired, I haven't even played one minute of this game, so I guess I won't be buying this one either, since this has happened to me before a couple of times....I'm about finished with BF games, as every 2-3 games does not install properly, and yes my computer is all up to date on the hardware!

viv76
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by viv76 on Oct 24, 10 5:38 PM
Think it's a glitch, but on certain areas I have to lucky guess where my cursor lands, takes about 20 minutes to find the objects, my cursor takes ages to load and it's frustrating, just sorted my comp a couple of hours ago so it's really frustrating

Caraface
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Caraface on Oct 25, 10 4:09 AM
LostForever wrote:Just went to play Twisted Lands this am (great game by the way) but I got a message that says the file is now corrupt and I will have to start all over with a different player name.

I got this too! According to the walkthrough, I was extremely close to the end of the game, so I don't really feel like starting over. What a pain.

[Post New]by Murfee on Oct 28, 10 11:13 AM
Ok , have made it almost to the end of the game.... I am at the crane for the second time and the door is locked (was unlocked when I left) says someone must have been here, go to leave the scene and it won't let me leave. What do I do now?

[Post New]by KC_Kris on Oct 28, 10 12:05 PM
I am stuck in the crane scene also

[Post New]by haddon on Oct 28, 10 9:44 PM
Add me to group that's waiting to be set free.
"I am at the crane for the second time and the door is locked (was unlocked when I left) says someone must have been here, go to leave the scene and it won't let me leave." What do we do now? Suggestions

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Oct 29, 10 11:43 AM
I got stuck at the crane too, but I finally got out of it. I clicked on the hint button a few times to highlight the arrow, but it wouldn't let me click it. But at least I could see where it was supposed to be.

Then I moved my cursor all the way over to the left of the screen and slowly moved it to the right, along the same level as the arrow I had seen. Finally the arrow lit up and I was able to move out of that scene.

Hopefully that will work for you.

Here's my issue...I got all the way to the end and it refused to play the last scene. What a bummer. Then I played the bonus scene and got all the way to the end and it wouldn't play that last scene either.

I don't know if it's a video/compatibility issue with my computer playing that or what. I'm on Window 7.

Anyway...Sigh.

[Post New]by KC_Kris on Oct 29, 10 6:42 PM
Shastanna thank you........................i am free..............still not sure i understood the end of the game or why I had so much stuff left oh well on to the next game

[Post New]by skeglass on Oct 29, 10 6:51 PM
I've downloaded Twisted Lands twice now and each time I try to put my name in as the player the program closes and says that it has stopped working and when the problem is resolved I will be notified.

calculady
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by calculady on Oct 30, 10 7:29 AM
LadyVampy wrote:I installed the trial and got as far as the zodiac puzzle before it ran out of time. I then bought the full version but when I restarted the game the zodiac puzzle isn't working properly; the tiles won't move where I can see empty spaces, just into random spaces. Is there any way I can overcome this without restarting or reinstalling?

same thing happened to me. how did you fix it?

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Oct 30, 10 8:36 PM
OK, this is very frustrating as I took advantage of the $4.99 special this weekend and was looking forward to playing the game this evening. I've been trying to download all evening and not having any luck. I've followed the advice in this forum and in the help area but it does not work. I've a fast system and connection and have not had similar problems with other games (even today). It will not download faster than 50kb about every second or two. This was not a problem with the CE trial. I have Windows 7. Is a fix in the near future? Thanks.

[Post New]by berniejayne on Oct 30, 10 10:03 PM
I have been going fine but I have got to the part where you jack up the truck but it won't let me pick up the folder. Doesn't even come up with the grabbing hand symbol. No matter where I click the most response I get is to tell me I can take the folder. Unfortunately, I can't take the folder. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Tinnyribs on Oct 31, 10 2:21 PM
berniejayne wrote:I have been going fine but I have got to the part where you jack up the truck but it won't let me pick up the folder. Doesn't even come up with the grabbing hand symbol. No matter where I click the most response I get is to tell me I can take the folder. Unfortunately, I can't take the folder. Any suggestions?

You need to go back in the shed and the folder is next to the truck

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Nov 2, 10 10:33 AM

Whenever this game got interrupted by anything that needed my attention outside of the game, the video would not come back, but the music did. I had to reboot my system everytime for this game.

Never had to reboot with any other game ((and I have a lot)

Go to: