exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Letters from Nowhere

[Post New]by exact on Oct 28, 10 1:32 PM
A nice game. A change from the 2 last collectors additions which I really enjoyed also. Wonderful graphics in this game and some tricky hidden objects that are a little challenging. A nice relaxing interim until the next "biggie" comes.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 28, 10 3:27 PM
It's a good game, but I not going to buy it, at least not now. I found some of the items very hard to find. Having to put together items was alright, if you could find the other 1/2. I think it will be a good game, however, it's not to my liking at this time. I think GoofyDuck summed it up very well.

ETA: I played it until the demo ran out. I decided it was to congested in the scenes. I might buy this one if I didn't have so many games.

Graphics: very clear
voice: not annoying
mini-games: not difficult
The only thing I didn't like is hunting through so much stuff.

Edited on 10/28/2010 at 9:38:46 PM PST

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Oct 28, 10 5:08 PM
Like some here, I find it boring and repetitive. This is a straight hidden object game with minimal interaction. The story of a missing person has been done so many times, so the gameplay and storyline doesn't interest me at all. Deleted after 20 mins.

Annabellum
Salmon
Salmon
2,531 Posts

[Post New]by Annabellum on Oct 28, 10 7:57 PM
Yeah it's a HOG!!.....
Not anything else...if you started computor gaming on games like Prime Suspect,
and you then moved on to ihogs etc...but those have now been done to death..same plot, nothing much new. How nice to just relax and play a game that is just fun...Not too many of them around anymore.
If I could change anything in this game (and it is only my own pet peeve) I would change the look of the heroine, something less like a barbie want-a-be, and syntax of voice over that does not emulate a LA mall brat so much....I have to say so far it is the only thing I find distracting...and little things like that can be totally overlooked...
So if you are like me and sometimes need a break from the more intense games, I highly recommend this one.....
Anna

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Oct 29, 10 2:06 AM
I wanted to like Letters from Nowhere but IMO it is mostly one junk pile after another junk pike after another junk pile. I do like IHOGs but not junk piles. I did change the cursor in options right at the start of the game.

I would like to give this game several stars but will have to give it several thumbs down instead.

Pat

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 29, 10 9:23 AM
I'm absolutely loving this game. It was a 'maybe' for me, but with the sale I bought it. LOVE it. It's basically a straight HOG - but I'm OK with that - get tired of toing and froing. I can't believe the extra animation. The couple at the cafe. And the cat cleaning itself. Beautiful.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 29, 10 10:18 AM
I just tried the demo and found it to be **** hum. It was just okay for me. Not a bad game but not a great game. Good enough for me to spend my hard earned dollars on? NO WAY!!!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 29, 10 10:34 AM
Sure hope there is a follow up since this the second game I have played that leaves up in the area.

wolywig
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by wolywig on Oct 29, 10 12:26 PM
boy oh boy this is the slowest loading game I have ever seen Letters from nowhere is going nowhere for me!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 29, 10 12:35 PM
I know, I know but it's worth it!!

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Oct 29, 10 2:28 PM
Like a few have mentioned - I too was not impressed with this game mainly because of the size of the items. The stamps were too hard to locate and it made me frustrated. I'm a sucker for a good love story and this probably is one but I need more than the story to keep me interested.
Happy Gaming to all who enjoyed this game.

[Post New]by skydiver1 on Oct 29, 10 3:49 PM
I really liked the game and bought it. Good game play, great graphics and the music has similar tones to the Agatha Christie series. I recommend to those who like point and click HOG.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 30, 10 12:32 AM
Didn't like it as items are too small.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 30, 10 3:08 AM
tropdechats wrote:As others have so clearly explained, straight-forward HOG. Good graphics -- scenes clear and items well-hidden. Standard story line. (I must admit that, if my husband were missing, I would not clean the basement before beginning my search...unless we'd quarreled and he was wrong -- then, I'd clean the whole house before hunting...) A no-buy for me. The game is fine, just nothing out of the ordinary. I already have a LOT of HOG games, and nothing about this one makes me want to add it to the collection.

For those who purchase it, enjoy!

LOL ! I agree with you about the game and all. Bought it and I'm quite disappointed, it's not a bad game but I don't quite "enjoy" !!!! (By the way I've got 2 cats and it's not trop de chats..........)

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 30, 10 11:35 AM
Magazine-Playtoy/Playboy???

Am I seeing things or what?? On the first Chapter for the first time we enter the Police station, we had to pick up a magazine-this was called "Playtoy"-with a picture of a female at the front, not a subsitute for "Playboy"??

The game developers should realise that this is a family casual game site, we are also motivated to buy games that we can happy share with our family.

Of course it appears that they have got away with the above, but not with me, as I will not be buying. The rest of the game appeared OK, did not prefer collecting stamps, but of course when you see something you dislike, you cannot forget that what this game contains, and I will not buy to pay the developers for their irresponsible behaviour.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 12:04:41 PM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Oct 30, 10 12:03 PM
Finished the demo but I had to force myself to do so. In my early days I enjoyed straight HOGS, but not anymore. It just becomes boring for me. I'll give this one a miss. However, good graphics and storyline.

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Oct 30, 10 6:40 PM
cute, getting your feet wet HOG game, I like more of a challenge, but it was an alright game, I probably will not be getting this one

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 31, 10 9:28 AM
well, i'm not a stamp collector, but i DO love games that just keep throwing trophies at me

i like this one - regardless of the strong woman who has to go looking for her estranged/disappeared other half... the scenes are clear, the objects are big enough and easy to distinguish from their surroundings... the puzzles aren't difficult at all! but they also don't just keep repeating, either! there are some alcohol references as well as the overt occult references, so i would definitely say that this is not a family friendly offering, but it's not heavy enough to cause the pope to riot, so it should pass muster for the general public...

the bonus 'helpers' you can buy at the beginning at each chapter [or anytime, really, but just once] are cool... i liked the thermometer and camera in another game and i'm glad to see them used here... and the palette takes your list and switches it from words to pictures - how fun is that? so there's lots of help without ever having to use a hint if you play your cards right...

the storyline is ok, but i have to say that i would like to see a little less of the "it's mysterious so it must have to do with dark forces being at work" thing that seems to have caught on and won't let go... i do, however like the help from a friendly ghost - or whatever this mysterious mailman turns out to be...

in any case... i think this one will be in my shopping cart for the great pumpkin sale!

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Oct 31, 10 11:08 AM
I really love this game! The storyline is good- the mystery really drew me in and keeps me going. Overall the graphics are great- things are hidden very, very well and sometimes need a hint to find. Also , the hints restore fairly quickly. Some items are pretty vague, but these are limited. I enjoy the more complicated HOGS where you have to figure out what to do next, but it's nice once and a while to have a straightforward HOG like this one. I'm still playing it- curious to get to the ending!

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Oct 31, 10 12:40 PM
I bought this game because it I had heard it was made from the same developers as Golden Trails. There are some similarities, but it's not nearly as good as GT to me. The trophies and stamps are a nice touch, but the objects were very small and hidden behind other objects sometimes. It was OK, but not great to me. I'll be a little more hesitant before buying games from this developer again automatically.

Go to: