jma0909
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Valley

[Post New]by jma0909 on Oct 30, 10 12:05 PM
Wow! I too jumped during the game, more than once, LOL. Someone said it was kind of short. I saw 6 sections in the walkthrough. But, I love a game that the scenes are interesting enough that you don't want to skip them, I hardly ever do. I like a good story to go along with the game. I just finished a punch card and can't buy 6 games this weekend, so I guess I am out of luck for the sale . Will use credit on this after Tuesday though. Thanks for all the good reviews. Happy Halloween All!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 30, 10 12:28 PM
Well, after reading the first reviews that praised the game, I demo'd it and boy, was I disappointed. The graphics are ok and I don't find the game at all spooky. I'm playing in advanced mode and still find it way too easy, especially the hidden object scenes. My demo ended when I was outside the house trying to find the ax. So I guess I'll have to buy it (glad there's a sale price this weekend), because I MUST find that ax! But I wouldn't have bought it at the regular price. Happy Halloween, fellow fishies!

[Post New]by pepe4059 on Oct 30, 10 12:32 PM
I have played many games and belonged to BFG for a year. I enjoy HOG with some challanges and puzzles. This is my first post because I had to say how easy and lame this game is. The HOG were easy. They spoon fed you the ways to unlock doors and enter places. The "movie" scenes were slow and non essential. This was not a game for anyone who wants to think about how to continue. If you like MCF or other similar games, don't try this one.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Oct 30, 10 12:32 PM
karen876 wrote:Well, I bought it because of the sale and wanted something to entertain me on a dreary Saturday afternoon. I enjoyed the demo even though I found some of the items rather small. The story seems to go downhill after this. It's like it's been developed by two separate people.
The items in the HOG scenes got smaller and smaller (and more junk pile) and the story more ludicrous. The journal was little to no help as you couldn't go back to previous pages and read clues (ie The tale of the white knight) and so where left with no option but to go to walkthrough or skip the puzzle (or this is what I found).
Spoiler:
At the end I spent a lot of time wandering around trying to find something to light the dynamite with. Who uses unlit dynamite? And I still had the green potion in my inventory, which I thought could be something to do with it, even though I was pretty sure that I had already used it. It just got silly IMHO.

Hi Karen.. Just so that you and others know, you can go back in the book. Bottom of the books pages are arrows in the corners. But I will admit they are very hard to see..

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 30, 10 12:46 PM
Not for me, just find it boring going around places that are in a state of Decay. I played the game of the first Ravenhurst and the scenes were good, but again if the scenes are not good, not engaging for me, and not into Vampires.

I think I'll probably play my Sheeps Quest again.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Oct 30, 10 12:48 PM
So I bought this game and finished it in 2 hours... i don't know if it's me.. but it was a really short game... I really did like the game... the only part that I didn't like is that some Days were longer than other's... like Day 5 it was really short... and then the End was really long...

Another thing that I really didn't like.. it was that at some scenes you couldn't hear any music or anything.... it was like audio was in mute.. I checked the audio like a 100 times to see if it was something wrong with my computer.. but then I changed scene and it was aback to normal.... I don't know if this a glitch or is just part of the game.

Overall.. it's a pretty easy HOG game... If you like eerie & easy HOG this is a game for you.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 30, 10 12:50 PM
I just finished the game and am a bit disappointed. I enjoyed it but feel it could really have been fleshed out a lot more. It seemed as though it had been put together in a rush and half the stuff that should have been there got left out. For example, I was trapped in a mine and then I was in my car driving somewhere else. How in the heck did I get out of the mine? The entire game seemed to go that way. It really should have had more continuity. I also had a vial left over at the end and tried to light the dynamite in vain but it lit itself.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Oct 30, 10 12:50 PM
Finished it and was disappointed.
lt´s probably good for a sale like todays, but nothing more.

Even if the graphics are ok so far, l missed a good, thrilling story, l missed the background sound, l missed a bit more challenge. The hidden objects were relative easy to find and the puzzle way too easy. l didn´t use the hint system at all, because it is only for the hidden objects.
The "hints" for strategy were (for me) unrequested and made it to easy to follow the path to finish it.

The main point for my dislike:
the story the game itself seemed to be much longer, it looks like it was shortened for any reason. The story is is a staccato of scenes, that makes the game not just boring, but also incomprehensible.The end is weird, because of the very last scene after "The end???", because if someone doesn´t mind for credits, he will miss this scene.
And honestly, l don´t care for another game like this.

ncbeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ncbeck on Oct 30, 10 1:34 PM
The way I can tell when a game is worth buying is when I lose track of the time, and that's what happened with this game.

Probably be playing it tonight, as it's Mischief Night...

...so I'll be waiting until the sun goes down before I continue. So far, it's intriguing, and, yeah, there's quite a bit of hand holding, but sometimes I haven't a clue what to do next, so those few times when I'm stumped, it comes in handy. (The other times when I'm stumped? I wander around and see if something comes to me. If nothing does, then I know it's time to quit the game & try another day.)

What's weird is that they started off the game with voiceovers, but then switch to just dialogues at the bottom of the screen. IMHO, would've added to the game to have voiceovers all the way thru, but, oh well.

In fact, some of the dialogues are bad both gramatically and to the ears, so bad that they're actually funny (and wince inducing). To paraphrase one of them, "I hear you're originally from here, so don't you have anyone here else to visit?" Wow. Couldn't they come up with something better than that? Nitpicky, I know, but I'm the type of person to notice such things (and there are others who've noticed, too).

Still worth buying, IMHO.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 1:35:35 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 30, 10 2:30 PM
I purchased this game because I enjoyed the demo, after that it just went down hill, for me anyway.
I didn't find it scary at all, the one part made me jump, but that was about it for the fear factor, in this game, what a let down .
I bought it because I LOVE creepy, dark games, the more psychotic and bizzare and twisted, the better....sorry this didn't qualify for any of these.
I am happy for those of you who enjoyed it, for me it wasn't worth the money, even on sale for 5.29.
Like others have said, some parts had music, some didn't, silence doesn't really make for a spooky atmosphere, it just lacked in so many departments.
It didn't have good flow, the graphics were poor, it just felt like a low budget movie, would feel.
Well you live and you learn I guess, hope everyone has a Happy Halloween :-)

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Oct 30, 10 2:36 PM
I'm not loving this game, it is just okay, but is a disappointment after Haunted Halls, which I purchased yesterday (and is terrific by the way). What seems strange is that the curser doesn't change to a hand when you go to pick something up, you just have to click on it. After playing the demo hour, I checked the walkthrough and it appears that I am almost half-way through the game.
Since I need 4 more punches to fill another punchcard, I may purchase it, but I want to demo other games first. I have been waiting for a sale to try Sleepy Hollow, Dark Parables, Sinister City and Elementals. And I want to see what is getting released tomorrow as the TGT and DD.
Anyway, I am glad I tried the game, but it isn't anywhere as good as I thought it would be.

[Post New]by janalexes on Oct 30, 10 2:39 PM
i could not even get game started...i reinstalled.. still would not pick up key,, looks like it could be good game,,, if it would play for me..

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 30, 10 2:43 PM
I think I would have loved this game, if the scenes weren't so dark. It takes to long to sit and wait to skip a mini-game. The hints do replinish quickly, which is a plus since the scenes are so dark. I won't be buying this game simply because of the lack of light, clarity and waiting time to skip the mini-game.

Other than that I think this would be an outstanding game.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 30, 10 2:44 PM
janalexes wrote:i could not even get game started...i reinstalled.. still would not pick up key,, looks like it could be good game,,, if it would play for me..

Contact technical support they've very good, and Welcome to the pond Janalexes

[Post New]by jenniferjenice on Oct 30, 10 3:08 PM
I am sorry that I purchased this game as I am very disappointed in it. It is entirely too short! and it moves you from one location to another very rapidly. The game does not give you much of a story line except to say that the town was founded by vampires hundreds of years ago and that the main character is the daughter of the mayor and the vampire queen. I just feel that it totally left me hanging and unsatisfied. There were some instances where I found myself getting sleepy and bored. The game only had one startling fear factor but after that, it just went down hill. Had I known that I was half way finished with the game when I down loaded it for the 1 hour of free play, I would never had purchased it.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 3:13:55 PM PST

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Oct 30, 10 3:18 PM
I might try it later,but can,t buy cause punch card is filled up,don,t have time to fill another one.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 30, 10 3:22 PM
The graphics are good. The gameplay is IHOG and straight HOG. There are some places, such as in chapter 4 where items are dark and really hard to find. There are American and British English terms used, which I find fun. The story seems quite complex and does have a tendency to jump if you click your mouse. All in all, it's a good scary game. I found a few areas that the jumps are going to keep me up tonight.

This game is a B+.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 30, 10 3:38 PM
Coping this over from my post in the original official thread last night around 1am... that somehow wasn't stickied and is now buried... *insert twilight zone music* ... (Or maybe it's Halloween Goblins!! )

Ok now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Spooky ihog/adventure just in time for Halloween. I played 30 mins and will buy for sure. Heck the splash screen alone made me want to buy! There were a couple spots that made me jump which is always fun and a really nice intro... too bad they didn't keep the narration throughout instead of only the intro but I still like it.

Feels adventury with moving up to a door then finding a key... that sort of thing... I play casual and the hog scenes are lit by sparkles so you know where to click. The items were nicely hidden and I didn't notice any of the trickery that is so awful (green pizza's hidden in green bushes for example ) so it's nice to see devs taking the time to make the hog scenes mesh with the game. Some of the objects are on the small size but it's because they are the size in keeping with the room. But they weren't that hard to find and there is always a hint if you get stuck.

The puzzles/mini-games are fun and varied and there are lots of them sprinkled in along the way. I didn't want to stop playing! But I need to be a good mommy and get some sleep for Halloween tomorrow... just wanted to stop in here and give a quick review in case anyone's looking. ETA: Forgot to mention... the music isn't bad and it doesn't constantly loop so it's not annoying. And no glitches at all with my rig so maybe check with CS if you're having problems. The game's worth it.

Try it you'll like it! Hey Mikey!

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 1:12:25 AM PST

package88
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by package88 on Oct 30, 10 6:03 PM
hi everyone Happy Hallween eve! could you please explai n windows mode or how do you stay in the game and check walkthrough????? I always exit the game someone mentioned along time ago that they press the crtl and the alt at the same time ???? i can do alot of things on my laptop but I am not by any means computer savy!!!!!
If someone can explain in a simon simple matter!! lol! Happy Gaming everyone!

package88
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by package88 on Oct 30, 10 6:11 PM
oops sorry that i did not post my last post else where but it was in satexaasgirl's discussion so i asked here kinda new to posting please forgive me thanks everyone

Go to: